This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

Teriyaki salmon on top of a bowl of raw spinach, green onion and shallot, cocktail tomatoes, half a cucumber and a few green olives, and lowfat sour cream stirred in all of that which I will cut with cutlery scissors. Burp........
    Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

had breakfast for dinner: cinnamon/raisin bagel with fat free cream cheese and a banana.
      "chaos reigns within.
      reflect, repent and reboot.
      order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Tonight I made shoyu chicken

Last night I made Corn Beef (brisket) and Cabbage.

Tomorrow I'll probably make Pork Tofu or Curry.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
          Tonight I made shoyu chicken

Last night I made Corn Beef (brisket) and Cabbage.

Tomorrow I'll probably make Pork Tofu or Curry.
          all the above sounds delicious. no left overs? lol.

tonight it's whole wheat spaghetti with ground turkey.
          "chaos reigns within.
          order shall return."

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
            all the above sounds delicious. no left overs? lol.

tonight it's whole wheat spaghetti with ground turkey.
            With my family size...what leftovers!

Comment

hi this is sansei and tonight for our dinner,we had pork chop's that my mom cooked on our frying pan with a small amount of oil and we had rice with it and vinegar cucumber's with radish and it was all yum! i also have my Diet soda and my mom has her water..

well thank's for your time

Comment

dinner tonight was from Hapa Grill in Kapolei:

Roast Pork and Teri Chicken with mashed potatoes and potato macaroni salad.

more pics (of the hubby's dinner, appetizer, and dessert, of course!) posted on my flickr account:
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/kanahina/
                I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

roasted potatoes (down to earth's recipe) and greek style chicken (recipe from the honolulu star bulletin).
                  "chaos reigns within.
                  order shall return."

Comment

eric and i picked up a roast pork & ahi poke plate from alicia's market on mokauea st, then drove over to ala moana beach & parked. as we gobbled the juicy roast pork and lovely bits of sea asparagus that commingled enticingly with the ahi and enjoyed the view from the car, we noticed that just twenty feet from us was a film crew. turned out kalai miller (i refuse to put the `okina in his name; he always pronounced it kah-lie, never kuh-luh-ee when we were in high school) was doing something you'd have to pay me money to be interested in. if alicia's food wasn't so damn good, i would have gotten bad indigestion & puked it out as a demonstration of what i think of the self-satisfied, spoiled & arrogant poser.

oh, the roast pork & ahi poke plate comes with a hefty scoop of rice and potato-pea-imitation crab salad, for about nine bucks. enough to feed me and eric quite satisfyingly. alicia's offers roast sirloin, turkey tails, roast chicken and an array of yummy poke. don't let the industrial kalihi neighborhood scare you (it once figured in a scene from "dog the bounty hunter") bcs the staff at the family-owned market/local-style deli are friendly and the food is worth it!
                    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

misoyaki salmon and vegetarian chow fun (just can't get enough of that stuff).
                      "chaos reigns within.
                      order shall return."

Comment

Char siu chicken leftovers from the picnic.....YUM!

Comment

hi this is sansei and tonight for our dinner,we had fried soba and a cucumber and lettuce salad and everything was yum!

Well thank's for your time

Comment

i came home from a long day of work & school, carrying an empty, over-caffeinated belly. i was welcomed by a warm home, fragrant with the scent of eric's cooking.

his creation? a fritata of garlic, shanghai cabbage, jalapenos, and kim chee. it was accented with fresh basil, american parsley, & kalamata olives. we had brown rice & kombu as well as iriko (prepared japanese anchovies) on the side. it went quite well with the 2005 beaulieu vineyard coastal estates cab sav.

sounds like a mishmash of flavors (i wouldn't have put them together) but it worked! i was delightfully surprised when i followed a bite of the brown rice & kombu with a sip of the cab sav and was rewarded with a sweetness the wine had never displayed before.

dessert was breyer's natural vanilla ice cream along with frozen reese's peanut butter cups. eric, pulling from his experience as a fine dining server, chilled the bowl with iced water before dolloping out the ice cream.

dunno who loves that man more - me or my tummy.
                            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

last night: vegetarian summer rolls from downt to earth.

tonight: thai red curry
                              "chaos reigns within.
                              order shall return."

Comment

So I'm making Curry tonight and as I'm chopping up the carrots and adding peanut butter for a bit of Thai flavor, I dip a carrot stick in the peanut butter and wow what a great taste combination? Great snack that's healthy too!

Comment

Working...
                                X