This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

Weak chicken soup and white bread. Starvation diet until our meet up in Ireland on Monday. They don't believe in sending Yanks or Brits back home until they have put 14 pounds on each of us.

Comment

hi last night,we myself and my mom had my homemade vegetable stew on rice and tonight,i'll have my leftover stew on rice and my mom will have her portugese sausage with rice and we'll enjoy our dinner.not sure what's for tomorrow's dinner?

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Cold cut sandwiches and a can of Mountain Dew.

Comment

totino's pizza. and i made a pasta salad. fresh fruit for dessert.

Comment

Dinner at Lulu's in Waikiki, went to listen to live music by Manoa DNA.
            Started with the Kalua Pork Spring Rolls, and the Ribeye Fajitas really rocked!
            Apple Bread Pudding a la mode was the sweet finale.
            *whew* Stuffed!
            To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

we walked from our home to have dinner somewhere in the neighborhood. won't tell you where bcs they're already having a bit of stress from the bit of media exposure they've gotten lately causing more people than they can handle coming in and being disappointed at their inability to accommodate them. i'll just say that cold, cheap beer + the best restaurant fried chicken east of KJ's + fried udon = bliss. the walk back kinda ameliorated our guilt for eating food that can exacerbate gout (not that we have gout, but we have friends who do, and our fear is to experience their misery).
              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Shrimp cup of noodles, cold cut sandwiches and a can of Mountain Dew.

Comment

I am very proud of myself. I haven't been much of a cooking type, but I cooked every weekday night this week! Hamburgers on Monday, steaks on Tuesday, Mesquite maranade chicken on Wednesday, Jambalya on Thursday, and turkey bake on Friday (I found the receipe on the back of a stuffing box). So yay me...maybe I can do this housewife thing after all.

This may not sound like a big accomplishment to most of you, b/c you all always have yummy sounding dinners all the time, but for me, this is big.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                    I am very proud of myself. I haven't been much of a cooking type, but I cooked every weekday night this week! Hamburgers on Monday, steaks on Tuesday, Mesquite maranade chicken on Wednesday, Jambalya on Thursday, and turkey bake on Friday (I found the receipe on the back of a stuffing box). So yay me...maybe I can do this housewife thing after all.

This may not sound like a big accomplishment to most of you, b/c you all always have yummy sounding dinners all the time, but for me, this is big.

I am proud of you Members here know I love to cook for my friends and family. Yet during the past few days I haven't done much cooking. I will be flying to Ireland at the unearthly hour of 6.30 a.m. Monday morning to meet some lovely Hawiian members. They Irish serve up huge portions.

So today I am having a can of tomato soup with some Ritz crackers and Craft cheese slices. (Plus a large glass of brandy to give me the courage to get on that plane,,,,,, I am the world's worst traveller.)

Comment

tonight will be tofu-tuna patties, spam musubi, some kind of fried chicken, veggie salad. i have leftover sauce from bale, so i'll use that as dressing for the salad.

Comment

hi,tonight,i had two sunnyside up egg's on rice with the yolk on it and my mom had her miso egg and it was yum.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Turkey based cold cut sandwiches and a bottle of water.

Comment

Foodland's Curried Chicken Salad with cashews & raisins, some fresh sourdough bread and a Bacardi & Coke. Life was good tonite!
                            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Dinner on the run tonite.

Decided on the ol' reliable "Blazing Steaks" kiosk at Ward Gateway for one of their $6.00 steak plates.

A beverage (canned soda/juice or bottled water) used to be included in the price, but no longer.
                              Sign of the economic times, I guess.

For what you get, it's still a pretty decent deal.
                              To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                                I will be flying to Ireland at the unearthly hour of 6.30 a.m. Monday morning to meet some lovely Hawiian members. They Irish serve up huge portions.

So today I am having a can of tomato soup with some Ritz crackers and Craft cheese slices. (Plus a large glass of brandy to give me the courage to get on that plane,,,,,, I am the world's worst traveller.)
                                Ohh- I'm jealous! Have fun in Ireland! I was there exactly 8 years ago this month. Love their big Irish breakfasts! Mmm. Maybe your dr. could give you something to help with the flying anxiety?

Sorry- back on topic. Soft tacos with refried beans and brownies for dessert.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Working...
                                X