This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

eric had the ostrich burger and i had the kobe burger--both huge, with tomato, lettuce and onion, and with a hefty serving of steak fries, from kiawe grill. they're running a special where you get a jumbo drink, fries, and one of their premium burgers (normally at least $8.50 alone) for $11.99 altogether.

*burp*
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
      eric had the ostrich burger and i had the kobe burger--both huge, with tomato, lettuce and onion, and with a hefty serving of steak fries, from kiawe grill.

*burp*
      Mmmmmm - the "g" sin; you're talkin' my language.

Comment

Cheeseburger, fries and Diet Coke from Ruby Tuesday.

Comment

Ribeye steak plate dinner, fries, and a Diet Coke from the Steak and Fish Company at the Ala Moana Food Court.

Comment

Grilled steelhead trout, herbed brown rice, a green salad and iced decaf green tea...

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
              Mmmmmm - the "g" sin; you're talkin' my language.
              LOL!

tonight's dinner is typical backyard fiesta fare--

pancit, salt n pepper prawns, grilled fish (tilapia and sanma), grilled steak, pinapaitan (soup made of pork sweetbreads and offal with a bit of bile), dinardaraan (pork blood stew often featuring liver), cold green bean salad with ginger, onion and patis, and karekare (oxtail stew with greens and peanut sauce) plus a bunch of pinoy desserts.

my tongue and gut are in heaven, and my heart is full. love hanging with familia.

esp when they feed me for free. (ok, i brought good beer--sam adams summer ale)
              Last edited by cynsaligia; June 10, 2009, 08:46 PM.
              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

hi this is sansei and tonight,we're having my homemade Turkey hot dog Vegetable stew on rice and i know it'll be yum! last night,we had Leftover Rachael Ray's type of stoup which is thicker than stew and thinner than soup and we had it on rice and it was yum.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                  last night,we had Leftover Rachael Ray's type of stoup which is thicker than stew and thinner than soup and we had it on rice and it was yum.
                  “... thicker than stew AND thinner than soup”? That’s quite a trick, Sansei.

Tonight, for me, I’m planning to make eggplant and tofu with dried shrimp (and soaking liquid) with a little bit of oyster sauce, black bean with garlic sauce, shoyu, and a sprinkle of chili oil. Served over rice. And a glass (or two or three) of earthy chianti.

Comment

Dinner from KFC with a cup of fruit punch.

Comment

Friday here. So fish is traditional. Haddock, poached egg and crunchy bed. A glass of cold Country Manor goes down nicely.

Comment

Last night I made rissotto with some sauteed shrimp and calamari. Tonight is seasoned sticky rice and maybe chicken with thai coconut sauce.

Comment

Pizza, hot dog and a cup of Caffeine Free Diet Coke from Sam's Club.

Comment

after taking my 14-year old cousins to the all time low concert (i know--i'd never heard of them. realizing my cousins wanted me to take them to see a band that was relatively popular but i never knew existed brought my anxieties of aging to an all time low. barumpbump. groan), eric and i treated them to california beach rock n' sushi on ward. eric and i weren't particularly hungry bcs we hung out at the second floor bar in pipeline and nibbled on a quesadilla and wings, but the girls were ravenous. i'd never seen a firecracker roll, tarantula roll, crunchy roll, ika geso and chester chicken disappear so fast!

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                              after taking my 14-year old cousins to the all time low concert (i know--i'd never heard of them. realizing my cousins wanted me to take them to see a band that was relatively popular but i never knew existed brought my anxieties of aging to an all time low. barumpbump. groan), eric and i treated them to california beach rock n' sushi on ward. eric and i weren't particularly hungry bcs we hung out at the second floor bar in pipeline and nibbled on a quesadilla and wings, but the girls were ravenous. i'd never seen a firecracker roll, tarantula roll, crunchy roll, ika geso and chester chicken disappear so fast!
                              I didn't know that that place was ever open!
                              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

BBQ Chicken, mandoo, veggies and a cup of Dr. Pepper from Yummy's BBQ.

Comment

Working...
                                X