This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Non-Hawaiian student kicked out of Kamehameha Schools

I don't know if it's the same there but here if a youngster is less than 21 and gets kicked out without the parents present at the hearing, then they have a right to appeal to the Educational Tribunal. (9 times out of 10, the young student is re-instated.)

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
      My point was simply that we do not know what happened.
      We know that “he was suspended for the rest of the academic year for violating student rules.” And that in itself, is shameful.

I skipped class, broke athletic team rules, and was involved in numerous schoolyard fights (one in which HPD was called). I still never violated the student code severely enough to be kicked out of school for the year.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

His mom must be really mad.

Comment

I don't know what the circumstances were behind his dismissal but I think it's such a shame that he would even risk his enrollment. My son was admitted in the 4th grade and from then the point was made that it is a PRIVILEGE to be enrolled at KSBE. But then again, I always impressed upon both my sons that it doesn't matter where you attend school (my second son was not admitted to KSBE) you will always be my child and I will expect appropriate behavior. They have and will continue (eldest is almost 22 years and second son is almost 17) to be reflections of me......

Comment

hi this is sansei and i read these posts and in my own humble opinion,i believe that Non Hawaiian's should be allowed in Kam School is when i was asked by my now deceased father at the time he was living when i was a youth,he asked me what school i'd like to attend and he asked if i'd like to go to kam school and i shared with him that i wasnt allowed is it was only for hawaiian's and he said that's discrimination so i ended up going to Mckinley high school so in that school,we had half hawaiian's or student's with the hawaiian background and if they are able to allow student's with the hawaiian background,then they the kam school should allow Non hawaiian's into their school is it would only be fair,wouldnt anyone agree? I dont mean to be unkind only these are my Thought's from when my Deceased Father asked me what high school i'd like to go to at that time so i show no disrespect to anyone,only i was made to believe that anyone was able to attend hawaiian school's so I Thought to share my Thought's with everyone.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Dang it. I already gave my post of the month award to ericncyn.
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                hi this is sansei and i read these posts and in my own humble opinion,i believe that Non Hawaiian's should be allowed in Kam School .......and he said that's discrimination (

Hi Sensei,

Thank you for your kind and gentle and humble thoughts. Your opinion is very welcome and I do not wish to offend you as well. Peace be with you my friend.

Actually, the only discrimination in Hawaii today is the AJA Baseball league. You still must be of Japanese decent to play a haole game of baseball on baseball fields paid for by Hawaii taxpayers of all ethnicities.

Please let your people know of this. I am sure you are as surprised and offended as I am that this type of blatant racist discrimination occurs and you will work hard to end it. Thank you so much for your kokua. You are truly a kind and gentle man.

Also, I think the Cherry Blossom pageant has racist entry requirements. You must be of Japanese decent to enter. They only recently reduced the 100% requirement. PS: How does one test for pure breed 100% ethnicity in human breeds?

Also, I think to work for the HSTA and HGEA, and Territorial Savings, it doesn't hurt to be of Japanese ancestry.

Well, thank you for your time and attention. Please do not be concerned with my humble words as they are simply the thoughts of one simple man.

Oh, and arigato senor.
                Last edited by kamuelakea; December 26, 2007, 07:59 PM.

Comment

But non-Hawaiians are already allowed in Kam School. Fo' real! Check it out:

http://www.kamschool.com

Anybody can enroll, just pay the tuition and airfare.
                  Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post

There's nothing to be said 'bout that link, it's all expressions!
                    ___
                    "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post

Blaine....Kurt said he like go Kam school and now he can! I think he just needs to learn to drive! heh heh heh
                      So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Originally posted by Kalei99 View Post
                        Blaine....Kurt said he like go Kam school and now he can! I think he just needs to learn to drive! heh heh heh
                        ...on the wrong side...

Comment

hi this is sansei and to zztype,that's a driving school and i only meant the one in Kapalama and not this driving school and it's not lol. i dont find it amuzing. if in my time at our local public school's,that's when they should've accepted our half hawaiian or full blooded hawaiian student's so they wouldnt have to have gone to Public School's and this Kam school i mention is the kameamehama school's is shortened of my thought's as Kam school's on which my Deceased Father taught me how to say it so i thought to share my thought's with everyone.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Sansei, uhhh..uhhhh....eh, I going be nice.

Happy New Year 2008!!

Auntie Lynn
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                              hi this is sansei and to zztype,that's a driving school and i only meant the one in Kapalama and not this driving school and it's not lol. i dont find it amuzing. ... this Kam school i mention is the kameamehama school's is shortened of my thought's as Kam school's on which my Deceased Father taught me how to say it so i thought to share my thought's with everyone.(
                              Aloha, Sansei. As I understand it, many folks of Hawaiian ancestry do not find it "amuzing" to have people abbreviate the name of Kamehameha, an honored and revered name of Hawaiian royalty, as "Kam." Perhaps that is why zztype was teasing about the listing of "Kam School."

Comment

awww foggit.
                                Last edited by zztype; December 31, 2007, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X