X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• helen
    replied
    Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

A couple of frozen pizzas for one, flat bread and a bottle of Diet Coke.

Leave a comment:

• Sharilyn
    replied

Tonight's dinner is spaghetti and vegetable salad. I was happy to find a lot of leftover spaghetti sauce in the freezer... forgot I had it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

hi,im sansei and last night,we had leftover homemade stew on rice and i had tofu with a lettuce salad and tonight,we'll have fried turkey with bell pepper's and possibly a lettuce salad or tofu and i know it'll be yum!

Well thank's for your time

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

A couple of frozen microwave pizzas and a bottle of Diet Coke.

Leave a comment:

• leashlaws
    replied

Originally posted by musubi View Post
    Spent most of yesterday prepping/cooking/cleaning up, so I'm just getting around to posting the "East-West" Father's Day repast we had for our extended family:

Sashimi
    Green Salad (romaine, cabbage, japanese cucumbers, Kamuela tomatoes, hard boiled egg wedges, julienned salami, papaya seed dressing)
    Assorted Tsukemono (also Fishcake tempura, Natto)
    Futomaki (maki sushi)
    Rice
    Butterfish "Chinese Style" (minced ginger, garlic, shoyu, hot peanut oil)
    Broiled Saba
    Baby Lima Beans
    Mashed Potatoes
    Porterhouse Steaks (cut to order, 1-1/2 inch thick)
    Pumpkin pie (Dad's fave)
    Red Velvet Cake (from Cake Works)
    Kona Coffee Brownies (Kapuakea Bakery)
    Assorted beverages (Heineken, Pyramid Hefeweizen, Sodas, Green Tea, Coffee)

It was a lot of work, especially since two of us were responsible for about 90% of the menu. But it was totally worth it... to see my Dad enjoying his kids, grandkids, and all the food!

Wow! That sounds delightful! Lucky your family! My 50th birthday cupcake
    tower came from what is now called Cake Works, before it was Cakes by Abi. It was amazing different flavored fillings in the cupcakes and atop a dense fudge cake covered in fondant to look like a giant present with a fondant ribbon it was gorgeous! My BFF Glossyp had that made as my
    present from her, she's an amazing friend!

Tonight for our dinner I scanned the bargain bin at Safeway and found some really good looking thin cut ribeye steaks and am going to pan sear them and have sandwiches on sourdough pepper bread from Mauna Kea bakery and assorted peppers that we roasted last night on the grill with Ewa sweet onions as well. Also local cauliflower which will be mashed and look like mashed potatoes, Nalo greens salad with tomatoes from Big Wave which is Jeanne Vana's farm. Yum Yum!

Leave a comment:

• musubi
    replied

Spent most of yesterday prepping/cooking/cleaning up, so I'm just getting around to posting the "East-West" Father's Day repast we had for our extended family:

Sashimi
    Green Salad (romaine, cabbage, japanese cucumbers, Kamuela tomatoes, hard boiled egg wedges, julienned salami, papaya seed dressing)
    Assorted Tsukemono (also Fishcake tempura, Natto)
    Futomaki (maki sushi)
    Rice
    Butterfish "Chinese Style" (minced ginger, garlic, shoyu, hot peanut oil)
    Broiled Saba
    Baby Lima Beans
    Mashed Potatoes
    Porterhouse Steaks (cut to order, 1-1/2 inch thick)
    Pumpkin pie (Dad's fave)
    Red Velvet Cake (from Cake Works)
    Kona Coffee Brownies (Kapuakea Bakery)
    Assorted beverages (Heineken, Pyramid Hefeweizen, Sodas, Green Tea, Coffee)

It was a lot of work, especially since two of us were responsible for about 90% of the menu. But it was totally worth it... to see my Dad enjoying his kids, grandkids, and all the food!

Leave a comment:

• Kaukura
    replied

Canton Shrimp at Ken Fong on Smith St chinatown..

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

A couple of microwave dinners and a can of Mountain Dew.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

hi,this is sansei and tonight,we myself and my mom had my homemade Beef vegetable stew on rice and it was yum! tomorrow we'll have leftover homemade beef and vegetable stew on rice and this week,since my mom and i take turn's cooking,this whole week is my week so i'll think of what type of dinner's to make so i thought to share this with everyone.

well thank's for your time

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

Grilled chicken that had marinated in olive oil, lemon juice, chopped garlic & herbes de provence. also, garlic mashed potatoes. and a wonderful cool Bacardi & Coke.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Beer, fries, and other food from Ruby Tuesday.

Leave a comment:

• musubi
    replied

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
    Carne Asada pizza sounds good! as I mentioned on another thread, had the CPK microwave pizzas for dinner - one was good, one was not so good.
    The Carne Asada pizza WAS good! It may be my new fave (my old fave was the Santa Fe Chicken).

I've never tried a CPK microwave pizza. Which one was good?
    Edit: I just checked the other thread, so I saw that it was the CPK BBQ Chicken. Will have to try it when I get a chance.
    Last edited by musubi; June 20, 2009, 02:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

Carne Asada pizza sounds good! as I mentioned on another thread, had the CPK microwave pizzas for dinner - one was good, one was not so good.

Leave a comment:

• musubi
    replied

Dinner w/ a friend at CPK - Ala Moana. Had to wait 40 minutes for a table, but the Friday night fireworks at HHV made the wait worthwhile. Shared a Thai Crunch Salad and a Carne Asada Pizza - yum!

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Pizza, pasta salad and a Mountain Dew from Srabbo.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X