Smokin' Bob's - Kaneohe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokin' Bob's - Kaneohe

IS OPEN!!!!!!! Has anyone been yet? Years ago he was open before the various Mexican incarnations later and it was DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!! I drove by today and
    saw "Now Open" - tempted to whip the car around I didn't but want to know
    if anyone's been how was it? What did you have, etc. etc. etc. I am very
    excited about this and hope to go this weekend

Re: Smokin' Bob's - Kaneohe

Is smokin bobs a mexican restaurant? Where's it located?
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Leashlaws, we used to go there regularly when I lived in Kailua - is it in the same location as before?

Turtlegirl, Smokin' Bob's was as the name implied -- slow-cooked, smoked meats with delicious sides. Beef, pork, chicken -- it was all broke da mout' delicious! It was on Kahuhipa Street (on the left, mauka-bound), just about a block mauka of Kamehameha Highway. Not sure if that's where it is now.

Comment

Aww, man. That's no place for a vegetarian! I was super stoked thinking that we got a new mexican restaurant. Still, I'm excited that you guys are excited about Smokin Bobs!
        ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by Spin Dr. View Post
          Leashlaws, we used to go there regularly when I lived in Kailua - is it in the same location as before?

Turtlegirl, Smokin' Bob's was as the name implied -- slow-cooked, smoked meats with delicious sides. Beef, pork, chicken -- it was all broke da mout' delicious! It was on Kahuhipa Street (on the left, mauka-bound), just about a block mauka of Kamehameha Highway. Not sure if that's where it is now.
          Yes, it is exactly the same location by Bob Barr's muffler shop hence the
          name. No big sign that I saw just a narrow yellow one on Bob's wall across
          the building with the restaurant which has a Pepsi banner that says
          "now open". We ate there ALL the time years ago, well we didn't eat there
          we carried out ALL THE TIME!!!!! It was so goooooooooood!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
            Aww, man. That's no place for a vegetarian! I was super stoked thinking that we got a new mexican restaurant. Still, I'm excited that you guys are excited about Smokin Bobs!
            So today I went and picked up a menu; and just wanted to stay there and inhale the smell of fabulous smoking BBQ! The menu is pretty much as it was all those years ago! I notice the staff was all Hispanic and very friendly even though I just went in and out. The smell is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good!
            Anyway Turtlegirl: they have smoked tofu! EIther by the pound ($6.99) or by min or large plate. Plates come with Bob's Barr-BQ beans (which I remember as excellent), cole slaw or macaroni & cheese with a side of white rice,
            Bob's rice or fries ($7.99/9.99) Meats are by the pound, sandwich plate. They also have quesadillas and tacos so it's got Mexican flavor as well. Beware it is cash only so plan ahead!

Comment

After reading Leashlaws review of Smokin' Bobs, I finally convinced hubby to try it this evening. OMG...everything was soooooooooooo good. The smell reminded me of some places we used to go to when we lived in Texas. I had the chicken quesadilla plate and hubby had the mixed plate with brisket and ribs. I want to try the smoked tufu (since I don't eat beef or pork)....maybe next time. We'll be heading back for sure!

Comment

wanted to eat at SB's on tuesday, but they were closed. they are also closed on mondays and open wednesdays-sundays. so i was going to try again on wednesday, but made sure to call beforehand to find out if they take credit cards which they don't . it's cash only. the person said that there is an atm nearby.
                "chaos reigns within.
                reflect, repent and reboot.
                order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Smoked tofu?!

Blech, I'll never be able to smoke again!
                  https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
                    wanted to eat at SB's on tuesday, but they were closed. they are also closed on mondays and open wednesdays-sundays. so i was going to try again on wednesday, but made sure to call beforehand to find out if they take credit cards which they don't . it's cash only. the person said that there is an atm nearby.
                    In my post about picking up the menu I mentioned cash only and plan ahead.
                    That sort of thing is irritating, I really dislike cash only places. I've still got
                    to make it there sometime. I'm thinking El Mariachi this weekend and they
                    take cc.

Comment

They have their own ATM machine in the restaurant. I'm not sure what the service fee is though.

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
                        In my post about picking up the menu I mentioned cash only and plan ahead.
                        That sort of thing is irritating, I really dislike cash only places. I've still got
                        to make it there sometime. I'm thinking El Mariachi this weekend and they
                        take cc.

i tried el mariachi as per the recommendations of ht ohana and i enjoyed it. however, i wanted to try sb's and didn't see that you mentioned cash only--my bad we don't usually carry cash unless it's to buy groceries in chinatown. everything is paid by cc and then the balance paid in full at the end of the month. got to get them miles which we just redeemed for our adventure to the b.i. to look at properties.
                        "chaos reigns within.
                        order shall return."

Comment

Yep me too. I charge everything and anything possible to get miles for those
                          mainland trips although the way the airlines are going I may have to rethink
                          my card and change to a different one. Every week I have to get cash for the Saturday farmer's market at KCC. What did you have at El Mariachi? I want to eat there tonight but I think I'm going to make Morrocan (sp?) chicken with
                          some lemons I've been preserving.

Comment

ooh, the morrocan chicken sounds delish!

i had the carnitas. very good, but must be eaten while hot.
                            "chaos reigns within.
                            order shall return."

Comment

ooh, the morrocan chicken sounds delish!

i had the carnitas. very good, but must be eaten while hot.
                              If you want I can send you the recipe. The lemons however take a month
                              to preserve but they last like 6 months. However it turns out we've been
                              invited to a sunset boat ride up in Haleiwa so I'm shelving the chicken
                              until tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                              X