Neil Abrocrombie Email Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neil Abrocrombie Email Question?

I just received an automatic generated email from the Office of Congressman Neil Abercrombie:

"The following is an automated response:

Aloha!

Are you emailing from Hawaii?

If so, your message goes to the top of my priority list.

The only way we can tell which emails are from Hawaii is from the sender’s
    name and postal mailing address (including zip code)."

Etc. Etc. Etc.

I didn't send anything? It says not to respond to the email. I have to write or call. Could someone use my email address?

Dang! Dangerous times.

Did this happen to anyone and what did you do?

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Neil Abrocrombie Email Question?

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
    Could someone use my email address?
    He could have received spam that had your email forged in the return address. I suspect they know that, that's why you are to respond only if you sent something.

Comment

Or that not many people of Hawai`i e-mail Congressman Abercrombie as opposed to say Congresswoman Hirono or Senators Akaka and Inouye and the Congressman is just trying to get a sample poll from his writers.

Comment

Auntie, I've emailed with countless representatives, local as well as state and federal, but nah, never got a form letter that I hadn't made contact first, about. Yoikers!
        Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
          Auntie, I've emailed with countless representatives, local as well as state and federal, but nah, never got a form letter that I hadn't made contact first, about. Yoikers!
          Well, I'm sending a letter cause I really am interested in what was written and sent in my name and email address.

It wasn't me!

Hui! Congressman Abrocrombie! I am Lynn Vasquez, the original. Aka Auntie Pupule, I neba send nuttin to you dis morning. Promise. Cross my heart.

I am serious.

In fact, this is my real name.

Alyn Vasquez

Comment

I just figured out what was sent to the Congressman!

Mel sent me an email "PC must have been hit by a virus from that site that sent out all of those automatic invitations from your email address files."

Guess which one?

Queshup!!!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
              Mel sent me an email "PC must have been hit by a virus from that site that sent out all of those automatic invitations from your email address files."
              Must've been a virus.

I've emailed Congressman Abercrombie twice and have NEVER received so much as an acknowledgement of receipt of my emails. Nada. So much for him. A!!-hole.

Comment

I received the message the original poster mentioned. Then, I started to receive at LOT of email from the Senator's office. After some unsuccesful attempts to unsubscribe, I finally called his local Honolulu office and asked to be removed from his mailing list. The email has since stopped.

gchun

Comment

Working...
                X