• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

Pastrami sandwich, fries and a beer.

Comment

Food supplies are pretty low since I haven't been to the grocery store for a couple weeks (just lazy in my old age). Tonite I cooked a hamburger patty, toasted an english muffin, buttered it, added some dijon mustard and ended up with a pretty good little sandwich! Will have to try that again sometime.
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
        Food supplies are pretty low since I haven't been to the grocery store for a couple weeks (just lazy in my old age). Tonite I cooked a hamburger patty, toasted an english muffin, buttered it, added some dijon mustard and ended up with a pretty good little sandwich! Will have to try that again sometime.

Age is only a couple of numbers and if you know about Dijon mustard then you will go on forever.

Comment

KFC's Grilled Chicken 2 piece meal (normally it's 1 thigh and 1 drumstick but I got 3 drumsticks instead since they ran out of the thighs), mashed potatoes, cole slaw and a cup of Mountain Dew.

Comment

Pork w/mustard cabbage, long rice, minced clams in a savory soup.

Roast Chicken.

Rice.

Kim Chee Cucumber and Ahi Poke.
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Spiced braised beef with sweet potatoes over rice pilaf. It was my first dinner test using my new, very cheap crockpot from Target! That followed my first breakfast test...an all nighter; steel cut oatmeal with pumpkin and, just before serving, topped with blueberries. Both tests were successes according to my fried taste buds! The freezer is now full of future meals. The less cooking the better, afaic!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                Spiced braised beef with sweet potatoes over rice pilaf. It was my first dinner test using my new, very cheap crockpot from Target! That followed my first breakfast test...an all nighter; steel cut oatmeal with pumpkin and, just before serving, topped with blueberries. Both tests were successes according to my fried taste buds! The freezer is now full of future meals. The less cooking the better, afaic!

Well done and it all sounds delicious. My slow cooker/crockpot I've had for years. It's got low/high and auto settings. Like you, I make a lot and put it into tupaware containers in the freezer.
                I dont trust myself to cook much these days. I take black outs but there is a lady who comes in to do the cleaning for me every week, so when she is here, I get myself into the kitchen.

Comment

TutuSue - would you mind PM'ing me with that recipe? it sure sounds good and I'd like to try it soon. Thanks!
                  "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Mixed plate of BBQ chicken and teri beef, with rice, mac salad and a kind of big cup of Mountain Dew from L&M Hawaii BBQ.

Comment

Pear Berry Salad (with greens, chicken and feta cheese with raspberry viniagrette) at Bubba Gumps. Loved this salad. I won't mention the mud pie shared by 5 people!

Comment

Pizza, pasta salad and a cup of Mountain Dew.

Comment

Various chicken entrees, noodles, egg roll and a cup of Mountain Dew from Panda Express at Ward Entertainment Complex.

Comment

Spaghetti with sauce - no meat. Also, a nice Sauvignon Blanc to go with it.
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Chicken strips combo meal with a cup of Mountain Dew from KFC Express.

Comment

Butternut squash with apple soup from Whole Foods. It was yum!

Comment

Working...
                                X