This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

Turkey based cold cut sandwiches and a can of Mountain Dew.

Comment

haha - I had the same kind of sandwichees. Except I had Bacardi & coke to go with. and it was Yum!
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Must've been a sandwich night!

After seeing a recent Subway commercial, I've been craving pastrami.

Their 6-inch Hot Pastrami sub goes for $6.00;
        The footlong is $8.50, minus $1.00 off with a coupon in MidWeek!

So of course, I gave in to temptation and had the Hot Pastrami footlong, and it ROCKED.
        Well worth the $7.50!
        To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

Dinner from KFC, grilled chicken, cole slaw, cookies and a cup of fruit punch.

Comment

Beer, cheeseburger, fries, other pupus and a cup of Diet Coke from Ruby Tuesday.

Comment

Grilled flap steak (beats rib eye and filet mignon, imnsho!), green salad, strawberries and a glass of wine!

Comment

hi,tonight my mom and i had fried rice with a tomato and lettuce salad and i had one pork hash and my mom and i shared a chinese dessert which is rice cake and it was all good.

not sure what's for tomorrow's dinner?

Well thank's for your time

Comment

pinakbet: tonight's version used kabocha pumpkin, eggplant, bittermelon, shishito peppers and hauula tomatoes with finely chopped ginger, onion and shallots plus about twelve dried ebi that added a nice bit of flavor as it reconstituted in the juices the veggies extruded as they cooked. we shared a very large pork chop that i simply salted & peppered before searing to crispy outside, steamy medium inside. all over brown rice. dessert was ripe mango that our neighbor dropped off yesterday (we're lucky our neighbors and eric's mom both have mango trees so we don't miss out during the summer). we shared a bottle of sam adams double bock from tamura's. we're content, esp after a day spent at the farm fair and grocery shopping.
                  superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

A steelhead trout fillet, small yam, green salad and half a sugar-free fudgesicle!

Comment

hi,tonight,we had a type of homemade hash with white potato included and bok choy and small amount of shoyu on rice and it was good.not sure what's for tomorrow's dinner? If i think of cooking,i'll post it here.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Roast beef and turkey cold cut sandwiches and a can of Mountain Dew.

Comment

One of my cousins is home for her annual visit; she's called Seattle her "second home" for over 30 years now. Dinner last night was at Side Street Inn, one of our "must go" places when she's in town.

After a toast with everyone's beverage of choice (mine was a nice, tall Newcastle Ale on tap), our party of eight chowed down on: Garlic Edamame; Tofu w/Ponzu sauce; Caesar Salad; the famous Pork Chops; Lilikoi Ribs; Pesto-crusted Ahi; Sizzling Boneless Kalbi, and Fried Rice (of course!).

Hardly anyone had room for dessert, but a few of us had coffee and managed to share an order of the fabulous House Bread Pudding... a satisfying finish to a splendid meal!
                          To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

Sausage and cheese sandwiches with can of Mountain Dew.

Comment

Chicken breast, marinated for about 2 hrs. in Kraft Greek Vinagrette Dressing w/Feta cheese & oregano in it. Added some dill & pepper to the marinade. It was very tasty, tender & juicy - cooked on my Cuisinart Grill. I would recommend this dressing as a marinade - it's also quite good on a salad.
                              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

last night's dinner, prepared by eric: zaru soba (eric's tsuyu is accented with wasabi, lemon chives, and green tea nori); broiled shishamo seasoned with kosher salt, ground pepper, and lime; and a simple red leaf lettuce salad dressed with olive oil & balsamic.

tonight's dinner, prepared by a bar/grill we will not name*: overly oily portuguese sausage and onion fried rice, overdone and underseasoned prime rib with fries that were not cooked in oil that was hot enough, and overpriced shrimp cocktail. the saving grace was the three bottles of newcastle we shared.

meal last night cost us less than a tenth tonight's meal, but it was a million times more enjoyable. sigh.

*won't name it bcs the cook tonight was not the usual person.
                                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
                                X