X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's Yer Poison?

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
    Oh, the hardship.
    da only hardship; driving and finding parking in that dag blasted parking structure. the guy who designed it, rumor has it, is hiding in meh-heeko. under investigation for faulty design, construction, etc..

BTW:
    Etymologists prefer;
    "name your poison"

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
      Miulang, those both sound good, but they weren't the one I had. Now that I'm thinking about it, I think it had some kind of berry-flavored liqueur in it. I guess I'll have to do what Kimo says and go back to find it again. Oh, the hardship.
      If it was slushy, then it probably was a "palini" but instead of peach, you may have had a raspberry or blackberrry liqueur in it instead of the peach schnapps.

Here's a description from a restaurant review (of the Palm Springs Palomino):

"Current favorite mixed drink is an enticing Palomino palini, $4.50 for twelve ounces, $6.50 for sixteen, an icy-frozen mix of fresh peach, raspberry or blackberry, blend of champagne, fresh fruit, lemon, cassis, rum and peach schnapps, presented in a tall, Pilsener-style glass, with slice of fresh lime and fat red straw, a thirst-quenching but potent summer sipper."

I've only had the peach palini, and when I was at the original Seattle branch over the holidays for lunch (after a rough day of slogging through Christmas shopping) I looked for it on the menu and it wasn't there...it might be seasonal.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I'm addicted to that strong Texas malt liquor, Steel Reserve, which you can't get in bars ... but the Bloody Mary's at Ala Moana's Mai Tai Bar are quite decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
          I'm addicted to that strong Texas malt liquor, Steel Reserve, which you can't get in bars ... but the Bloody Mary's at Ala Moana's Mai Tai Bar are quite decent.

aaah yes. 211!

great stuff.
          a bit bitter, but if ya want that buzz quick, that is the stuff.
          what is it; 8.5?
          Long's has it sometimes at $3.50 a six pack.
          Take it to a party; after 1 can, and you'll be under the table. One six pack and you'll be under the hostess!

MaiTai bar good deals happy hour; cheap beer and half price coconut shrimp. (onooo!)
          hmmmm... would like to see some bar offer 211...

Comment

Steel Reserve.

"Long's has it sometimes at $3.50 a six pack."

Foodland Ala Moana has it now for $2.50/forty-ounce bottle, with their wretched Kamaaina card, of course. Can still get it for pennies less in Chinatown.

Of course, was only a few months ago when it was widely available for $1.99/per forty.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
              Steel Reserve.

Of course, was only a few months ago when it was widely available for $1.99/per forty.

ok. my beloved 211;
              ("pop da top on da fourr teee!")
              for 2 bux at foodland!
              once in da while... wit da cahd.

and ya notice, often two fourties; more beer, AND less expensive than six pack price.

how you figgah!?

(but I never point it out do them, lest they wise up and change um.)

Comment

Stoli's straight up!
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

What's yer toast?
                  when ya drink straight up yer poison...
                  here are a few o' mine:

cheers to you and cheers to me,
                  the best of friends we'll always be.
                  But just in case we disagree,
                  to Hell with you and cheers to me

For every wound, a balm.
                  For every sorrow, cheer.
                  For every storm, a calm.
                  For every thirst, a beer.

May your glass be ever full.
                  May the roof over your head be always strong.
                  And may you be in heaven
                  half an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

Here's to me, and here's to you,
                  And here's to love and laughter-
                  I'll be true as long as you,
                  And not one moment after.

Here's to you and yours
                  And to mine and ours.
                  And if mine and ours
                  Ever come across to you and yours,
                  I hope you and yours will do
                  As much for mine and ours
                  As mine and ours have done
                  For you and yours!

Health and life to you;
                  The mate of your choice to you;
                  Land without rent to you,
                  And death in Eirinn.

Here's a toast to your enemies' enemies!

When we drink, we get drunk.
                  When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
                  When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
                  When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
                  So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

Here's to a long life and a merry one.
                  A quick death and an easy one.
                  A pretty girl and an honest one.
                  A cold beer—and another one!

Here's to our wives and girlfriends:
                  May they never meet!

Comment

Caffeine-free Coke with a lemon slice.

If I'm feeling adventurous, a Shirley Temple.
                    * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
                    - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Have several, right now it's any Vanilla vodka and orange juice. I just stumbled on to this because my girlfriend is having men issues and was looking for a cheap night out since she and I don't get paid until tomorrow. I went through most of the posts on the other site. I have to say, the Round Table in Kailua is the best, the other one's in the hotels are not as good. Andy's in Kailua is gone, there is only Byron's near the airport for a good slush float now. Is there any Hawaiian food places that are opened on Sundays? Young's in Kalihi, and the other place on Kapahulu Ave are both closed on Sundays. Anybody remember Smitty's? Gotta go help a girl in need right now, can't wait to see the response tomorrow.

Comment

Kimo...

That's a pretty good one.

Ahhh...

Brings back memories when I use to drink.

My drinks way back then was:

Iced beer, fuzzy navel, & shnops.

The Iced Beer went well with mexican food.

All I drink now, is anything that is Non Alcoholic Beverages.

Aloha.
                        Aches & Pains
                        (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

i stick with beer usually. harp is great. i also like stouts (guiness and beamish). but i'll drink any kind of beer, especially if someone else is buying!

Comment

Sauza Tres Generaciones or White Star...

Comment

So scared about getting the "hairy eyeball' again tomorrow that I do believe I will reach for that tequila....how many times does it take to figure out someone is in chronic non-malignant pain, and why oh why do they give you these questionnaires that contradict themselves....I usually drink when I am happy...but a 'good' therapy session for the therapist sends me running for oblivion...that can't be right, and I know I am not alone. How can we fix the way those people observe the hanging-on-by-their-fingernails? Well, my fingernails...little do they know, I adore so much around me, I do not live by Sauza alone...and I will not fall apart to justify their usual case study. Matter of fact, I think I will stay together just to spite the expected outcome...Poor fragile hearts that still believe another human has all the answers...
                              No wonder Marilyn Monroe needed a few million bubbles to lift her spirits (no pun intended) out the door to be adored, dissected, criticized and lionized, in the space of moments...uh-oh, this blonde is blue...time for Sauza...the drink of John Wayne! (Knew the family that delivered his favorite to his delight in Newport....he was quite a guy....where are those guys? Oh, that's right. They are disappearing in front of our eyes...must live up to them a little...they deserve that, yes?
                              Last edited by prettyday; March 17, 2005, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by prettyday
                                So scared about getting the "hairy eyeball' again tomorrow that I do believe I will reach for that tequila....how many times does it take to figure out someone is in chronic non-malignant pain, and why oh why do they give you these questionnaires that contradict themselves....I usually drink when I am happy...but a 'good' therapy session for the therapist sends me running for oblivion...that can't be right, and I know I am not alone.
                                Do you have fibromyalgia? They have several good support groups for that disorder. I know a while back they thought chronic pain/fatigue was psychological, but now they have discovered that it does have some physical aspects which may be treatable. I have a friend who finally was diagnosed with FMS while living up here who moved to Maui and is doing really really well. Most of her symptoms have gone away.

Miulang
                                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X