This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

Spaghetti with fresh Roma tomato sauce, parmesan cheese and lots of garlic. and a nice Zinfandel to go with. It was Gnarly Head "Old Vine" Zin and it's really good and not expensive.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

hi,this is sansei and last night,i had a sunnyside up egg on rice with the yolk on the rice and my mom had her miso soup on rice and we both enjoyed our dinner.tomorrow,we'll have viel cutlet with rice and it'll be yum!

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Nice one Sansei, you are making my mouth water! We don't seem to get veal in this country these days because of the conservationists, yet I loved it.

Comment

This was yesterday.

Because I do a lot of cooking for the family and friends, they take me out to the Toby Carvery once in a while. There are three choices of meat and you can have all three. I go for the beef and yorkshire pudding (Please don't ask me how to make yorkshire pudding. I buy Mrs betons and pop it in the oven > > > Mr. Tatt is yer man, if you want recipes such as that.)

You can go back time and time again for the veggies but you are so full to the brim that nobody is greedy.

Comment

Tonight will be pan fried steak with potatoes and artichokes.

Comment

Shrimp with broth, rice, bread, cole slaw, and Mountain Dew from Bubba Gump's at Ala Moana Shopping Center.

Comment

Some nice D'Affinois Brie from Foodland, along with crusty french bread. and a nice Pinot Noir from Fat Cat Vineyards in California. Very good dinner. I had wanted a goat cheese but they didn't have any good ones so settled for the other.
                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                  Some nice D'Affinois Brie from Foodland, along with crusty french bread. and a nice Pinot Noir from Fat Cat Vineyards in California. Very good dinner. I had wanted a goat cheese but they didn't have any good ones so settled for the other.

You got it right. I love the Brie with baguette and chateau neuf du pap. The Brie, I leave out in a warm room for a few hours. Am I giving away where I came from ?

Comment

D'Affinois is a triple-creme so it doesn't get as runny. Even after several hours sitting out, it just gets nice & soft so it spreads easily. and it's taste is much smoother than other Bries.
                    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Messy make-it-yourself pizza in a box. Mmmm.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Matapule is a bachelor for a couple of weeks so he went to the local resort which had a complimentary fiesta tonight. Besides the mariachi band, it was BBQ short ribes, chicken wings, chips, salsa, guacamole, and endless margaritas, champagne, wine, soft drinks. I left the staff a nice tip.

Life is good!
                        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Reuben sandwich, curly fries and a cup of Mountain Dew from Arby's at Ala Moana Shopping Center.

Comment

Celebrated a birthday w/ dinner @ Little Village.

We had the salt & pepper pork chops, honey walnut shrimp, beef broccoli, snow peas & mushroom stir fry, roast duck, and minute chicken w/ cake noodle. And many bowls of rice.
                            To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

musubi, may i suggest you try the salted fish and chicken fried rice as well as the basa next time you go to little village? the combination is heavenly!

dinner for eric and me was fried chicken, fried rice, and shoyu hot dog at kaimuki grill, new neighborhood spot that is side street inn-like. it's our first visit and neither eric or i were disappointed. with three coors lights, the tab was $28. i'm hoping they'll expand their hours bcs we need a good bar that serves good food in the 'hood.
                              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

A square of 70% chocolate!

Comment

Working...
                                X