• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barry
    replied
    Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

Originally posted by helen View Post
    Prime rib, fried rice, mac salad, carrots and a cup of what seemed to taste like Coke from Lahaina Chicken Company.
    I did send a reply Helen to say that this sounds delicious and also included my recipe for Meat and potato pie. It took me a long time to write out but unfortunately it never got through.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Prime rib, fried rice, mac salad, carrots and a cup of what seemed to taste like Coke from Lahaina Chicken Company.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Two scoops of Mint Chip, a scoop of Cherry Vallinia, scoop of Orange Custard and a can of Mountain Dew from Bubbies Ice Cream.

Leave a comment:

• SusieMisajon
    replied

I got a good deal on chicken breasts and on mushrooms, so I canned lots...fry chunk of chicken til just browned and then fry onions and mushrooms, pack into a jar with chicken bullion powder and top with water. Can at ten pounds pressure for an hour and a half.

Then:

Empty a can of this into a pot and add evaporated milk, veal powder, cooked carrots, celery and garlic. Simmer and thicken (I used a mashed paste of butter and flour). It was delicious mixed with hot spaghetti.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Quarter pounder with cheese, fries and a cup of Diet Coke from Ala Moana McDonalds.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Pizza, side of mushrooms, Diet Coke, followed by ice cream sundae from Gordon Biersch.

Leave a comment:

• Amati
    replied

Spaghetti with ground turkey (meat) and Cheeze pizza.

Leave a comment:

• Barry
    replied

Originally posted by Creative-1 View Post
    I made corned beef and cabbage, my wife's favorite. Had a Yellow Tail Shiraz. Mushrooms. Made a corn pudding for the first time. It was eggsalent!

Ani's bake shop custard pie for desert. Gotta take care of the wife on V Day.

Now that sounds delicious. It's traditional here to have the corned beef and cabbage on 17th march > St. Patrick's day > with a pint of the black falling down liquid (guiness)

Leave a comment:

• Creative-1
    replied

I made corned beef and cabbage, my wife's favorite. Had a Yellow Tail Shiraz. Mushrooms. Made a corn pudding for the first time. It was eggsalent!

Ani's bake shop custard pie for desert. Gotta take care of the wife on V Day.

Leave a comment:

• cynsaligia
    replied

saturday is usually eric's night off but he's filling in right now for someone else at work who had a family emergency in another country. so we scrapped our valentine's dinner at bali by the sea and scooted over to the kaimuki big city diner. i got their cheddar burger with fries and a small side salad. eric ordered himself the valentine's special rib eye with very garlicky mash and a side of buttery broccoli & yellow squash. we shared a glass of the st. francis red they had, too, and followed it with a cup of coffee.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by helen View Post
    McDouble and McChicken burgers with a cup of Diet Coke from McDonalds.
    Helen, hopefully you'll get that microwave...wiki wiki!

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

McDouble and McChicken burgers with a cup of Diet Coke from McDonalds.

Leave a comment:

• Barry
    replied

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
    (new rice cooker) Pork hash patties, rice, sliced cucumbers and sauteed cabbage.

I steamed meat for the first time!

(no comments from the peanut gallery)
    Nice one

I've got one of those 3 tier steamers:-

eg. Water and a spoon of wine vinegar in the base.

Pork ribs on the bottom level

Cabbage, next level

Potatoes on the top.

Switch on and let it do it for you

I usually do a hickory BBQ sauce to go with the ribs (just to keep me busy)

Leave a comment:

• cyleet99
    replied

(new rice cooker) Pork hash patties, rice, sliced cucumbers and sauteed cabbage.

I steamed meat for the first time!

(no comments from the peanut gallery)

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

A mini Dagwood sandwich with 3 slices of bread, 3 slices of cheese, 3 kinds of relish and meat from 3 different kinds of animals (beef, pork and turkey), with a orange juice and dessert of a banana and granola bar.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X