This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Non-Hawaiian student kicked out of Kamehameha Schools

hi this is sansei and in response to leo lakio, if island people who live here are able to incorrectly say Karaoke as Kereoke then we as an american people are able to say incorrectly Kam School aka Kamehameha school is people who live here i noticed always incorrectly say japanese name's incorrectly and that's not kind so I Thought to share my Thought's with everyone.Also who won WW2 for us,it was the American's and Japanese American's and from what my Deceased father shared before he left us that their werent any hawaiian's in WW2 so I Thought to share my Thought's with everyone.

well thank's for your time

Comment

hi this is sansei and in response to zztype,i dont kiss anyone's backside. im not an unkind person and i dont make false statement's here,it's not good so I Thought to share this with everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post
        awww foggit.
        you foggit.

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
          hi this is sansei and in response to leo lakio, if island people who live here are able to incorrectly say Karaoke as Kereoke then we as an american people are able to say incorrectly Kam School aka Kamehameha school is people who live here i noticed always incorrectly say japanese name's incorrectly and that's not kind
          I agree with your Japanese mispronunciation comment - I try to say words like "karaoke" (and other Nihongo words) correctly. I make the effort to learn from my errors, and to not be offended when I am corrected by those who can teach me.

Akemashite omedetou gozaimasu, Sansei!

Comment

Okay Sansei...I'm 100% Japanese and Sansei. I've had two direct uncles serve in the famed 442nd 100th battalion that ran took that hill. One is dead the other is still alive. I come from a family of US military vets including myself and my third eldest in the US Marines.

None of us ever...EVER abbreviated Kamehameha Schools unless we refer it to KSBE. Why? Because Kamehameha Schools is NOT a Chinese school, and it would be as mean of a racial slap to my face if someone abbrivated my ethnicty as a full-blooded Japanese as a Jap.

Just because your dad told you to say it that way that doesn't mean you have to.

Japanese kids born and raised in Hawaii (especially in Honolulu) think they know what it takes to be Hawaiian simply by living in Hawaii, but it takes more than that. I'll never fully know myself but embracing the Hawaiian culture with my family (my wife is part Hawaiian) has made me a very strong supporter of that culture who's lands were stolen from and their very culture forced to be redefined by western standards.

KSBE was created for their benefit. Remember the will of Bernice Pauahi Bishop was legalized under the authority of the Hawaiian Monarchy. A monarchy that was ILLEGALLY overthrown making that legal document still VERY MUCH LEGAL. You simply cannot use the US Constitution's laws of protections on another country's sovereign rights or discriminatory practices.

KSBE has every right to discriminate against all other races. The US Government has a duty to correct that injustice that reduced a proud monarchy to a woman under house arrest and left it's people as second rate citizens in the very land they nourished.

The fact is that KSBE isn't even asking for federal aid. All they want is to use the monies left by Pauahi to educate Hawaiians.

As Japanese and Sansei at that, we forget how easy it is for us to get things in Hawaii. Our last names open doors to employment and promotion in a local economy still in charge by many of our Nisei parents. But put a Hawaiian name on that resume and suddenly that Japanese kid is looking better and better.

KSBE only wants to level that playing field and if the US government cannot or will not give Hawaii back to the people it was stolen from at least they can simply stay out of the way and let Hawaiians be Hawaiian.

For a third generation Japanese living here in Hawaii not to see that injustice tells me you need to open your eyes more and let your senses feel what the lands on which you place your very feet on is trying to tell you. It'll make you cry for all Hawaiians and then you'll know why KSBE cannot fail.

IMUA Kamehameha!!
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

hi this is sansei and in response to leo lakio, if island people who live here are able to incorrectly say Karaoke as Kereoke then we as an american people are able to say incorrectly Kam School aka Kamehameha school is people who live here i noticed always incorrectly say japanese name's incorrectly and that's not kind so I Thought to share my Thought's with everyone.Also who won WW2 for us,it was the American's and Japanese American's and from what my Deceased father shared before he left us that their werent any hawaiian's in WW2 so I Thought to share my Thought's with everyone.
              Sansei,

Please keep talking. I believe you really are an AJA immigrant who choses to reside in Hawaii. There are more AJAs in California than Hawaii. There are more AJAs in Brazil than Hawaii. In fact, there are more Japanese in Brazil than there are in the United States.

