X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Akaka vs. Case Debate: Live Thread

Originally posted by Adri
    Auntie, I didn't ask to be on Case's list but he agreed to speak at a function when he was running for governor and thus his office got my email address at that time. But to be fair, I didn't ask to be removed from his list once I started getting the emails because I didn't mind getting information about the candidates for that race and then I got lazy and just didn't bother asking to be removed after the race was pau. But I am pretty sure this is an authentic email from Case's campaign. For one, it's not an address I use widely and it contains a soliciation for volunteers and contributions for Case's campaign. I doubt a smearer would include that info just in case someone does decide to add support to Case's campaign.
    Unfortunately it is authentic. I am very upset about this tonight and I will let my feeling be known...like they would care. I am just one. However, to me this kind of Politics shows no class. The Media showed Ed was stronger in the Debate and favored better by the people. Why even bother with Online Polls which can not be accurate as Mel explianed in his post. Whoever coordinated the emails to be sent out to the supporters on the Candidate's behalf deserves whack whacks! Shame!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri
      Hmmm, I wonder to what extent the e-begging (on either side) is influencing the polls?
      I guess I shouldn’t be shocked that I received this same email. Those Case guys must be desperately spamming it up. To their detriment, apparently. At last check, Akaka is now leading in the same poll (though ever so slightly):

KITV website at 9:05 p.m. ... Who do you think did better in the U.S. Senate debate?

Sen. Daniel Akaka 3201 votes 49%
      Rep. Ed Case 3172 votes 49%
      It was a tie. 116 votes 2%

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

For those of you who missed the "debate" and for those who want to see a couple of highlights, someone (not me) posted the following video on YouTube.com:

KGMB TV News Coverage Akaka-Case

There's about 2 to 3 minutes of actual footage from the KHET studio, before and after clips and commentary from Dan Boylon. In all a little more than 7 minutes worth of footage.
        Last edited by mel; September 4, 2006, 03:53 AM.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
          Unfortunately it is authentic. I am very upset about this tonight and I will let my feeling be known...like they would care. I am just one. However, to me this kind of Politics shows no class. The Media showed Ed was stronger in the Debate and favored better by the people. Auntie Lynn
          Auntie,

Ed Case should have cried. Would have been an easy win. If he doens't cry on camera this week, I don't think a conservative Haole democrat can win what has always been a Plantation Asian seat.

We shall see on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea
            Auntie,

Ed Case should have cried. Would have been an easy win. If he doens't cry on camera this week, I don't think a conservative Haole democrat can win what has always been a Plantation Asian seat.

We shall see on Saturday.
            Aloha Kamuelakea! I'm glad he didn't cry. He is more dignified of a man to lower himself do to that. As I've stated from the beginning..."When all is said and done ~ friends will still remain friends. Family will always be family. Whoever is elected ~ we all hope and pray...will do the best to represent us well!

Come Election Day, the Voters will have chosen who will be going to the General Election. Actually, whoever wins the Primary wins it all!

Good Luck to Dan Akaka and Ed Case both who have done much for Hawai'i nei!

Love and Aloha

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

As the debate has come and gone, this "Live Thread" is being put out to pasture. Please continue discussion of the Akaka v. Case race in the Case versus Akaka thread.

Comment

Working...
              X