This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Lunch - Chapter 12

Manapua, spring rolls and a cup of Mountain Dew from U Choice In.

Comment

Last night's stew. Damn I was so annoyed last night. I had just gotten the thickness of my stew to the perfect consistancy for "Hawaiian Style" stew or a bit on the watery side so it goes deep in that double scoop of rice.

So my wife comes home and while the stew is finalizing it's thickness (with cornstarch) and I'm relaxing in the living room drinking a Bud, my wife adds a quarter cup of flour to the stew!!!!

I come back to the kitchen and see the flour out on the counter and my heart drops. She says it was too watery. I told her I had just added a thickening agent before relaxing...AND SHE ADDED MORE in the form of pasty flour.

So the stew is a pasty thick substance with the consistancy of thin set mortar compound. I imagine for lunch today I'll have to use a knife to cut up the chunks of stew after an overnight refrigeration.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

heheheh

I really no like laugh Craig....but da way you wen explain da whole shabang.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Too funny.

My opu sore.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn

Try wait...my lunch was Tuna Sandwich on Brown Bread.
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
          heheheh

I really no like laugh Craig....but da way you wen explain da whole shabang.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Too funny.

My opu sore.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn

Try wait...my lunch was Tuna Sandwich on Brown Bread.
          laugh eh aunty! Eh no bodda...after looking at today's lunch in the fridge, I think that tuna sandwich on BB is looking better and better.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

too many cooks in da kitchen! when i'm cooking, I'M COOKING!!

anyway, today's lunch is last night's leftovers: tabouleh salad and edamame guacamole with pita bread.
            "chaos reigns within.
            reflect, repent and reboot.
            order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Went to Angelo Pietro's for lunch today.

Comment

i took a hint from sandra lee and went semi-homemade:

i sauteed some chopped hot capicolla (procured at the monster safeway) in a pot before dumping in classico's four cheese alfredo sauce. once that was heated through, i added some thai basil and american parsley, which i chiffonade-d. i poured that over some whole wheat macaroni, added some fresh ground pepper...and voila--mac & cheese, earned through a little more effort than using the stuff in the blue box, but scads tastier.
                Last edited by cynsaligia; April 19, 2008, 02:01 PM.
                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

guess everyone's doing italian. cyn, yours sounds yummy. i had leftover spaghetti.
                  "chaos reigns within.
                  reflect, repent and reboot.
                  order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Pizza slices, a manapua, kal-bi, char sui chicken, shrimp, some pasta salad, little rice, Zippy's chili, sausage, a couple of cans of Diet Coke and a bottle of water at the Hawaii Geek Meet at Magic Island.

Comment

hi this is sansei and today for my lunch,i had leftover from the box kraft's mac and cheese with a diet coke and it was all yum!

Well thank's for your time

Comment

I made a Spanish-style omlette.

I fried cubed potatoes in some of the oil from a canned chorizo (I can them in peanut oil...it makes the oil a beautiful red colour, with a delicious taste of chorzo to it), with an added sliced onion and garlic. I then mixed home-dehydrated powdered green peppers with milk and a dozen eggs and poured it over the cooked potatoes, put a lid on the pan and cooked it til just done, then turned the omlette out onto the pan's lid and slipped it back into the pan to finish off the bottom part.

I would have put chorizo into the omlette, but I used it all up in a paella the other day....but there still is plenty of oil to flavour things with.

We had fresh home-made wholegrain bread and butter, milk to drink, and leftover chocolate easter eggs for after.

(canned chorizo: put a chorizo into a canning jar and top it with olive or peanut oil or melted lard. Put on the lid and give it a boiling water bath for three hours or in a pressure canner for an hour and a half at ten pounds pressure.)

(dehydrated peppers: Dice seeded peppers and spread them out to dry in a dehydrator or in a slow oven with the door ajar. Dry til crisp. Store airtight in pieces, or whir in an electric coffee grinder til powdered. Todd or sprinkle into recipes as is, or rehydrate for a time in cold water.)
                        http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                        http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Bread ingredients:

One cup of bran, one of oatmeal, one of cooked wheatberries (I use cooked and then dehydrated, then soaked wheatberries). A cup and a half of hot water, half a cup of melted butter, two eggs (or two tablespoons of dried egg powder), four heaping tablespoons of powdered milk, a handful of sugarcubes, a teaspoon of salt. A pound of wholegrain flour, a pound of white flour, two packets of instant yeast.

Dump everything into the bread machine and come back in a few hours.
                          http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                          http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                            Pizza slices, a manapua, kal-bi, char sui chicken, shrimp, some pasta salad, little rice, Zippy's chili, sausage, a couple of cans of Diet Coke and a bottle of water at the Hawaii Geek Meet at Magic Island.
                            Ditto...plus a brownie bite. <burp>

Comment

For lunch today, the hubby & I went to Sugoi's. I had 1/2 of a Garlic Chicken plate and he had a hamburger steak plate. And a Coke!
                              I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Meat loaf, brown rice, peas, corn and a bottle of Coca-Cola Zero.

Comment

Working...
                                X