Ethnic politics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ethnic politics?

Some of us deliberately avoid emptying our mailboxes so that we may avoid it being as thoroughly mānoa’d as HT.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Comment

and others avoid manoa all together because they know they will get schooled AGAIN...

TuNnL? like beef?

Comment

Manoa, further attempts to derail this thread will be deleted without comment. In case you need it spelled out, do not respond to this. If you have nothing to say about the topic at hand, find another topic.

Comment

Ethnic politics?

Originally posted by John Maple
          What Case didn't calculate in his call for crossover was that many Hawaiian Republicans would vote Democrat to support Akaka; hence, Kawananakoa's loss to Hogue (since those Hawaiian Republicans would probably have voted Kawananakoa in the House race if Akaka hadn't faced such a strong challenge). These voters would probably have gone back into the Republican column if Kawananakoa had run--which is why he was the GOP's first choice--but he didn't, so they won't.

Wrong. What Case assumed was that because his wife was an AJA and the sister of the wife of a bigtime plantation asian insider he would get AJA votes. WRONG!!!!! ED. A samurai's worst nightmare is for a white devil to be boinking their girls. Case LOST votes from AJAs when he thought he was gaining them.

Hawaiian votes are politically irrelevent since "Hawaiian" is all over the map and since "Hawaiians" don't vote. AJA block voters win and lose elections. That's why Hawaii's legilature is about 100% over represented by Japanese relative to their population.
          Last edited by admin; September 26, 2006, 08:05 PM. Reason: Split from ' Republican Crossover Votes' thread.

Comment

Re: Republican Crossover Votes

Originally posted by kamuelakea
            Wrong. What Case assumed was that because his wife was an AJA and the sister of the wife of a bigtime plantation asian insider he would get AJA votes. WRONG!!!!! ED. A samurai's worst nightmare is for a white devil to be boinking their girls.
            Even if this is true...
            Hawaiian votes are politically irrelevent since "Hawaiian" is all over the map and since "Hawaiians" don't vote.
            ...this is not.

Moreover, it doesn’t disprove any of John Maple’s post.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

USA TODAY, page 2A
            11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL
              Even if this is true......this is not.

Moreover, it doesn’t disprove any of John Maple’s post.

Brah, U can read owah wot? He is trying to attribute Case's loss to Hawaiians. That might be 1%. Its the AJAs that Case miscalculated. That's more like a 20% shift.

Catch?

Comment

With Kawananakoa getting so close to a win, I think there is a earthquake taking place right now in Hawaiian's political reality. They see the potential for success in the political realm if they would follow the civic path to leadership roles, which includes gaining political offices with more votes and voters.

If they ever REALLY learn this, the sovereignty movement will die off, and Hawaiians will truly be in charge in 20 years.

They been whipping a dead horse for 20 years. Now they see a better horse.
                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Brah, U can read owah wot? He is trying to attribute Case's loss to Hawaiians.
                  You da one no can read, kanak.
                  Originally posted by John Maple
                  What Case didn't calculate in his call for crossover was that many Hawaiian Republicans would vote Democrat to support Akaka.
                  All he saying is Case neva calculate. He not saying ass why Case wen lose.

Catch?

USA TODAY, page 2A
                  11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL
                    You da one no can read, kanak.All he saying is Case neva calculate. He not saying ass why Case wen lose.

Catch?

I going try draw pikcha and upload so you can learn. You still no catch. Its da AJAs not da Hawaiians who made da diff.

Comment

Hey Kam, what you think about Hawaiians ability to get involved in politics and take over via the civic path to leadership? You think the AJ vote is just too powerful?
                      FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
                        Hey Kam, what you think about Hawaiians ability to get involved in politics and take over via the civic path to leadership? You think the AJ vote is just too powerful?
                        Yes

Comment

Originally posted by timkona

WHo cares? My defense (mine only) of Hawaiians is for the REAL Hawaiians 100%, 50% if you want to argue, have a right to self determination. I don't care about toe nail Hawaiians who have essentially joined the American system of government. They are Americans of Hawaiian ancestory like any other American.

Comment

Is it self-determination is the legislature, and councils, and judiciary are filled to the brim with elected or appointed Hawaiians??

After all, seems like the police depts and most worker positions have a healthy number.
                            FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

WHo cares? My defense (mine only) of Hawaiians is for the REAL Hawaiians 100%, 50% if you want to argue, have a right to self determination. I don't care about toe nail Hawaiians who have essentially joined the American system of government. They are Americans of Hawaiian ancestory like any other American.

WHAT!?!?! Where do you get off cutting determination rights at the 100% mark?? ALL of my ancestors who were living in the time of the Kingdom lived in Hawai'i. ALL of my ancestors who were not koko Hawai'i were naturalized Hawaiian citizens, pledging allegiance under Kings Kamehameha III, IV, Lunalilo and Kalakaua.

In this order, you need to:
                              1)develop a high fluency in Hawaiian. So that you will have the ability read and comprehend the Hawaiian newspapers of the 19th century
                              2)then you need to read the damned things, and not rely on 20th century English b.s. versions like Shoal of Time, and all the other ones that make it sound like we were weaker than we actually were.
                              3)then you read up on the United Nations and international law concerning the definition of nation and citizenry of such, and what our rights of self-determination are, and then WHO gets that right
                              4)and THEN you come back and talk about self-determination. Because this is the *biggest* piece of uneducated bullsh*t I have read out of your mouth.

You are talking from your na'au. Talk from na'auao next time.

pax

Comment

Pua'i... I think that's why he emphasized MINE ONLY was cause he knew he was full of it.

I was waiting for a Hawaiian to state something to him...

Comment

Working...
                                X