X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    I dip a carrot stick in the peanut butter and wow what a great taste combination? Great snack that's healthy too!
    i am both happy and sad for you that you (finally) discovered this.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

last night: thai spicy veggie curry and beef tomato.
      "chaos reigns within.
      reflect, repent and reboot.
      order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Thai braised chicken thighs, with ginger, lemongrass, soy, fish sauce, cilantro, mint, sesame oil, and red curry paste...marinated overnight, seared off, and covered to let go low and slow. Served with wilted cabbage, peppers, cucumber and bean sprouts and mint scented sticky rice.
        flickr

An email from God:
        To: People of Earth
        Date: 9/04/2007
        Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
        God

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
          i am both happy and sad for you that you (finally) discovered this.
          I know, oh well sometimes it's better late than never. Although I've been eating apple/peanut butter/alfalfa sprout sandwiches since 1974.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Catfish Stew! Whole pot gone now...darn.

Comment

hi this is sansei and tonight we had with rice i had leftover homemade curry with what my mom cooked on our frying pan,portugese sausage and a fried egg with miso and my mom had her rice with fried portugese sausage with the other half of a fried egg with miso and we had lettuce salad with cucmber's and it was all delicious.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Prime-Rib/Roast Pork/Fried Chicken Wing
                Mashed Potato
                Gravy

Yeah...I'm on a Diet but tonight was an exception.

I was really really HUNGRY!

Auntie Lynn
                Attached Files
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I have been canning pink pacific salmon all week (cheap at two euros a kilo, frozen, no head), and tonight I opened a jar to try and mashed it with egg, breadcrmbs, parsley, and chopped onion and then fried it in patties. Made some coleslaw to go with it...cabbage shredded thinly and a leftover jar of sweetcorn, tossed with a vinaigrette and mayonnaise (salt and pepper, french mustard, a lump of sugar, three spoons of oil and one of red wine vinegar, shake with a big glop of mayonnaise)....and homemade fries.

If you want to try canning salmon, I can tell you that it works just fine, and it's delicious straight from the jar. I cut a whole salmon, skin and bones and all, into pieces big enough to fit into pint-sized jars, then added a bit of salt and wiped and set the lids...then canned them at ten pounds pressure for 100 minutes. Counting gas and jarlids and fish, this was about a third of the price of the canned salmon in stores.
                  http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                  http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

soba salad with a cilantro/rice vinegar dressing.
                    "chaos reigns within.
                    order shall return."

Comment

There is good Mexican Food in Hawaii now? Wow, tried a take out place in the North Shore a couple of years ago. Not so tasty, or authentic.
                      Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

I'd canned stewing beef with onion soup mix (fry the chunks, then put them into canning jars and add about half a packet of dry onion soup mix to each jar, top with water, seal, and can at ten pounds pressure for an hour and a quarter)...so I fried a big handful of mushrooms in a blob of butter, added, thyme, dehydrated celery, dehydrated ground sweet bell peppers, a bayleaf, paprika, garlic, a jar of carrots and a can of canned thick cream (Media Crema) to the original can of meat and sauce, simmered it for a bit, and served it over boiled noodles. Mmmm!

Comment

on sunday, i tried a twist on this recipe called "wild boar" from dinner impossible, but made in a smaller quantity using a bone-in boston butt.

i subbed two jalapenos for the habaneros & used tapatio hot sauce. i let the butt cook at 350 degrees for two hours in the convection oven, covered with foil. the pork came out juicy & tender but bcs of the fat cap, i removed the foil, drizzled more tapatio on it, and broiled it for about 20 minutes to get some crisp on.

yum! the first night, we ate it with brown rice and a green salad. we're still eating leftovers every night (there's only two of us and we started with about 5 lbs of meat!). in fact, it was tastier the day after. next time, i'll add even more hot sauce and at least twice as many jalapenos, and roast it without the foil for the most part. it's great in a sandwich!
                          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

sounds good, cyn. yep! i know how it is to have LEFTOVERS for days. tonight is chicken tofu/hekka of some sort.
                            "chaos reigns within.
                            order shall return."

Comment

..........so good, I posted it twice!
                              Last edited by SusieMisajon; May 1, 2008, 01:34 AM.

Comment

I found some chicken thighs/drumsticks on sale, so I bought a few kilos...I cut them into chunks and shook them in a bag with Mexican spice mix, then baked them for a short twenty minutes, stuck them into canning jars and whacked them in the pressure canner for an hour and a quarter at ten pounds pressure.

The canned ones will be eaten, hot or cold, in the months to come, the ones that had no room in the canner have been eaten for dinner after having been baked a bit longer. The ones we ate were baked along with some baby Mona Lisa potatoes that I'd canned last year (half an hour, ten pounds pressure), whole, skins and all...and they browned and glistened with the oil and spices from the chicken...YUM!

Along with the chicken and potatoes, there was sweet corn on the cob, found way down at the bottom of the freezer, where it's been since we picked it up from the trucks delivering to the Green Giant corn plant down the road....it goes straight into the freezer from the fields, husks and all, the microwaved like that or husked and tossed into boiling water to cook.

Comment

Working...
                                X