Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Milk has gone SPAM

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    A comic brought up the scenario of the first person who drank cow's milk. Who would drink what comes out of what's hanging down from a cow?
    The Norse. Something about their mythology.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      [...]but I will usually try anything at least once, as I did a raw oyster. The texture and consistency was part of the issue. Now, cooked up on a hibachi (as you mentioned, "cooked with some skill") - you might get a different reaction outta me.
      I'm semi-ok with raw oysters. I have a bigger issue with possible contamination than I do with texture and consistency. But, on NYE I ate grilled oysters...HUGE, grilled oysters, grilled in the shell. OMG...fabulous, melt-in-your-mouth, coagulated, loogie meat! I believe the brand name is Hiltons, purchased from Costco. I salivate just thinking about them!

Back on topic...sorta! I'm not a milk drinker but I do like Silk Milk. The 32 oz. non-refrigerated cartons make it so convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
        The Norse. Something about their mythology.
        How about the legend of Tom Green who drank milk directly from a cow's utter on his MTV show?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          Back on topic...sorta! I'm not a milk drinker but I do like Silk Milk. The 32 oz. non-refrigerated cartons make it so convenient.
          i used to drink silk (plain) but after a while, found it too sweet (vanilla was just too cloying). my alternative is westsoy unsweetened. it doesn't have the heavy beany taste that asian brands have and seems lighter than silk brand. it also does not interfere with the taste of any cereal i might eat yet is enjoyable to drink on its own or with cocoa powder. those who carb-count will like that it's lower in carbs than silk.
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
            i used to drink silk (plain) but after a while, found it too sweet (vanilla was just too cloying). my alternative is westsoy unsweetened. [...]
            Silk came out with an unsweetened version, which is my preference. I tried Westsoy years ago but didn't like it. It sounds like it's worth trying again, however...esp. since, in the meantime, I've pretty much lost my sense of smell and taste! It just might become a decision based on price! Thanks, cyn.

Comment

Well it looks like Sam's Club ditched the square carton brand and is back to using the easy to pour container (though still using some generic mainland company).

I'm assuming it was more money reasons than helping customers not spill their milk.
              "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
              "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
              "
              Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Working...
              X