All she had to do was ask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All she had to do was ask

So Abercrombie's wife removed an Ed Case sign herself stating that it was against the law to put signage like that on public property. She indicated she'd have taken signage from any other candidate, but I think she'd have asked first.

http://starbulletin.com/2006/09/07/news/story02.html

She's correct but I think her actions won't fair well in the public eye except for everybody against Ed Case.

I saw an Ed Case sign on the road in Keaau a few days ago. It seems there's others that feel Ed Case shouldn't run either.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Re: All she had to do was ask

Politicians and their cronies can be so juvenile
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery
      heheheh. Dirty Politics has no room in Hawai'i!
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery
        Which comes first, the juvenile behavior or the involvement in politics? One may well be a prerequisite for the other.
        Originally posted by 1stwahine
        heheheh. Dirty Politics has no room in Hawai'i!
        Now, THAT was funny, Auntie!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
          Which comes first, the juvenile behavior or the involvement in politics? One may well be a prerequisite for the other.

Now, THAT was funny, Auntie!
          Thank you, thank you, thank you! Takes another Bow! Picks up my sign...
          ....VOTE ED CASE!!!

Ooops! A car stops in front. It's the same crazed lady. Congressman's Abercrombie's wife!!

aUNTIE pUPULE: "Try come, I dare you."
          AB's Wife: Ahhhhhh...."Neva mine. Wrong area."

Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

if it's juvenile behaviour - I know a LOT of folks who should be running for office heck - I could even qualify if that was the prerequisite (at least once or twice a week anyway)
            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo Lakio
              Wasn't Bula'ia a prime example

Can we see a run from Manoa in the future....NOT!

Manoa did his political spew back in college and was highly disappointed. Geez so in my case... the politics made me learn my juvenile behaviors

As far as the wife saying she would have done it to her own husbands sign...
              *Cough*Bullshit!
              Last edited by damontucker; September 7, 2006, 08:25 PM.

Comment

I ran for council last goround. Got my sigs. Got my name on the ballot. Attended all the debates, forums, and other organized events, did my homework, and spoke my peace with prepared material, peppered with facts, numbers, and logic. Spoke my own mind without much of a clutch, as you regulars can well imagine. Got a standing ovation at the Komohana Ag Ext in Hilo. Got 20,000 lbs of stink-eye at the ILWU Hall, and escaped to tell of it. Got quoted out of context in the West Hawaii Yesterday, complete with photo. But I gotta admit, with a wink and a nod, it was good journalism by any tabloid standard. Remember, it's politics.

Bought 1 ad for $300. Never spent another penny. Talked with about 800-1000 people in S. Kona, Kau, and Upper Puna over the course of nearly 4 months. Lot's of folks agreed with some things I said, nodding politely, and pretending to listen. Other folks were more subtle in the scope of their indifference or their level of comfort with the status quo.

Turns out I got about 267 votes. And made about 268 enemies.

Bob Jacobson won. HOVE residents still sit in daily, 2 hr traffic jams, commuting to homes without any water sources nearby, or jobs. Hokulia Rd still not open. Intransigence, rooted in Red Tape & the Politics of NO still firmly in control. Old Boys living like kings pulling the puppet strings of wannabe insiders. Not one FN mile of new road built. AGAIN. The Moebius Strip known as the war on drugs just keeps marching along. Lawyers salivating at the prospect of Government mistakes made as a result of oligarchical hiring practices, where vetting is secondary to "who you know". Oh yeah, and we got a new trail dedicated somewhere, with a plaque, and a rubbish can.

"So tell us Tim, what u learn?"
                Lesson #1 - The voters who vote, don't care to know. The voters who know, don't care to vote.

Lesson #2 - Law & Politics is not the arena of logic, truth, or honor.

Lesson #3 - Xenophobia is the chain that Old Boys use to shackle the masses.

In my particular political district, dogmatic utopianism feasts on a diet of imagination, propaganda, & misinformation to the point of suicidal bliss.

It's the perfect recipe for unfair political realities.
                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

lesson #4 even if you were in office...the same problems would exist!

Comment

lesson #4 even if you were in office...the same problems would exist!

For more explanation on that, refer to Lesson #3.
                    FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
                      Bought 1 ad for $300. Never spent another penny. Talked with about 800-1000 people in S. Kona, Kau, and Upper Puna over the course of nearly 4 months. Lot's of folks agreed with some things I said, nodding politely, and pretending to listen. Other folks were more subtle in the scope of their indifference or their level of comfort with the status quo.
                      Welcome to Hawaii and the local way of doing things.........subtle but effective.
                      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Effective?

So the indifference and the status quo are preferable. That explains a lot about what happened 120 years ago. It's statements like anapuni's last one that show me why I didn't get elected, and why the power structure here enjoys such unchallenged supremacy. I must be careful, while raising my daughter, that she does not succumb to the "subtlety" that is pervasive in the islands. Maybe this is what Polynesian Paralysis is.
                        FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
                          Effective?

So the indifference and the status quo are preferable. That explains a lot about what happened 120 years ago. It's statements like anapuni's last one that show me why I didn't get elected, and why the power structure here enjoys such unchallenged supremacy. I must be careful, while raising my daughter, that she does not succumb to the "subtlety" that is pervasive in the islands. Maybe this is what Polynesian Paralysis is.
                          It's certainly true that people tend to prefer the monster they know to the potential monster that just walked in the door. There's no such thing as solution based politics around here, the electorate just elects the same old politicians who created the problems and now refuse to solve them. Just look at how long Sen. Kawamoto was around before he finally got the boot, the irony there is that with all of his corruption, cronyism, and misuse of campaign funds it took the Traffic Cam Debacle (that was a FUN one!) to unseat him. Until we demand accountability from our politicians via the ballot box we will be saddled with the same old story, run by the same good old boys (and gals), kvetching about the same old problems.

Jewlipino

Comment

Working...
                          X