Spot's Inn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spot's Inn

My friends Jonn and Seiko are closing Spot's Inn on August 23rd 2008. If you have never eaten there the food is good and some of the specials are the bomb!

They are not closing due to lack of business but they are tired and with the rent renewal going up they have decided to take a break after 13 years. Maybe they may reopen on a smaller scale (HOPEFULLY!)

Re: Spot's Inn Closing on Dillingham

Too bad they are calling it quits. I liked their NY Steak.

I didn't think they would ever close because of slow business. If anything, I would have thought they might have gotten in trouble with the folks at Disney. Their mascots looks an awful lot like the 101 Dalmations.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Aren't they across from HCC? Man, I thought they were getting smashed with all the students in the area. Guess not.

Comment

Yes there are across the street from Honolulu Community College. The few times I have been there latey, the customers don't seem to be students or workers from HCC.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
          Aren't they across from HCC? Man, I thought they were getting smashed with all the students in the area. Guess not.
          Nothing to do with the amount of business. They work 13 hour days for the last 13 years and they are tired. They want to scale back the business and go smaller hopefully.

Comment

Sad to hear it's closing but definitely understand where Jonn and Seiko are coming from. Long hours, hard work... Seiko's arms and shoulders need a break from the kitchen! Will definitely make it a point to visit one last time, probably for breakfast. Only a recent discovery for me but my coworkers are devoted customers.

Comment

That is sad... It also reminds me of my time working in that area years ago (I remember when they opened).

Comment

My Favorite at Spot's are:

Hamburger Steak with a splash of teri sauce on top.
                BBQ Hamburger Steak
                MEGA Plate (split it with someone!)
                Beef Stew
                Caesar Chicken Salad (Love the dressing)
                BBQ Meatloaf!
                Fried Udon Noodles
                Oyako Donburi (3 lbs. enough to feed 3 ppl!!!)
                Crab Salad Sandwich
                Fresh French Fries
                Broasted Chicken (I bring my own Thai Sweet Chili Sauce! damn ono)
                Teri Hamburger with everything
                Spanish Rice
                BBQ Ribs
                French Toast
                Turkey Ala King on rice
                Baked Spaghetti or Macaroni
                Pot Roast Beef
                Prime Rib with Teri Sauce

Comment

Wow, sadness. In my H.C.C. days, it was a student favorite! Now I guess they'll have to trek a little further up the road to Zippy's. I can't imagine they'd go all the way to Dole Cannery considering the offerings there. I suppose a Costco hotdog fits a college student's budget, but I never once gave it thought with Spot's Inn calling me back then. Time to make one last visit.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                  USA TODAY, page 2A
                  11 March 1993

Comment

Went by today for lunch. Doing very brisk business, now that folks know that time is running out to get their fix.

Comment

I had always wanted to try Spot's, but never did. Since I read here that they will be closing, the hubby & I went there for lunch last week Friday. I had teri chicken with french fries instead of rice and he had teri-hamburger steak.

I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Bummer. I almost always got their teriburger/fries combo. He said they ground their own sirloin. The mahi plate was kinda manini tho. I hope they do decide to open up another at a smaller scale perhaps. Seemed like good guys...always stated the customer's name (I noticed) when they said thanks.

Oh yeah and I liked how consistent he was tying the knot on the take out bag with a slip-knot... yeah my wife says I'm weird for noticing some things.

Comment

Originally posted by kanahina View Post
                          I had always wanted to try Spot's, but never did. Since I read here that they will be closing, the hubby & I went there for lunch last week Friday. I had teri chicken with french fries instead of rice and he had teri-hamburger steak.

AND HOW WAS IT???

Jonn and Seiko and Family thank everyone for thier support! They were shocked that I posted this thread up and everyone is posting pictures.
                          Keep it coming!

Comment

Originally posted by speedtek View Post
                            AND HOW WAS IT???

Jonn and Seiko and Family thank everyone for thier support! They were shocked that I posted this thread up and everyone is posting pictures.
                            Keep it coming!

Well, the food tasted good and I thought my teri-chicken plate had a lot of chicken so it was a good deal! Hubby said his tasted good too, although he was a little disappointed that there was only 1 scoop of rice instead of 2. Too bad they are closing soon, as I would have liked to try their burger too ...
                            I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Jonn said the Big one scoop of rice should be equivlent to what they use to give as 2 small ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X