Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kapiolani Coffee shop?

"scrivener"
    "I just told you. You can get the Kapiolani oxtail soup at Asahi Grill. It's the same oxtail soup."

"cynsaligia"
    "having recently had asahi grill's oxtail soup, and having had the oxtail soup many times when it was in the kam bowl location as a hangover cure, i can most wholeheartely declare it is most decidedly NOT the same soup."

Just as I thought.
    Nothing can be the same as Kapiolani Coffee Shop Oxtail.
    Who's laughing now????

When Kam bowl closed, Kapiolani Coffee Shop moved someplace.
    Never found out where.
    That's why I started this thread.
    I would have thought that because it was so popular, no matter where they opened in town, they would still be in business.
    I've had the oxtail at the shop in Waimalu a while ago.
    It was the same as at Kam Bowl, as it should be.

Anyone know if they are going to open in town again????

Comment

Originally posted by abunaitoo View Post
      Just as I thought.
      Nothing can be the same as Kapiolani Coffee Shop Oxtail.
      Who's laughing now????
      scriv wasn't a fan, so he doesn't miss it. while i was a fan, i find the version at asahi unsatisfying. honoruru indicates the waimalu version he had years ago lackluster. you might like the one at waimalu but you're jonesing for someone in town to do it like it was done at kam bowl.

so who's laughing? i'd guess no one. i would suggest walgreens, now at the kam bowl site, might be, but if they are, i doubt it's bcs they're essentially standing on the grave of what many considered the best oxtail in town.
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I ate at the Waimalu one over five years ago by accident.
        A bunch of us were going to eat at the chinese resturant in the same shopping center. The one with the bumbucha gau gee.
        While driving around the parking lot, I saw the Kapiolani Coffee Shop sign.
        I thought it tasted the same.

Comment

Working...
        X