Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ethnic politics?

Originally posted by timkona
    Everybody can be a success. That's the balls truth of it.

Excuse makers will try to undercut the one's they love most out of pure fear of success.

Optimism can be contagious.

You will never get it. Your definition of success is not the only one. Your vision of how the world should function is not the only one. To me, culture is what you do and how you think when you have no idea what you are doing or how you are thinking. It's subconscious. Your "culture" is that your way is the best and only way. That's what we in Hawaii summarize as "haole" often times.

You are a perfect specimen Timkona. I can't believe you still live here because that attitude usually gets nowhere fast.
    Last edited by kamuelakea; September 25, 2006, 03:25 PM.

Comment

The difference between Kam & Puai is amazing to me.

Are you sure you are both Hawaiian??
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Finish your thought. Which one of us do you think is not Hawaiian?

pax

Comment

To finish my thought, I like Pua'i optimism, can-do attitude, with no limits in the mind.

It's the same way a lot of my friends in South Kona feel about their own lives. I see Hawaiians at the top of Mauna Kea working as astronomers, and sprinkled throughout the NFL, winning SuperBowls, and with good businesses, and raising great children, that do well in school, and behave themselves, and learn how to vote cuz their parents take them on polling day.

I see so many great people all around me.
          FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

hm.

Reading this, I hear the initial bangs of the bamboo, starting up a rousing rendition of tinikling. Watching your ankles, eh?

pax

Comment

What? I don't get it??
              FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

I think what pua'i meant... is your "walking on eggs and side stepping issues"

Pua'i, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

I don't sidestep nothing........not ever !!!

I really do like the way Pua'i, as well as many others in Hawaii, apply themselves positively to their lives.

I really do NOT approve of "poor me's", deadbeats, complainers, apologists, liars, xenophobes, cognitive dissonance, blind rhetoric, closed minds, negativism, or eco-terrorists who masquerade as environmental crusaders. You can truly have your life as miserable as you want. And you can blame anybody else, especially if you don't own a mirror.
                  FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Optimism can be contagious.
                    Unfortunately it doesn't seem half as common as the desire to feel smugly sorry for one's self.

Comment

I don't sidestep nothing........not ever !!!

I really do like the way Pua'i, as well as many others in Hawaii, apply themselves positively to their lives.

I really do NOT approve of "poor me's", deadbeats, complainers, apologists, liars, xenophobes, cognitive dissonance, blind rhetoric, closed minds, negativism, or eco-terrorists who masquerade as environmental crusaders. You can truly have your life as miserable as you want. And you can blame anybody else, especially if you don't own a mirror.
                      tinikiling video for you tim
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-qwqKsMpxw

Comment

Re: Thielen vs. Akaka

Kamuelakea - three words for you: money changes everything. Racial issues only matter if the political advertising, community outreach, and gladhandling are not there. Then you have political insider pressures, labor unions and campaign smears. All of these things factor into an election, particularly in Hawai‘i. So what makes you an expert? Selective political races that support your hypothesis?

Give me a break. Go push your racist agenda somewhere else.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                        USA TODAY, page 2A
                        11 March 1993

Comment

Like jumprope, with the risk of pain if you're too slow. Very Cool.

See that one guy shakin his foot. That might leave a mark.
                          FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

The difference between Kam & Puai is amazing to me.

Are you sure you are both Hawaiian??
                            I ask again: which one of us aren't you sure of our Hawaiianess? Because our difference in posting styles lead you to question this (albeit couched in humour).

Notice that I don't question either your or Leo's (for example) Caucasianality based on your collective cognitive sonnance.

pax

Comment

I'm gettin tired. And my foot hurts. Can we stop tinkling?

How about those Democrats? Great win on Saturday, eh? I sure am happy about the way everything been going in Hawaii for the last few decades.
                              FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

tk your mailbox is full...nothing related to this post...just the last post you posted to. I tried to send you a pm and it bounced.

Comment

Working...
                                X