• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Maple
    replied
    Re: Ethnic politics?

Originally posted by kamuelakea
    He ran Waihee's campaign. If not a plantation AJA, what is he??
    I don't remember who ran the Waihe'e campaign, so maybe Nekoba did. But I do know he worked on Cayetano's. Nekoba isn't in the plantation mentality, although he knows how it works. He's from the upper-middle class Sansei/Yonsei that values money and power as opposed to blind loyalty to an ethnicity. That's not saying ethnicity isn't a factor--just that it's less important than money.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by John Maple
    I'm 50% Hawaiian; my mother married a Caucasian. I married a Korean woman, because I'd known her since we were children and she's my best friend. At the same time, I believe in self-determination, even independence, if the Hawaiian community so chooses. I see what Westernization has done to Hawaiians, our culture and our heritage, and it pains me. What do I do? Do I leave my wife and children, marry a Hawaiian woman, and commit my life to self-determination? Do I just pretend to be another haole? Do I cut my children off from their ancestors and their heritage?

You can do what any other poidog does. Work, play, raise your family. You need not deny your Hawaiian heritage but you shouldn't deny you other heritage as well. You CHOSE to marry a non-Hawaiian as your mother did. No problem but choices have consequences. When you knowingly marry a Korean, you know your kids are going to be 1/2 Korean. That's great. But at some point in the dilution train, you cannot continue to pretend to be a Native Hawaiian. Your kids will always be part-Hawaiian regardless of the quantum fraction but when you go below 50%, its just common sense to me that you cease being a Native Hawaiian.

Leave a comment:

• Pua'i Mana'o
    replied

Originally posted by kamuelakea
    First ting aunty. No worry. I'm nobody. I'm not in a position to make the determination.

But seems to me you're getting huhu cuz my interpretation cuts you off from the gravy train.

I say if you are more than 50% immigrant then get out of the way and try to help real Hawaiians whose ancestors continued to marry Hawaiians achieve self determination.

Anything less is selfish in my humble opinion.

According to your math, me, my husband and my three kids all rate, all DHHL stamped and certified, and if you were like me, you would resent having to prove to some stupid bunch of govt workers who your ancestors were (btdt, mahalo to my own grandparents for fighting the good fight). So don't tell me to get out of my way; I mothered three more native Hawaiians (notice the small "n"--that means 50% or more according to DHHL, and a capital "N" means folks like you).

But you know what? THIS SHOULDN'T BE ABOUT THAT!

I stand by my three points. Get educated, Kamuela. We cannot afford to have Hawaiians perpetuate your kind of thinking. The largest group of Hawaiians are between 25%-49% Hawaiian. And I have explained all of this before.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I think I understand where you're coming from. It's annoying to see other people, like Kenneth Conklin, commandeer Hawaiian as if it's purely an attitude, as if my ancestors and their history in these islands don't matter. But blood quantum divides Hawaiians from each other. In my view, if you can trace your geneaology to the aboriginal peoples of these islands, you're a Hawaiian. Two generations of intermarriage does not negate centuries of dust in the land.

Ken Conklin makes me sick. Can't stand the sight of the ethnic carpet bagger.

But your argument is that Conklin, who is 100% immigrant shouldn't be spouting off as a "Hawaiian" but that some 99% Haole or 99% Asian and 1% Hawaiian can.

How U feegah?

I don't see the point. The toenail club is the true tennis club. Native Hawaiians are Native Hawaiians. They are on the verge of extinction. If they choose to completely marry out with hot korean chicks or whatevah, fine. but the few left should have the opportunity to have their country back.

The mostly Haole, Japanese, Chinese, Portuguese, Filipino, whatever, can still be proud of who they are but they cannot continue to hold themselves out as
    Hawaiians. They are not.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

If Hawaiians didn't matter, why was Akaka out at Hawaiian Homelands campaigning to turn out their votes? If AJAs were all that matter, why wasn't he in Manoa or Aiea or some other AJA stronghold, signwaving with Lynn Waihe'e or whatever you think turns AJAs on?

