This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

Teriburger plate lunch from Zippy's at Ala Moana, with a cup of Diet Pepsi.

Comment

Ham/Swiss cheese Panini from Foodland, along with their deli cole slaw. and a Bacardi & coke

I have a panini press so they are quite nice sandwiches when cooked on it for about 3-4 minutes. I usually add a little butter & Dijon mustard, somestimes a dill pickle slice, on the inside and a little EVOO on the outside before grilling. The sandwiches are big enough to split and have the rest of it tomorrow nite.
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

You are a person - After my own heart. Once in a while, that is the kind of dinner I will have. Yet here in England/Europe,,,,, we tend cook at home. Have a family meal once a week in a restaurant.
        It's a long and leisurely episode, where gossip is exchanged, lots of hidden secrets come out.

Comment

Went to the Mexico Restaurant for take out dinner. Back in the '70s, it used to be a great Puerto Rican bar with very loud music 'til late at night - lived above Mitsuba on School Street then. Never went there, but enjoyed the music while falling asleep.

Had a couple of soft tacos. Lengua and tripitas. With a green salsa that I poured over the tacos, what a great taste sensation.

Rivals those I get on the mainland where get cheap taquerias all over.
          Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Burgers On The Edge: third-pound burger with fried egg, bleu cheese, mesclun greens, wine sauce, red onion & bacon. So, so good.

Had a South Shore Grill fish taco for dessert. Taco Tuesday today, so only two bucks for $3.00 tacos. I highly recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by Palama Kid View Post
              [...]
              Had a South Shore Grill fish taco for dessert. Taco Tuesday today, so only two bucks for $3.00 tacos. I highly recommend it.
              Ooooh...must try Taco Tuesday with this half off certificate!

Comment

BBQ chicken mini-plate lunch and a Diet Coke from Yummy's Korean BBQ.

Comment

Oscar Mayer Grilled Chicken Strips, browned in some butter, salt, pepper & Tapatio Sauce. Wrapped in warm flour tortillas. Muy Bueno! and of course, a Bacardi & Coke.
                  "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    Ooooh...must try Taco Tuesday with this half off certificate!

Ooooh...certificate bought. Mahalo ! Now, I can splurge and buy two tacos at one time.

Comment

Three piece chicken strip meal and a cup of Mountain Dew from a KFC Express.

Comment

eric and i shared chicken curry w/shrimp and a pate, steamed pork and ham on french bread sandwich at saigon's on waialae, a block downhill from goodwill. his sandwich was much better than my curry, which i found a tad too sweet. but they have the best pho in kaimuki--much tastier than what's served at the swankier hale vietnam on 12th.
                        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Polish sausages and a cup of Diet Coke from Costco Food Court.

Comment

Ultimate cheeseburger, sirlon mini burgers from Jack in the Box with a can of Mountain Dew Throwback from Sue's Mini Mart.

Comment

I splurged tonite - ordered from "Room Service in Paradise" for delivery from Romano's Macaroni Grill. I got Lobster Ravioli, topped with shrimps, chopped tomatoes in a lemon butter sauce. It was delicious!!! but, sadly I kind of broke the bank - it was very pricey.
                              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Prawn Curry For 2
                                Ingredients

Half a pound of Tiger prawns
                                Half a red bell pepper
                                2 Spring onions
                                2 table spoons of mild curry powder
                                2 cloves of garlic
                                1 mug of rice plus some dried vegetables
                                A pinch of pepper

Method

Fry the onions and the curry with the garlic. Add the pepper and fry for about 3 mins

Put the rice and dried veggies into a pan. I like to add a teaspoon of tumeric to give it colour. Add water but no salt, bring to the boil and simmer for about 25 mins.

Add a spoon of flour to the curry and either milk or water and then let it simmer very gently.

When the rice is cooked, add the prawns to the curry for the last minute or so.

Sieve the rice and pour boiling water over it (We don’t like sticky rice like our cousins in Hawaii)

Serve the curried prawns on a bed of rice.

Afters > Some iced melon and seedless grapes.

Comment

Working...
                                X