This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

Polish sausage, turkey wrap and a cup of Diet Coke from Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
      Polish sausage, turkey wrap and a cup of Diet Coke from Costco.
      Costco Iwilei? We might have been there around the same time!

Just goes to show that you never know when you might be in the vicinity of an HT'er.

I was going to get the Polish sausage dog but ended up getting a half-pound of garlic shrimp poke instead.
      Had it with rice... and some leftover mochiko chicken (from a couple of nights ago).
      Finished with a small salad - the organic mixed greens from Costco.
      To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

A stuffed portabello mushroom thingie. Delish. Went to a birthday party at the Waikiki Yacht Club. I'm currently burping carrot cake!

Comment

Chicken casear salad, polish sausage, poki and a cup of Diet Coke from Costco.

Comment

Dinner at Angelo Pietro.

Comment

Microwave Hamburger Helper and a Capari Sun juice packet.

Comment

BBQ Chicken mini plate lunch and a cup of Mountain Dew from L&L Hawaiian BBQ.

Comment

Plate lunch from Panda Express with a cup of Mountain Dew.

Comment

Grilled flap steak (once again!), half a baked yam, half an ear of corn, green salad and a glass of wine. A little fruit salad to follow...when/if I'm hungry again! I seriously doubt, in the future, that I will buy and cook any other cut of steak but flap. Lovin' it!

Comment

I want to come to YOUR house! I had left over spaghetti from last nite and NO wine, just diet coke. Boring..................
                      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        Grilled flap steak (once again!), half a baked yam, half an ear of corn, green salad and a glass of wine. A little fruit salad to follow...when/if I'm hungry again! I seriously doubt, in the future, that I will buy and cook any other cut of steak but flap. Lovin' it!
                        Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                        I want to come to YOUR house! I had left over spaghetti from last nite and NO wine, just diet coke. Boring..................
                        Seriously, tutusue-- I'm with anapuni808! I had to settle for one of those $6.00 steak plates from the Blazing Steaks kiosk at Ward Gateway. With no wine, no coke, just bottled water.

Comment

I highly recommend flap steak...marinate in some Italian dressing for about 15 min. then on to the George Foreman grill for 4 min. total (it grills both sides at the same time). Incredible flavor and quite tender, as long as it's not allowed to go beyond medium rare, or at least some pink in the middle. Pretty inexpensive, as steak goes, at Costco.

I'll have the same dinner tonight...the other half of everything I cooked last night!

Musubi...are those steak plates any good?

Comment

I highly recommend flap steak... on... the George Foreman grill
                            Don't tell TATTRAT's dad! He'll mess up your GF too!

Musubi...are those steak plates any good?
                            I think they use top sirloin; flavor's good, but it can be a little chewy sometimes. Also, they grill the steak medium-rare to medium... so if you like your steak rarer or more well-done than that, you're out of luck.

However, I think it's a pretty good value, considering what a plate lunch would cost at Zippy's. You get two scoops of rice, tossed salad, 8 oz. of steak, and a beverage (canned soda or passion-orange or bottled water). Exactly $6.00, tax included.

Comment

Originally posted by musubi View Post
                              Don't tell TATTRAT's dad! He'll mess up your GF too![...]
                              Dang...I thought I was safe posting about the GF in the dinner thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                                A pleasant dinner with a visiting friend whom I had not seen or had contact with in about thirty years. I had tortilla soup, she had chicken.
                                Originally posted by Barry View Post
                                Well done ! I love those kind of stories.
                                Just for Barry, then:

The visiting friend was someone with whom I worked when we were both high-school students, back in Iowa. We kept some small amount of contact after leaving that employment (last time I saw her was when I made her a cassette tape of a segment from "All Things Considered," where they read a humorous political letter of hers), and she also briefly dated one of my closest friends. But, as is often the case, we lost touch with each other.

The afore-mentioned "closest friend" also lives here in Seattle now, so we see each other regularly. Unbeknownst to me, he got back in touch with her a few years ago, when she (now a Minnesotan) was here for a conference. Recently, she was back for another conference, and he suggested to her that we all reconnect for dinner. He called me up, we found one rare open spot in all our schedules, and two days later - a nice dinner was had, where we did what we could to catch up on three decades of our lives. (Her memories of activities in our collective past were a lot clearer than mine, I confess.)

Comment

Working...
                                X