This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

We are going to a picnic as soon as this rain goes off and I am going to bring:-

Caesar Pasta Salad

To taste:

Cooked 3 colour pasta
    Parmesan cheese
    Caesar dressing
    Bacon bits
    Red onion
    Broccoli
    Yellow peper
    Sliced black olives

No wine 'cause we are taking all the kids in a minibus and having turns to drive.

Comment

grilled rib eye steak, garlic mashed potatoes and tried nother Pinot Noir. PKNT label - $6.99 from Chile. Not bad taste wise - I would buy it again.
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        A square of 70% chocolate!
        how big was the square???!!

tutusue, have you ever tried 100% chocolate? they sell it at whole foods. eric and i took one bite and spit it out. a friend of mine loves it, tho. *shrug*
        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Jambolaya

Asking for some help here. As a child in France, one of our neigbours was Creole from Louisiana and spoke the most unusual French I ever heared.

He would bring a pan of Jambolaya over once in a while and it was Brill. I have tried on numerous occasions to make it but mine always turns out to be like Paella.

Trying not stray off topic but any help would be gratefully received.

Comment

Mushroom chicken, fried rice, mac & cheese, corn and a Diet Coke from Lahaina Chicken Company at the Ala Moana Food Court.

Comment

• Re: Little Village

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
              musubi, may i suggest you try the salted fish and chicken fried rice as well as the basa next time you go to little village? the combination is heavenly!
              cynsaligia, your suggestions are always welcome!
              Especially because your gastronomic recaps often have me salivating in admiration.

The other night at Little Village, there were a few constraints on what we could order, because the birthday celebrant doesn't like seafood of any sort. (And he's a local guy, born & raised... go figure!)
              So in deference to BD boy, we stayed mostly on the non-seafood side of the menu that night.
              We did, however, order the Honey Walnut Shrimp, which the rest of us enjoyed immensely.

I have had the basa before, and I agree with you - it's awesome!
              And I'll definitely check out the salted fish and the chicken fried rice on future visits. Thanks for the tip!
              To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

Dinner last night was pork laulau (made by my Hilo cousin, it's been in the freezer since my last trip there). Lomilomi salmon, limu ahi poke and haupia from Yama's Fish Market. Hanalei Poi from Costco. Onolicious!

Comment

BBQ Chicken plate lunch from the L&L Hawaiian BBQ at Wal-Mart.

Comment

hi,last night,we had flank steak fried on our frying pan with rice and a lettuce and cucumber and purple onion salad and it was good!

also i had my Diet Soda and my mom had her wine.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Last night I sprinkled chicken thighs with pepper, garlic powder, chili powder and liquid smoke.... cooked them on my indoor grill. Served with BBQ sauce and potatoes, some corn, pork and beans.

Comment

Pizza, pasta salad and a Mountain Dew from Srabbo.

Comment

Dinner w/ a friend at CPK - Ala Moana. Had to wait 40 minutes for a table, but the Friday night fireworks at HHV made the wait worthwhile. Shared a Thai Crunch Salad and a Carne Asada Pizza - yum!

Comment

Carne Asada pizza sounds good! as I mentioned on another thread, had the CPK microwave pizzas for dinner - one was good, one was not so good.
                            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                              Carne Asada pizza sounds good! as I mentioned on another thread, had the CPK microwave pizzas for dinner - one was good, one was not so good.
                              The Carne Asada pizza WAS good! It may be my new fave (my old fave was the Santa Fe Chicken).

I've never tried a CPK microwave pizza. Which one was good?
                              Edit: I just checked the other thread, so I saw that it was the CPK BBQ Chicken. Will have to try it when I get a chance.
                              Last edited by musubi; June 20, 2009, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Beer, fries, and other food from Ruby Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
                                X