People urged to avoid peanut butter products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Random View Post
    As I'm typing this post, I'm eating my Nabisco's Nutter Butter peanut butter sandwich cookies. This is my second package in two weeks. No ill effect yet (except my expanding girth).

I prefer my Oreos with chocolate creme.

Go HERE to download the list of peanut butter products recall.
    Ha! Well gosh darned it, if you've been eating it for two weeks and haven't gotten sick yet, I'm gonna' go ahead and eat my Peanut Butter Oreos! In fact I just tried a couple (first time) and you know what? The filling tastes exactly like the one used in the Nutter Butter. These are winnahz!

Random, since you obviously like Nutter Butter and Oreos, you gotta' try this one. I think you'll dig it.

And I trust eating it seeing that the FDA hasn't included it on their list.

Random, you still there? Random? Random? Random!!!!!!!!!
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Re: People urged to avoid peanut butter products

As I'm typing this post, I'm eating my Nabisco's Nutter Butter peanut butter sandwich cookies.
      You can be on President Obama's staff as a food tester.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
        Ha! Well gosh darned it, if you've been eating it for two weeks and haven't gotten sick yet, I'm gonna' go ahead and eat my Peanut Butter Oreos! In fact I just tried a couple (first time) and you know what? The filling tastes exactly like the one used in the Nutter Butter. These are winnahz!

Random, since you obviously like Nutter Butter and Oreos, you gotta' try this one. I think you'll dig it.

And I trust eating it seeing that the FDA hasn't included it on their list.

Random, you still there? Random? Random? Random!!!!!!!!!
        *flushes toilet*

Sorry, I was on the can.

Tried Oreo with Peanut Butter creme. Nothing like Nutter Butter. The only thing that make chocolate and peanut butter go together well is Reese's Cup.
        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
          You can be on President Obama's staff as a food tester.
          I'm not testing his food.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
            I think Hanlon's razor is more likely. (Why test food? Our suppliers are good. How does that add to this quarter's bottom line?) However, it could well be giving terrorists an idea.
            Meh. Terrorists are better off threatening our water supply ... including bottled water products.

Comment

[...]The only thing that make chocolate and peanut butter go together well is Reese's Cup.
              <drool> Reese's PB cup...
              I love the marriage of pb and chocolate but won't indulge 'til this scare is over. With any luck, maybe the hiatus will cause the one taste bud I have left to lose it's addiction to this tasty combo!

Comment

Let's see, this week I need to be careful of peanut butter products, fresh home-grown lettuce, and local products made with commercial grade (instead of food grade) salt.
                Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Nothing like Nutter Butter. The only thing that make chocolate and peanut butter go together well is Reese's Cup.
                  Have you noticed that there are two distinctly different cookies, both called "Nutter Butter?" There's the ones with pb creme between two crunchy, peanut-shaped cookies, and there's the ones that are two layers of thin wafer cookie, with the pb in little squares between, separated like little ravioli; I prefer the latter.

As for chocolate and peanut butter combos - find the old Kellogg's "Cocoa Peanut Logs" recipe, which used Cocoa Krispies, chocolate and pb. Like Rice Krispie Treats - only worlds better.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    Have you noticed that there are two distinctly different cookies, both called "Nutter Butter?" There's the ones with pb creme between two crunchy, peanut-shaped cookies, and there's the ones that are two layers of thin wafer cookie, with the pb in little squares between, separated like little ravioli; I prefer the latter.
                    Not a fan of the Nutter Butter wafers you want.

Though the stores usually have them on sale or priced cheaper than the cookies.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                      Let's see, this week I need to be careful of peanut butter products, fresh home-grown lettuce,...
                      Wait a minute. We can't grow our own lettuce???

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        The snack crackers I threw out are the ones shown here. I purchased the Austin cookies and crackers pack at Costco a week or 2 ago. Leashlaws, I bet Costco is calling only those customers who purchased the affected products.

Even if I'd listened to the entire Costco robocall and heard the word "Austin" it wouldn't have rung a bell with me. Seeing the photo did! Fortunately I didn't eat any of the peanut butter flavored crackers before I packed them away in my hurricane kit!
                        You should have returned the items for a refund, even if you ate 95% of the product you'd still get a 100% refund.
                        May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Wait a minute. We can't grow our own lettuce???
                          I just posted a response, but it seems to have disappeared. I'll try again.

You can grow lettuce, you just have to be sure to wash it due to Rat Lung Worm (parasite).

http://www.starbulletin.com/news/breaking/38015239.html

No eating the salad at pot-lucks for me for awhile, unless I've prepared and washed it myself!
                          Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Does this include organic peanut butter from costco?

I have an idea- Let's tanimoshi all our peanut butter products in a large gift box and send it to Al Qaida! Tell 'em it's a good will gesture from the Obama Administration.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
                              You should have returned the items for a refund, even if you ate 95% of the product you'd still get a 100% refund.
                              I still have some of the non-peanut butter product that came in the same variety pack and I have the receipt. When I need to go to Costco for other items, I'll take the affected product back.
                              Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
                              Does this include organic peanut butter from costco?
                              It appears Costco is making robocalls to customers who bought affected products. How far back in time they go in their data base, I have no idea.
                              I have an idea- Let's tanimoshi all our peanut butter products in a large gift box and send it to Al Qaida! Tell 'em it's a good will gesture from the Obama Administration.
                              <teehee> Count me in!

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                                I just posted a response, but it seems to have disappeared. I'll try again.

You can grow lettuce, you just have to be sure to wash it due to Rat Lung Worm (parasite).

http://www.starbulletin.com/news/breaking/38015239.html

No eating the salad at pot-lucks for me for awhile, unless I've prepared and washed it myself!
                                Oh, great. I just had tossed salad at a drive-inn last night. I just had to skipped the macaroni salad.

Comment

Working...
                                X