Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annette Nahinu of La Mariana Passes Away at 93

R.I.P. Annette

Many Mahalos for a REALLY AMAZING Tiki establishment, and one of the few remaining old Honolulu Tiki Establishments that stood the test of time.

Condolences to her loved ones.

I hope this amazing restaurant remains open and her legacy and that of La Mariana Sailing Club continues.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...=2008807290329
    http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
    Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
    Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Re: Annette Nahinu of La Mariana Passes Away at 93

Aloha `oe, Annette. Kudos to her for keeping the character of that place alive for so long. I'm glad that I got to see her (and La Mariana) at least one time, with help from many HT members.

Comment

Rest In PEACE Annette Nahinu!

Love and ALOHA,

HawaiiThreads.com
      Last edited by 1stwahine; July 29, 2008, 09:14 AM.
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Oh, how sad, but she was in such frail health that it's probably a blessing at this point.

Annette was embroiled in lawsuits due to a question as to whether or not she signed a document turning over ownership of the restaurant. One must be a subscriber to Pacific Business News to read the entire article.

RIP, Annette, and thank you for keeping your little piece of paradise in tact for all of us to enjoy.

Comment

Just received this link re: Annette's legal issues. There's an interesting comment at the bottom of the article. Thanks...you know who!

Comment

Darn. Sad news.
            I saw Annette about two months ago, the last time I was at La Mariana. Every time I pick up friends at the airport I always make La Mariana our first stop, and Annette always gave them plenty of aloha, as she did to all her guests. She will definitely be missed.
            I hope La Mariana carries on...
            Last edited by LikaNui; July 29, 2008, 05:43 PM.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Anybody planning on attending the Aug. 6th 11am services at Mililani Mortuary?

I'll try to be there. I think she deserves a decent crowd. I doubt she has much family living here.
              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                I doubt she has much family living here.
                Maybe not by blood - but many by choice. Hope to learn that a lot of folks attend (including a few HT'ers). Thanks, Ron.

Comment

Thanks Ron for letting us know.

I'll be there.

Lynn Vasquez-Dela Cerna
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

The question has been presented as to which Mililani Mortuary the services will be held.
                    I had no idea there is more than one.

I'll be trying to find out, and if anyone can do the same, I'm sure it would be appreciated by those here that would like to be there.

Comment

thanks for the link/article. sigh....

she had such a kind heart; always going from table to table asking if things were all right...

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                      Just received this link re: Annette's legal issues. There's an interesting comment at the bottom of the article. Thanks...you know who!
                      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

I attended the '06 HT Christmas Party at La Mariana. It was the first time I had ever visited this iconic establishment of Hawaiiana, and during the party, Annette took the time to visit with me briefly. I now feel fortunate that I can count myself among the untold thousands she must have greeted and made to feel as a welcome guest at La Mariana.

Comment

Annette La Mariana Nahinu

ANNETTE LA MARIANA NAHINU / 1914-2008

http://starbulletin.com/2008/08/05/news/story14.html

Restaurateur was beloved by island sailing community

By Pat Gee
                          pgee@starbulletin.com

Out of a strip of junkyard at Keehi Lagoon, Annette La Mariana Nahinu built La Mariana Sailing Club not once, but twice with her own hands on the strength of a dream.

Nahinu's maiden name, La Mariana, means "the little sea" in Italian. At age 93 she died July 19 of natural causes at Hawaii Medical Center-East.

Nahinu was born in Brooklyn, N.Y., in 1914.

Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                            The question has been presented as to which Mililani Mortuary the services will be held.
                            I had no idea there is more than one.

I'll be trying to find out, and if anyone can do the same, I'm sure it would be appreciated by those here that would like to be there.
                            http://starbulletin.com/2008/08/05/news/story14.html

Services will be held August 6 at Mililani Mortuary, mauka chapel. Visitation is at 10:15 a.m.; service, 11:30 a.m.; burial, 12:30 p.m. at Mililani Memorial Park. Flowers are welcome.

(Mahalo, Blaine.)

Comment

Where is this place? Mililani?

Comment

Working...
                              X