Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: People urged to avoid peanut butter products

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
    Does this include organic peanut butter from costco?

I have an idea- Let's tanimoshi all our peanut butter products in a large gift box and send it to Al Qaida! Tell 'em it's a good will gesture from the Obama Administration.
    An Al-Qaeda Care Package. *cue evil cackle soundbite*
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      I love the marriage of pb and chocolate
      Did Chocolate marry Mr. Peanut because of his nuts?

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
        Oh, great. I just had tossed salad at a drive-inn last night. I just had to skipped the macaroni salad.
        Nah, don't worry. Most commercial lettuce has been doused with pesticides, so the disease carrying slugs aren't present.
        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          I received a robocall from Costco[...]
          In addition to the phone call, I received a letter from Costco earlier this week. I'm impressed my their diligence altho' I've never been affected by a recall so don't know if this kind of diligence is S.O.P.

The list of recalled peanut butter products is increasing. The updated list can be found HERE. You can also download a full copy of the list via a link at the bottom of that web page. The PDF version is 31 pages!

Comment

I received yet another letter yesterday, this time from the manufacturer. It referenced it's product was sold at Costco and to toss the product immediately. Way too late; I'd already ingested all of it months ago. And, I'm still above the sod!

Comment

If anyone cares, the spinach scare of several years ago was actually due to wild boars that had broken down a fence (which was really strong, but they managed to knock it down somehow), and run through the organic company's spinach crop after stepping in poo. (I know, yum) My husband happened to be working for the main supplier a few years ago and they explained what happened. So no conspiracies there...just some stampeeding pigs.

As for the peanut butter- I will continue to eat the little peanut butter I do. If I get sick...eh, I've been wanting to lose some weight anyway.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Working...
              X