You respect Grimace, I respect The Hamburglar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You respect Grimace, I respect The Hamburglar

I'm hoping for tomorrow's Super Bowl, there'll be a commercial featuring Jack (in the box) vs. Ronald (McDonald) in a boxing or ultimate fighting match commercial.

I'll put down $1000, Jack knocks out Ron in round 1.

Then after that, Jack takes on the BK (psycho-mask) "King".
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Once found $8 under the seat on the bus while riding with parents to the store. It was Father's Day around 1977. Took the whole family to A&W Root Beer for dinner. 2 adults, 3 kids, with milkshakes and everything. Less than $8.

Remember when a cheeseburger was .39 cents?
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
        See? You don't even know Big Mac
        I don't remember much about that character either.

Upon reading about it in that link, it says...

Big Mac: In addition to McDonald's signature sandwich, Big Mac was the name of a character in McDonaldland. He was similar to Mayor McCheese in that he had a large Big Mac for a head, except he was the chief of police and as such he wore a constable uniform. As the main source of law and order in McDonaldland, he spent most of his time chasing the Hamburglar and Captain Crook. He was featured in several of the campaign's commercials throughout the late '70s and early '80s. The character was dropped during the streamlining of the characters in the '80s.
        Streamlining characters is counterproductive from a marketing aspect.

If you look at the current crop of TV shows such as Power Rangers or Kamen Rider (Masked Rider), they purposely add more characters, vehicles and weapons, etc., because why?

IT SELLS MORE TOYS.

"Collect them all!".

sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          Well, they say you are what you eat.
          What I want to eat is Wendy's. * nudge, nudge*
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
            I'm hoping for tomorrow's Super Bowl, there'll be a commercial featuring Jack (in the box) vs. Ronald (McDonald) in a boxing or ultimate fighting match commercial.

I'll put down $1000, Jack knocks out Ron in round 1.

Then after that, Jack takes on the BK (psycho-mask) "King".
            Only if Jack knows how to make full use of his pointy hat, and hope Ronald didn't take up Tae Kwon Do. Damn, those are big-a** feet!
            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

It wouldn't be surprising if some video game developer comes out with a title called 'BURGER WARS', or something more creative to that effect.

Make it a sandbox'r like GTA, where the objective is to go through any given city and eat as much burgers and fries as you can without getting a heart attack.

Through points and unlocks, you can enter tournaments such as boxing, wrestling, ultimate fighting, or even paintball, playing popular mascots such as Jack (in the Box), Ronald (McDonald), Hamburglar, Grimace, Big Mac, The Burger King, Wendy or "The Defibrillator".

If you lose, you're forced to go on the Shintani, South Beach or Jenny Craig Diet. Or even more drastic, Gastric Bypass Surgery.

Somethin' like that.

Talk about a corporate advertising goldmine!

Last edited by Pomai; February 2, 2008, 04:53 PM. Reason: Zap
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                It wouldn't be surprising if some video game developer comes out with a title called 'BURGER WARS', or something more creative to that effect.

Make it a sandbox'r like GTA, where the objective is to go through any given city and eat as much burgers and fries as you can without getting a heart attack.

Through points and unlocks, you can enter tournaments such as boxing, wrestling, ultimate fighting, or even paintball, playing popular mascots such as Jack (in the Box), Ronald (McDonald), Hamburglar, Grimace, Big Mac, The Burger King, Wendy or "The Defibrillator".

If you lose, you're forced to go on the Shintani, South Beach or Jenny Craig Diet. Or even more drastic, Gastric Bypass Surgery.

Somethin' like that.

Talk about a corporate advertising goldmine!

I copped this for the NES from Landmark Toys way back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.C._Kids
                Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

If you had ever met Grimace, you would know he is way cooler. The debate is over, Grimace rules.

Grimace should be worried however, he may get banned from McDonalds in the state of Mississippi because Grimace happens to be Obese. Three representatives in the Mississippi legislature have introduced a new ground braking "gold standard" bill called HB282. It says that if you are obese, you will be refused service at all restaurants for your own good, with the dept. of health enforcing it. It's okay, he can have somebody else buy it for him and stand in the parking lot and eat it while he looks through the windows at the slender folks inside enjoying themselves, it will give him pause about his "problem". Fight the power!, Grimace.

Obese folks are not a protected class, just ask the AG.
                  Last edited by AlohaKine; February 3, 2008, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                    What I want to eat is Wendy's. * nudge, nudge*
                    Yep Wendy's Hot and Juicy burgers can't be as bad as Burger King's Patty on Patty technology
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                    X