Because AJAs had to vote for Akaka and he knew it. Akaka was in the places he could make the biggest diff. He was reminding Hawaiians to get off da elemu and show up and vote. Odawize most stay home.

Between Case and Akaka, AJAs had no choice.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Maybe "anything less is selfish", but politics is selfish. That's the field you're dealing with.

Even with the toenails, the Hawaiian community is fighting for its survival. Take out those and Hawaiians become insignificant.

This comment borders on psychological genocide. Really look at your words and think about them.

You are saying that without a bunch of poidog mutts, that Native Hawaiians are insignificant.

Who is guilty of trying to finally kill off the real Native Hawaiians? No need Asians to do it when you got Hawaiians like you.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Japanese representation in the legislature is, to a certain extent, a remnant of the AJA bloc votes.

Says who? You got a crystal ball? I look at people in power and I see mostly Asia. Maybe you right. Maybe you wrong. Based upon Case vs Akaka, you wrong.

Leave a comment:

• damontucker
    replied

HGEA is being recruited to vote for the Dems.... street signs etc...

You will see a push in the next few days.

*someone erased something previously...
    gar dangit...why I didn't capture it before it was gone!
    Last edited by damontucker; September 27, 2006, 08:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

(1) Splitting the Caucasian haole vote with the war issue.
    I really don't believe you are 50% Hawaiian. This sounds like the work of a UH Haole professor type.

Brah, doesn't matter if he got the entire Haole vote, in fact, he did. They still aren't enought to beat the AJAs + Hawaiians + Unions + HGEA.
    Last edited by kamuelakea; September 27, 2006, 08:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I'm not sure how much credence I lend to the "Audrey Nakamura as peace pipe to the AJAs" explanation.

Don't know who said that. I said I think Case assumed she would be a peace pipe but instead she really was the samurai shaft. Deeze old Japaneeze don't want to envision a Republican haole boinking deah chicks. I know you think I'm joking but I'm not. Garannzzz.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

And that vote is not what it used to be.

It may not be what it used to be but it still wins races and puts plantation asians in elected and appointed and HGEA positions at least 100% overrepresented relative to the population of Hawaii.

Weaker? Maybe. But its still a one party town and the threat against Case as this being "Suicide" is evidence that much of Hawaii still operates in that old closed racial society known as the Plantation Asian Hawaii, aka Da Localz.
    Last edited by kamuelakea; September 27, 2006, 08:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Case has been railing against "the machine" since he's been in politics. That includes plantation politics and the AJA vote.
    Keoni, Just look at the districts Case won. North Kona, Kahala, Kailua, Hawaii Kai, etc. The only districts he won were the traditionally Haole areas. You can't win most seats with only Haole votes and definitely not a statewide race.
    Going against the Plantation Machine in this race is either stupid or suicide. Don't know which he was hoping for.

That's why I think he really thought he would get AJA votes cuz of the wife. But I knew he wouldn't.
    Last edited by kamuelakea; September 27, 2006, 08:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

If Case after the AJA vote after all, he was courting upper-middle class Sansei and Yonsei voters (like those in the district Case knows, Manoa).

You are funny. A haole "republican" courting Sansei and Yonsei?

You gotta be kidding. You are from Hawaii, no?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Your assumption here is that Case was playing for the "plantation AJAs" in the first place. Lloyd Nekoba, Cayetano's campaign manager and Case's brother-in-law, isn't a "plantation AJA" at all.
    He ran Waihee's campaign. If not a plantation AJA, what is he??
    Last edited by kamuelakea; September 27, 2006, 08:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• damontucker
    replied

I don't know who you are Mr. Maple...

but I like the way you put things... In THIS most recent post. (take out a few here and there...but I hear what your getting at)

I hope my son will feel the same as you do in the future when he has to explain his Ethnicity.
    Last edited by damontucker; September 27, 2006, 07:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X