This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Lunch - Chapter 12

Pizza slice, turkey wrap and a cup of Diet Coke from Costco.

Comment

Antonio and I went to Beau's hale and ate Homemade Won Ton (pork hash, shitake mushrooms, bourbon, and odda ingredients), Char Siu, Choi Sum, in a simmering hot broth he boiled foa long time.

Broke da mouth ~ ONOLICIOUS!

Sorry, I forgot to take picha.

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

i don't know what's for lunch yet! still waiting on that stupid hospice nurse to come and bathe mom. it's almost 1245 and she was supposed to come at 12noon. mom hasn't eaten yet either.
        "chaos reigns within.
        reflect, repent and reboot.
        order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Swedish meatballs, rice, mac salad and a bottle of Diet Coke with Lime.

Comment

2 eggs over easy, a cup of fresh fruit salad and ice tea. Was supposed to be
            breakfast but the phone never stopped!

Comment

Loco Moco from KJ's Local Grindz.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Lunch buffet for $10.95 today at Pyramids along Kapahulu Ave.

Yesterday's crab cake burger at Hau Tree Lanai, Waikiki. Good food, nice view.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Let me suggest a Sheridan Street establishment called Little Seoul Jucci Lucci (946-3800) for amazing fish dishes. Lucci has two chefs working there, brothers, and they do a bang-up job. I think she wanted to expand her business with a lunch service. The photo I include below is the fresh ono plate that comes with the standard sauted garlic and onion gravy, rice, fresh salad, lemon zest slaw and kimchee (sometimes mac salad). All plates are $6.95; fish burgers are $4.95, and they have specials ($7.95) such as da double olive pastele plate, choke garlic shrimp scampi, supa low calories raw potato salad, no wata pickled onion, supa hot hawaiian chili pepa water; wow lau lau plate (5.95).

yeah, those are my kids and that's my paper!
                  Attached Files
                  Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

okazu for gullick deli on king street: kombu maki (veggies were a little undercooked), inari sushi, chow fun and eggplant (some pieces were very undercooked). flavors were good minus the texture of the undercooked veggies. they offer quite the variety of okazu fare.
                    "chaos reigns within.
                    order shall return."

Comment

Hot dogs from Hank's Haute Dog and a cup of Mountain Dew.

Comment

last nights beef curry leftovers. Man I'm beginning to hate leftovers. I've been stuffing as much as I can into single serve tupperware containers then freezing them for future home lunches.
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Cheeseburgers and a bottle of Diet Coke with Lime.

Comment

grilled or broiled salmon from yohei. the set came with soba, miso soup and pickled veggies. also nigiri.
                            "chaos reigns within.
                            order shall return."

Comment

we took eric's mom out for lunch at formaggio grill in kailua for mother's day.

we shared the caprese salad (fresh mozarella, vine-ripened red & yellow tomato, basil pesto, 18 year old balsamic vinagrette), soft shell crab (pecan crusted with creole butter sauce), boneless shortribs braised with morels and cab sav, hamburger steak on fried rice (description not on the menu, but basically, it was a 3/4 inch thick patty, cooked med rare per our order, over fried rice with a gorgeous gravy). we drank mimosas and then moved on to a st. francis cab sav (will confirm w/eric later). dessert was a cheesecake with blueberry sauce and two french presses of illy coffee.

eric and i have been to the market city formaggio and find it a better value overall than brasserie du vin; this was the first time at the kailua location for the three of us. the caprese salad is the best i've had in the state, heightened above the rest by the balsamic vinagrette that is syrupy and deeply faceted in its sweetness. the crab was perfectly crusty yet steamily tender on the inside. the shortribs...oh my! you needed only a fork to cut through, and the morels & cab sav bring a homey comfort food to luxury. by the time the hamburger steak was placed before us, i was in such a state of alcoholic and gastronomic bliss that i must apologize since my brain cannot now describe the flavors beyond simple words like: beefy. yummy. ooh! gravy! and rice way better than zippy's quality. the cheesecake was not overly heavy, and the coffee was better than what you can get at starbucks across the street.

our server was also wonderful--informative, friendly, unobtrusively attentive. water & coffee were refilled at exactly the right times. considering the service, ambiance, the quality & portions of what we ordered and the fact we we had two full glasses and two tasters of the wine and two mimosas, we think the approx $175 we paid was reasonable. plus, mom is worth it!

if you haven't had the chance to go, i'd highly recommend formaggio grill, as well as its sister wine bar in market city. mom certainly loved it, and it was an option that much better suited us than going to waikiki for a buffet since it's relatively equidistant from where we live and where she lives.
                              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                                [...]i was in such a state of alcoholic and gastronomic bliss that i must apologize since my brain cannot now describe the flavors beyond simple words like:[...]
                                Oh, gimme a break!!! As I was reading about your gastronomic debauchery all I could think of was that cynsaligia really should be either a restaurant reviewer or a menu copywriter or...both!

Bravo! Well done!

Comment

Working...
                                X