Did you know 1/2 of all the AJAs who came to Hawaii to cut sugar actually returned to their homeland? The other 1/2 were mostly racist so they shipped in Japanese women cuz they wouldn't dare marry out of the master race.

Just some facts for you to munch on but I know you're doing your Hawaiian culture thing today and pounding mochi.

Arigato Sensei and Happy New Year!

:if island people who live here are able to incorrectly say Karaoke as Kereoke then we as an american people are able to say incorrectly Kam School aka Kamehameha school
              Hah. That reminds me of the 1998? Nagano Olympics. All the Haole news people were saying Na GAH no. So all the Hawaii AJAs who think they know everything about what is Japanese started whining that the dumb haoles were mispronouncing the Japanese town name. They were saying it should only be NA guh no.

We'll the national news got wind and they started asking the real local residents of Nagano and they said they pronounce it either way.

Typical situation of Hawaii Japanese claiming the Japanese sun for themselves only to be corrected.

Comment

Actually, it was the other way around. Locals thought it should be "na GAH no," while mainland journalists were saying "na guh no." But your point is well taken.

Most Japanese names are pronounced with no accented syllables, so the local pronunciations, especially of three-syllable surnames, tend to be quite wrong. That's why the mainland pronunciation of Senator Inouye's name, which sounds like they're saying "in a way" is closer to correct than the way we say it locally, "ee NOU eh." The senator himself pronounces it much more like "in no way," which is probably closest of all.
                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                  Actually, it was the other way around. Locals thought it should be "na GAH no," while mainland journalists were saying "na guh no." But your point is well taken.
                  Mahalo brah. You right, had um reverse. Happy New Year Scrivener!

Comment

Just make sure you pronounce that mushroom shi-i-take when on the air

Back OT I would think it would be Naaga-no...no?
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

...and from what my Deceased father shared before he left us that their werent any hawaiian's in WW2 so I Thought to share my Thought's with everyone.

Are you serious? OK, somebody needs to tell my very-much-hawaiian grandpa that him being in WW2 was just a figment of his imagination.
                      Last edited by Mililani; January 1, 2008, 09:47 AM.
                      A proud sponsor of
                      http://www.haleamano.com

Comment

Humility is "supposedly" a revered trait in Hawaii. But that don't square with the protective ethno-centrism that surrounds the racial debate of KSBE.

Here's the truth. Your linneage doesn't matter. It's WHO you are that counts.
                        FutureNewsNetwork.com
                        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea View Post
                          There are more AJAs in Brazil than Hawaii. In fact, there are more Japanese in Brazil than there are in the United States.
                          Just want to make sure I understand what you're saying: There are more Americans of Japanese ancestry in Brazil than there are in Hawaii? Was there some kind of mass migration of Americans to Rio or something, or do we have some kind of massive military presence there, or what? I get the second statement, although I wonder if there are some stats that would back that up, but I'm puzzled about the first statement.
                          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mililani View Post
                            Are you serious? OK, somebody needs to tell my very-much-hawaiian grandpa that him being in WW2 was just a figment of his imagination.

Nah...sansei's daddy was just a mean sonovagun who filled his head with misinformation and made him speak like Warner Oland or Boris Karloff done up in yellow face.

Here sansei, educate yourself:

http://www.history.army.mil/topics/apam/hawaiians.htm

http://www.archives.gov/research/arc...rritories.html

Stop the cycle so your children don't carry it on.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                              Just want to make sure I understand what you're saying: There are more Americans of Japanese ancestry in Brazil than there are in Hawaii? Was there some kind of mass migration of Americans to Rio or something, or do we have some kind of massive military presence there, or what? I get the second statement, although I wonder if there are some stats that would back that up, but I'm puzzled about the first statement.
                              Oops,

Scratch the A in front of the first sentence with AJA. There are more Japanese in Brazil than all of the United States. I believe they went to pick sugar juss like Hawaii.

Comment

We're done here.

Comment

Working...
                                X