This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Lunch - Chapter 12

Hot dogs and a cup of Mountain Dew from Hank's Haute Dog.

Comment

We'll be having rabbit in a cream sauce with walnuts...it's simmering as I speak....

I cut a rabbit into chunks and fried it lightly in a bit of oil, then stuck it in a heavy pot with a cover. I sliced three onions into the remaining fat in the pan and stirred them around til they were browned and stuck them into the pot on top of the rabbit, then swirled a cup of water and scraped the bits off the pan and that went into the pot, too, along with a pinch each of thyme, allspice, garlic powder, and celery salt, a bayleaf, and a heaping spoonful of veal stock powder.

The kids are at this moment cracking walnuts, and in a half hour or so, I'll chop them up finely and add them to the rabbit along with a small can of Nestlés thick cream and serve the dish on a bed of fat noodles.
      http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
      http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        Oh, gimme a break!!! As I was reading about your gastronomic debauchery all I could think of was that cynsaligia really should be either a restaurant reviewer or a menu copywriter or...both!

Bravo! Well done!
        *blush* thx, tutusue!

i just figure i can reward restaurants that do well by doing my best to convince others to go there, too.
        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Wow is right Cyn, you should write reviews, with your analytical mind that would be a perfect combination. Two thumbs up
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Cheeseburgers and a bottle of Mountain Dew.

Comment

curried chicken salad on a spinach roll, banana and water.
              "chaos reigns within.
              reflect, repent and reboot.
              order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Munched down half of a Quizno's sub sandwich - The Traditional and some Vitamin water.

Comment

A honey-mustard, grilled chicken snack wrap from McDs and half a large banana...

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    A honey-mustard, grilled chicken snack wrap from McDs and half a large banana.
                    Which half?
                    And I didn't know McD's sold bananas! ( , Part 2)
                    I had a bacon ultimate cheeseburger and an iced tea with lemon, from Jack In The Box.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                      Which half?
                      The half that's now missing!
                      And I didn't know McD's sold bananas! ( , Part 2)
                      Pineapple...they sell fresh pineapple. Wait. Maybe that's what I had. But how'd it get inside a banana peel?
                      I had a bacon ultimate cheeseburger and an iced tea with lemon, from Jack In The Box.
                      Are you sure that was lemon?!

Comment

Baked chicken, brown rice, mac salad and a bottle of Diet Coke.

Comment

Still full from breakfast but when I get hungry I'll make a salad with mixed greens, a medley of veggies, a coupla ounces of canned salmon and a bit of blue cheese.

That sounds pretty good right now...don't think I'll wait 'til I'm hungry!

Comment

misoyaki butterfish, rice, pickles, miso soup, salad, california roll, chicken teriyaki, various tempura and gobo. shared between 3 of us from gyotaku.
                            "chaos reigns within.
                            reflect, repent and reboot.
                            order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Quarter pounder with cheese, Southern Style Chicken sandwich and a cup of Diet Coke from the McDonalds Express at Dole Canery.

Comment

Cheeseburger, salad with bleu cheese, and an iced tea with lemon at The Shack.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X