This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

Grilled chicken that had marinated in olive oil, lemon juice, chopped garlic & herbes de provence. also, garlic mashed potatoes. and a wonderful cool Bacardi & Coke.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

hi,this is sansei and tonight,we myself and my mom had my homemade Beef vegetable stew on rice and it was yum! tomorrow we'll have leftover homemade beef and vegetable stew on rice and this week,since my mom and i take turn's cooking,this whole week is my week so i'll think of what type of dinner's to make so i thought to share this with everyone.

well thank's for your time

Comment

A couple of microwave dinners and a can of Mountain Dew.

Comment

Canton Shrimp at Ken Fong on Smith St chinatown..
          n'importe

Comment

Spent most of yesterday prepping/cooking/cleaning up, so I'm just getting around to posting the "East-West" Father's Day repast we had for our extended family:

Sashimi
            Green Salad (romaine, cabbage, japanese cucumbers, Kamuela tomatoes, hard boiled egg wedges, julienned salami, papaya seed dressing)
            Assorted Tsukemono (also Fishcake tempura, Natto)
            Futomaki (maki sushi)
            Rice
            Butterfish "Chinese Style" (minced ginger, garlic, shoyu, hot peanut oil)
            Broiled Saba
            Baby Lima Beans
            Mashed Potatoes
            Porterhouse Steaks (cut to order, 1-1/2 inch thick)
            Pumpkin pie (Dad's fave)
            Red Velvet Cake (from Cake Works)
            Kona Coffee Brownies (Kapuakea Bakery)
            Assorted beverages (Heineken, Pyramid Hefeweizen, Sodas, Green Tea, Coffee)

It was a lot of work, especially since two of us were responsible for about 90% of the menu. But it was totally worth it... to see my Dad enjoying his kids, grandkids, and all the food!
            To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

Originally posted by musubi View Post
              Spent most of yesterday prepping/cooking/cleaning up, so I'm just getting around to posting the "East-West" Father's Day repast we had for our extended family:

Sashimi
              Green Salad (romaine, cabbage, japanese cucumbers, Kamuela tomatoes, hard boiled egg wedges, julienned salami, papaya seed dressing)
              Assorted Tsukemono (also Fishcake tempura, Natto)
              Futomaki (maki sushi)
              Rice
              Butterfish "Chinese Style" (minced ginger, garlic, shoyu, hot peanut oil)
              Broiled Saba
              Baby Lima Beans
              Mashed Potatoes
              Porterhouse Steaks (cut to order, 1-1/2 inch thick)
              Pumpkin pie (Dad's fave)
              Red Velvet Cake (from Cake Works)
              Kona Coffee Brownies (Kapuakea Bakery)
              Assorted beverages (Heineken, Pyramid Hefeweizen, Sodas, Green Tea, Coffee)

It was a lot of work, especially since two of us were responsible for about 90% of the menu. But it was totally worth it... to see my Dad enjoying his kids, grandkids, and all the food!

Wow! That sounds delightful! Lucky your family! My 50th birthday cupcake
              tower came from what is now called Cake Works, before it was Cakes by Abi. It was amazing different flavored fillings in the cupcakes and atop a dense fudge cake covered in fondant to look like a giant present with a fondant ribbon it was gorgeous! My BFF Glossyp had that made as my
              present from her, she's an amazing friend!

Tonight for our dinner I scanned the bargain bin at Safeway and found some really good looking thin cut ribeye steaks and am going to pan sear them and have sandwiches on sourdough pepper bread from Mauna Kea bakery and assorted peppers that we roasted last night on the grill with Ewa sweet onions as well. Also local cauliflower which will be mashed and look like mashed potatoes, Nalo greens salad with tomatoes from Big Wave which is Jeanne Vana's farm. Yum Yum!

Comment

A couple of frozen microwave pizzas and a bottle of Diet Coke.

Comment

hi,im sansei and last night,we had leftover homemade stew on rice and i had tofu with a lettuce salad and tonight,we'll have fried turkey with bell pepper's and possibly a lettuce salad or tofu and i know it'll be yum!

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Tonight's dinner is spaghetti and vegetable salad. I was happy to find a lot of leftover spaghetti sauce in the freezer... forgot I had it.

Comment

A couple of frozen pizzas for one, flat bread and a bottle of Diet Coke.

Comment

Microwave pizza and bagel bites with a bottle of Orange Gatorade.

Comment

hi,today im cooking since im on a restricted no salt diet since my dr say's to keep my bp under control and im doing what he shared so i bascially cook for my health and try to keep my mom's health good also.not sure what im cooking only i'll know later this morning.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Microwave pizza, bagel bites and a bottle of Diet Coke. I feel like making a cup of Mac & Cheese.

Comment

Oxtail soup at Zippy's Nimitz. 20% off coupon came in handy!
                              To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

Microwaved pizza and a can of Diet Coke.

Comment

Working...
                                X