McDonald's Southern Style Chicken Sandwich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McDonald's Southern Style Chicken Sandwich

I don't get it, but, tomorrow this is free.
    Aloha from Lavagal

What's for Lunch - Chapter 12

Why not try this on Thursday, May 15? Not my sort of thing, though!
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

It's for breakfast. It's for lunch. It's for dinner. But only on Thursday, May 15.
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Re: McDonald's Southern Style Chicken Sandwich

Is that a regular chicken sandwhich or a one McNugget sandwich?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
          Is that a regular chicken sandwhich or a one McNugget sandwich?
          I actually bought a Southern Style Chicken Sandwich combo today and it was pretty good. It's basically a chicken sandwich with pickles on what seems like a potato bun. Simple and tasty but it won't fill you up like a double quarter pounder, so don't get it if you're starving for indulgence.

Great as an in between meal. Actually come to think of it it tastes just like the KFC snacker without the lettuce, sauce and with pickles but double the size.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I believe it's not a processed piece of chicken, but a filet. I could be wrong. Anyway, I've had it, and it's not bad.

Lavagal, your posts crack me up.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

It's a processed filet.
              ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

It looks like a Chick-Fil-A sandwich! Those are chicken filet sandwiches served on a toasted/buttered bun with pickles. (Chick-Fil-A is a very popular franchise in the South.) Hmmm. Gotta go try one. And gotta get one chicken biscuit ASAP. Wonder if they taste the same as they do in SC?

Comment

http://atlantaintown.blogspot.com/20...and-chick.html

http://www.seriouseats.com/eating_ou...-sandwich.html

Oh, yeah...just as I thought. An oldfashioned cookoff. And it looks like the better one is....DING DING The Chick-Fil-A!!
                  Last edited by cyleet99; May 14, 2008, 10:04 PM. Reason: read one of the article

Comment

I've not had the lunch sandwich, but I've had it as a breakfast biscuit a couple of times recently. It's a filet, but the seasoning is far too mild (imo) and the coating doesn't stay crunchy. Give me Chick-Fil-A any day over these (too bad there's no C-F-A around these parts).

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                      I believe it's not a processed piece of chicken, but a filet. I could be wrong. Anyway, I've had it, and it's not bad.

Lavagal, your posts crack me up.
                      Umm, a little foolish background. I thought I was doing everyone a service by posting one on our Breakfast, one on our Lunch, and one on our Dinner threads. That idea was frowned upon and so they were combined to this one thread. I feel so silly and I was embarrassed. (I'm over it!)

Tutusue is invited to respond, she had responded to one of them, but her post was sacrificed to the ethernet gawds, so I hope she posts again, maybe after she tries it today. Here I am right next door to the Keeaumoku McDs and I hope I can get over there to try it for lunch!

After hearing it's more like a filet, I'm game. But I must confess, zaftig woman that I am, that I'd love it with a secret sauce!
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                        Umm, a little foolish background. I thought I was doing everyone a service by posting one on our Breakfast, one on our Lunch, and one on our Dinner threads. That idea was frowned upon and so they were combined to this one thread. I feel so silly and I was embarrassed. (I'm over it!)

Tutusue is invited to respond, she had responded to one of them, but her post was sacrificed to the ethernet gawds, so I hope she posts again, maybe after she tries it today. Here I am right next door to the Keeaumoku McDs and I hope I can get over there to try it for lunch!

After hearing it's more like a filet, I'm game. But I must confess, zaftig woman that I am, that I'd love it with a secret sauce!
                        I got one this morning with my large coffee and it wasn't too bad. It wasn't great, either. Still, I only paid $2.71 for a full breakfast (by my standards), so I won't complain!

I'm curious to try the sandwich, though. It was a big honkin' piece of processed chicken, and it just didn't go too well with the biscuit. I'm sure it'll taste better with some McDs sauce!
                        Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                        We're not here to mess around
                        Boston, you know we love you madly
                        Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                        Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                        You know we couldn't live without you
                        Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post

There was no need to feel silly or embarrassed, LG. I feel there was a bit of an over reaction to your posts about the free offer. But, that's just me! Since I participate in HT for the frivolity, all of my posts can be sacrificed and it's no big deal.

Now...about the chicken sandwich! During my short elevator ride downstairs this morning I prepared myself for the long line that was sure to be snaking out the door at McDs. Surprise! There was NO line...only one lady who let me go ahead of her while she perused the menu board. So, for $1.77 (the price of the required medium size...or larger...drink), I got the free biscuit sandwich, a drink and was out the door in about 2 minutes!

Keeping in mind that I have very little sense of smell and taste...the sandwich was just fine! It was free, fer crissake, and I can't taste so the whole thing was a great experience!

What did surprise me is that no condiments were used...just a crispy slab o' chicken surrounded by a dry biscuit. But, dang, the price was right! I do wish a grilled slab o' chicken could be offered as an option, like the snack wrap offers. And, yes, a little secret type sauce would be a nice addition.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                            Since I participate in HT for the frivolity...
                            Keeping in mind that I have very little ... taste...
                            Is it just me, or does anyone else enjoy the juxtaposition of these two phrases?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                              Is it just me, or does anyone else enjoy the juxtaposition of these two phrases?
                              She's a doll and she knows how to turn a few phrases!

My review: I had it for lunch, so two transparent pickles on what I think is just a regular bun, and an extremely well-prepared crispy deep fried chicken filet. I appreciated its nakedness, but think lettuce, tomato and maybe a dill ranch would be great with it--plus pickles that are NOT transparent. Free, ferchrissake, so thanks, McDs. I had mine with the $1 side salad with sesame ginger dressing.

I actually think my girls will like the southern sandwich, y'all! Did anyone note the T-shirts the crew is wearing? Yellow and the word y'all is part of the text.
                              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
                              X