X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• helen
    replied
    Re: Doing the Dew

Tried the Baja Blast today. It tasted okay but it has sky blue coloring to it.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
    Pitch Black sounds pretty good. So they've got orange-flavored Mountain Dew (LiveWire), cherry (Code Red), and now grape (Pitch Black). What's next... cola-flavored?
    Taco Bell is selling Mountain Dew Baja Blast. It is a lime favored drink. When I got dinner from the Ala Moana Taco Bell, that fountain selection was unavailable.

Leave a comment:

• j3rr3y
    replied

mountain dew is sick... tastes like hell and gives me a headache.... so yeah, i voted that i dont drink it.

Leave a comment:

• Glen Miyashiro
    replied

Pitch Black sounds pretty good. So they've got orange-flavored Mountain Dew (LiveWire), cherry (Code Red), and now grape (Pitch Black). What's next... cola-flavored?

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied
    Re: Mountain Dew - Pitch Black

Apparently "Pitch Black" will only be available for 10 weeks, ending with Halloween (with promotions that tie the color to the spooky holiday). Check out the official site.

From BevNet:
    Mountain Dew Pitch Black combines the great taste of Mountain Dew with a blast of black grape flavor. It follows in the footsteps of Mountain Dew LiveWire, which grew the Mountain Dew trademark more than 10% during its inaugural six-month run in 2003. Building on that successful strategy, Mountain Dew Pitch Black will capitalize on excitement leading up to Halloween with a shorter, 10-week on-shelf stretch beginning August 21. In addition to Mountain Dew Pitch Black's spooky package graphics and in-store displays, a theatre commercial - parodying "B" horror movies - will support the new brand in 4,000 movie theatres. Additional marketing support includes an Internet "Dewsletter" and product sampling at General Growth Properties malls and at this week's ESPN X Games in Los Angeles. Mountain Dew Pitch Black will be available in 20-oz bottles, 2-liter bottles and 12-packs of 12-ounce cans.
    Note the line about General Growth Properties malls. That means you might be able to spot sample giveaways at Ala Moana, Ward Center and Prince Kuhio in Hilo.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied
    Mountain Dew - Pitch Black

While getting my bus pass from Foodland on Monday I noticed that they are selling a new version of Mountain Dew called Pitch Black (or was that Pitched Black). I didn't buy it but the front label says it is grape flavor.

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

Originally posted by helen
    Managed to drink a bottle of Mountain Dew today that was expired two weeks ago. It was okay unlike the time a friend who gave me a can of Diet Coke that the freshness date expired 6 months before.

Ever look at the label on bottled water? It too has a freshness date. Hmmm since when does water spoil?

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

back in the 70's in Idaho, "Doing the Dew" meant taking a piss so I cannot imagine why one would want to associate their soft drink with urine. Hmmm it kinda does look like piss and drinking enough of Mountain Dew (Deer Piss) can make you want to urinate.

"Doing the Dew" probably came from the Texas term, "Shakin the dew off the lilly" which basically meant the same as taking a piss.

Then there's Coors beer made with Rocky Mountain Water. That phrase later evolved into Rocky Mountain Piss Water. So you got Mountain Piss water and you got Mountain Dew (water) (piss) So Doing the Dew to me makes as much sense of pissing than anything else.

So go ahead, Do the Dew either way you'll be pissing it out anyway.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Managed to drink a bottle of Mountain Dew today that was expired two weeks ago. It was okay unlike the time a friend who gave me a can of Diet Coke that the freshness date expired 6 months before.

Leave a comment:

• Karen
    replied

I don't drink sodas regularly, but often enough to not keep what I REALLY like in the house. I drank Vanilla diet coke, being of the Coke generation, till I tried Vanilla Diet Pepsi when my coke wasn't available, and wow, I like the vanilla diet pepsi better. Seems the vanilla flavor is stronger with the Pepsi version, but I don't like plain Pepsi better than plain Coke. When running errands, and I want a caffeine pickerupper (g) it's nice to have a taste that I enjoy, quickly available.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

True but what gets me is what is listed as other natural flavors after the orange juice. There is more of that than the brominated vegetable oil.

Leave a comment:

• 808_m3
    replied

Originally posted by Kilinahe
    I was surprised to learn on TV that Mountain Dew actually contains a splash of orange juice. You can taste it if you're looking for it.
    Mountain dew also contains brominated vegetable oil. That's an odd ingredient in a soft drink...
    Last edited by 808_m3; August 13, 2004, 07:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• makepagirl
    replied

if i drink soft drinks its original dew!!but,i'm with serenity,can't anymore cause my teeth..my other 1/2 loves the diet dew tho..i have bags &bags of all those orange caps he saves 4 all the contests..when they had the contest about winning free basketball jerseys was pretty cool.all we had to do was log online,then mail cap in &got the prize within 2 weeks...he won about 10 of em!!

Leave a comment:

• Albert
    replied

I don't think I have ever tasted Mountain Dew in any version, but I do use their bottles to disguise beer when I'm drinking it in places I shouldn't be.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Originally posted by adri1456
    And since when they have a "diet" Mountain Dew?
    At least 10 years or more.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X