2 Free Tacos Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Free Tacos Day!

Yeah. Yay. Whoopie. Well OK, whatever you think of them (I think you have to be punch drunk in order to enjoy those greasy tortilla & regurgitated meat bombs), Jack in the Box is giving away 2 free tacos on June 26th when you bring any gas receipt (as in fuel for you car). Limit 1 offer per person. No purchase necessary. At participating restaurants.

Wow, that's pretty good to make that offer without a purchase (like a drink or somethin') required.

Looks like "gas" will be going as much into the air as it will in your fuel tank on June 26th. lol
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Re: 2 Free Tacos Day!

LOL! Regurgitated meat bombs, a very good description of JITB tacos. I think I will pass.

Comment

Caw me drrunk.. I like em.
      n'importe

Comment

They are sooooooooo bad, but I like 'em too.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I buy them when its 2 for 99¢.... FREE is a GREAT bargain. I have to go to Lex Brodie's this weekend anyway. Ask for the receipt.....
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

JITB Tacos are better than TacoBell's. TacoBell's taste too healthy.

Comment

All you JITB Taco "likers" are sick. Sick, I tell ya'. lol

I couldn't resist, so last night I visited JITB on Kuhio Avenue (by Scruples) and picked up a couple 'a tacos, which were going for a thrifty 2 for 99 cents regular price on their every day value menu...

Notice on the one sitting on the package below how the grease from the regurgitated meat soaks through the corn tortilla shell.

And here's the inside of a "Monster Taco" ($1.29 each), which all I could detect the difference between that and the "regular" taco was the size...

And here's a line of drunk (just kidding, mostly sober) patrons waiting in line to buy some...

Actually, eating them while sober was pretty darned good in a sobering way. lol

I'm thinkin' you could really "Jack these up" by adding in a dollup of sour cream, refried beans, guac', onions and diced tomato. That would make these ROCK!
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

!Aye carumba!

I'd rather eat a gallon of poi than a fast food taco.

Ofa 'atu
                Mui Houma
                Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                  !Aye carumba!

I'd rather eat a gallon of poi than a fast food taco.

Ofa 'atu
                  Mui Houma
                  Sure, me too. But keep in mind, at today's market price, a gallon of poi will set you back about $30 (give or take, depending where you shop and what brand you buy).

Versus 2 tacos from JITB, which only costs 99 cents, or FREE! this Thursday.

You can bet the day Costco gives away 3 lb. bags of poi in trade for a gas receipt, I'll be camping overnight to get first dibs! lol

Post edit: Actually, now that I think about how you wrote that, are you saying poi is just as disgusting as fast food tacos? Just asking. That's cool if you think so. Good. Das' moah poi fo' me!
                  Last edited by Pomai; June 21, 2008, 11:07 AM.
                  sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

A couple of weeks ago, L&L Drive-In @ WalMart Keeaumoku was selling plate lunches for 76¢ for a few hours. That drew extremely long lines as people waited for hours to take advantage of the bargain.

Several years ago, Lex Brodie's was selling gas for 88¢ a gallon when the price at the time was $1.59 or so. I waited in my car for 2 hours to get the 88¢ a gallon gas.

In 2006 Aloha Airlines gave away free tickets on the day Go! started operations. People waited in long lines for that.

Create an extraordinary bargain on something, and people will come and wait to get it. I don't know what it will be like for Free Tacos Thursday at Jack in the Box, but if I can make I certainly will get my 2 freebies and of course more than likely buy something else like a drink or burger from JITB.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne View Post
                      JITB Tacos are better than TacoBell's.
                      I wouldn’t go that far. They’re about what you would expect for the price. Edible, able to satisfy your hunger, but far from delicious.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                      USA TODAY, page 2A
                      11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                        In 2006 Aloha Airlines gave away free tickets on the day Go! started operations. People waited in long lines for that.
                        Don't forget the free R/T tickets to the Philippines given away back in January of this year by Hawaiian Airlines in Tamarind Park.

And as you mentioned that you'll likely buy a soda and/or burger along with those free tacos, that's surely what JITB marketing execs expects will happen. I also think it's an interesting strategy to hold this free taco day promotion on a work week Thursday. Or is there something significant about Thursday, June 26th that I missed?

Post edit: This just crossed my mind: Jack in the Box should add up all the gasoline receipts they receive nationwide for the "Two Free Tacos Day" promotion and announce the total. The number should easily be in the $billions.
                        Last edited by Pomai; June 21, 2008, 11:27 AM.
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Which is better? A Taco Bell Taco or a Flying Saucer from a local carnival food booth.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                            They are sooooooooo bad, but I like 'em too.
                            Me too! Sometimes after Pilates I stop off and get two! Kind of negates
                            all the hard work but vice will be vice.

Comment

Nice pics of the JITB on Kuhio. I have to tip my hat to their graveyard shift employees, particulary those who work on the weekend. That has to be the worst job in the world, serving all the drunk people coming out of the numerous bars and clubs in the area. Many of them acting stupid and abusive.

And for those who are complaining about JITB's tacos,..... it's 2 for 99 freakin' cents. Who here expects gourmet quality dining at that price?
                              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                              X