This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

saturday is usually eric's night off but he's filling in right now for someone else at work who had a family emergency in another country. so we scrapped our valentine's dinner at bali by the sea and scooted over to the kaimuki big city diner. i got their cheddar burger with fries and a small side salad. eric ordered himself the valentine's special rib eye with very garlicky mash and a side of buttery broccoli & yellow squash. we shared a glass of the st. francis red they had, too, and followed it with a cup of coffee.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I made corned beef and cabbage, my wife's favorite. Had a Yellow Tail Shiraz. Mushrooms. Made a corn pudding for the first time. It was eggsalent!

Ani's bake shop custard pie for desert. Gotta take care of the wife on V Day.

Comment

Originally posted by Creative-1 View Post
        I made corned beef and cabbage, my wife's favorite. Had a Yellow Tail Shiraz. Mushrooms. Made a corn pudding for the first time. It was eggsalent!

Ani's bake shop custard pie for desert. Gotta take care of the wife on V Day.

Now that sounds delicious. It's traditional here to have the corned beef and cabbage on 17th march > St. Patrick's day > with a pint of the black falling down liquid (guiness)

Comment

Spaghetti with ground turkey (meat) and Cheeze pizza.
          Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Pizza, side of mushrooms, Diet Coke, followed by ice cream sundae from Gordon Biersch.

Comment

Quarter pounder with cheese, fries and a cup of Diet Coke from Ala Moana McDonalds.

Comment

I got a good deal on chicken breasts and on mushrooms, so I canned lots...fry chunk of chicken til just browned and then fry onions and mushrooms, pack into a jar with chicken bullion powder and top with water. Can at ten pounds pressure for an hour and a half.

Then:

Empty a can of this into a pot and add evaporated milk, veal powder, cooked carrots, celery and garlic. Simmer and thicken (I used a mashed paste of butter and flour). It was delicious mixed with hot spaghetti.
                http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Two scoops of Mint Chip, a scoop of Cherry Vallinia, scoop of Orange Custard and a can of Mountain Dew from Bubbies Ice Cream.

Comment

Prime rib, fried rice, mac salad, carrots and a cup of what seemed to taste like Coke from Lahaina Chicken Company.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                      Prime rib, fried rice, mac salad, carrots and a cup of what seemed to taste like Coke from Lahaina Chicken Company.
                      I did send a reply Helen to say that this sounds delicious and also included my recipe for Meat and potato pie. It took me a long time to write out but unfortunately it never got through.

Comment

Crock pot again:

Beef chuck roast
                        Au Jus sauce mix
                        chopped garlic
                        cajun seasonings
                        herbes de provence
                        salt/pepper
                        Zinfindel wine

About 5 hrs on high

served with brown rice & a nice gravy made from the leftover sauce.

(and I have leftovers for tomorrow)

It was VERY good
                        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

You always make my mouth water. Yummmmmmmmmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                            You always make my mouth water. Yummmmmmmmmmmm.
                            It's her cooking that makes my mouth water.

Comment

Roastzilla

Six kilos of pork shoulder poked with garlic (about two heads' worth), then rubbed with salt and pepper and liquid smoke, poured over with olive oil, and baked for at least eight hours at the lowest temperature I can convince my oven to go....110° centigrade, which is 230° farenheit.

This will last at least two or three days, so I'm also preparing braised red cabbage, boiled potatoes, splitpea porridge, and coleslaw...no cooking for a few days after this, just microwaving.

Comment

Disaster

Cooked the standard roast dinner for later. No probs.

Got the breadmaker out and followed the recipe for malt bread. The idea was to have this for afters with other sweet stuff I've got to spread on it.

Don't know what went wrong ? The malt bread came out like a bar of toffee.

I will just have to open a couple of cans of fruit and give them that with cream for after the dinner.

Comment

Working...
                                X