People urged to avoid peanut butter products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People urged to avoid peanut butter products

People urged to avoid peanut butter products.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090117/...nella_outbreak

You got any other ones that you see on MSN,Yahoo, or what ever you want people to know about?.

Post it here on this side.

Thanks .
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Re: Avoid Eating this...

This doesn't apply to a year-old jar of peanut butter, does it?

Comment

Re: Avoid Eating this...

If it's chunky, but the label says creamy ...... I wouldn't eat it.

Comment

Re: People urged to avoid peanut butter products

I received a robocall from Costco this week with info regarding the recall and warning which of their products to avoid. I detest robocalls but am happy I listened long enough to realize what it was. I suppose all Costco members were called. True? If so, I'm impressed.

Comment

No one called me. What did they say? I've bought their organic peanut butter for Manele & Koele.

I'll check their website to see if anything is mentioned regarding this issue.
          Last edited by leashlaws; January 21, 2009, 04:51 PM. Reason: add info.

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
            No one called me. What did they say?[...]
            I didn't listen to the entire message as I'm not buying any peanut butter products for the time being. I even went thru my hurricane kit and tossed any snack items containing peanut butter! Costco did mention Keebler brand cookies (crackers?), tho'.

ETA:
            I think they probably named off a list of all affected products they sell. I wonder, if you call one of the stores, if they'll have a menu option that will transfer you to an outgoing message with that list. Just a thought!
            Last edited by tutusue; January 21, 2009, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Wasn't there a salmonella outbreak last year of a peanut butter product? Why wasn't preventive measures taken in producing peanut butter for salmonella from happening again?

Comment

I'm still waiting to hear if this will have any effect on the peanut butter creme cookies I ordered from the Girl Scouts. Seriously.

Comment

http://news.aol.com/article/recalls-...s/306697?flv=1

This link was updated 6 hours ago (about 2pm), it gives some product names.
                  Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    [...]I even went thru my hurricane kit and tossed any snack items containing peanut butter! Costco did mention Keebler brand cookies (crackers?), tho'.
                    [...]
                    The snack crackers I threw out are the ones shown here. I purchased the Austin cookies and crackers pack at Costco a week or 2 ago. Leashlaws, I bet Costco is calling only those customers who purchased the affected products.

Even if I'd listened to the entire Costco robocall and heard the word "Austin" it wouldn't have rung a bell with me. Seeing the photo did! Fortunately I didn't eat any of the peanut butter flavored crackers before I packed them away in my hurricane kit!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                      I'm still waiting to hear if this will have any effect on the peanut butter creme cookies I ordered from the Girl Scouts. Seriously.

It's okay, really. Check it out.

Enjoy your cookies!

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
                        It's okay, really. Check it out.

Enjoy your cookies!
                        Excellent - just what I needed to hear. The cookies arrive in a couple weeks.

Comment

Just my luck, I purchased a package of Peanut Butter-filled DOUBLE-STUFFED Oreos (Nabisco) from Walmart just hours before hearing about the salmonella alert in the news. So I still have it unopened along with the receipt awaiting to be returned.

They haven't mentioned Nabisco products being affected, but I ain't taking a chance.

As a conspiracy theory, this continual trend of contaminated foods (lettuce, tomatoes, and now peanuts) that are being distributed on a mass scale across the nation could be terrorism, but the government isn't going to admit that to the public. Just a thought.
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                            As a conspiracy theory, this continual trend of contaminated foods (lettuce, tomatoes, and now peanuts) that are being distributed on a mass scale across the nation could be terrorism, but the government isn't going to admit that to the public. Just a thought.
                            I think Hanlon's razor is more likely. (Why test food? Our suppliers are good. How does that add to this quarter's bottom line?) However, it could well be giving terrorists an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                              Just my luck, I purchased a package of Peanut Butter-filled DOUBLE-STUFFED Oreos (Nabisco) from Walmart just hours before hearing about the salmonella alert in the news. So I still have it unopened along with the receipt awaiting to be returned.

They haven't mentioned Nabisco products being affected, but I ain't taking a chance.
                              As I'm typing this post, I'm eating my Nabisco's Nutter Butter peanut butter sandwich cookies. This is my second package in two weeks. No ill effect yet (except my expanding girth).

I prefer my Oreos with chocolate creme.

Go HERE to download the list of peanut butter products recall.
                              Last edited by Random; January 25, 2009, 11:27 AM.
                              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
                              X