What's Yer Poison?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Yer Poison?

Hey. Drinks are on me. What are you having?

I'll start off with a shot of Dewars, neat.
    You?
    Last edited by scrivener; January 24, 2005, 09:58 PM.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Re: What's Yer Poison?

Originally posted by scrivener
    Hey. Drinks are on me. What do you normally order?

I'll start off with a shot of Dewars, neat.
    You?

Hinano

maitai at Chuck's or Buzzes waikiki or at La Mariana
    (no where else; others are not worthy)

Pitcher of da beer du jour at magoo's.

Bombay Blue Sapphire and tonic.

very dry ketel one martini

merlot
    (most any will do.)

dry white.

(yes, these are the usual. in rotation of course as per the mood, company and accompanying comestibles.)
    Last edited by kimo55; January 24, 2005, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Crown Royal or Royal Salute over ice & water in an frosted wine glass... Mahalo!
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Any decent single malt scotch on the rocks (Bunahaben, Laphfroaig, etc).
        Mixed drinks: Kir royale, peach bellinis
        Apperitif: campari and soda on the rocks with a twist
        Wine: my vineyard's chardonnay, fume blanc, merlot or syrah (Silver Lake Winery), depending on what I'm eating.
        Champagne (the real stuff from France)

(Hic!)

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I don't drink, but if I did, I'd like to think I'd stick with something dry, strong, and clear, taken on the rocks but otherwise straight. Realistically, it'd probably just be a bottle of Corona.

Comment

Double Absolut Mandarin and Cranberry (juice), no ice, with a lime--in a short glass with a straw.

Seriously!

Otherwise, I'm probably more of a wine drinker these days...though in the past it was all about the Jager shots for drinking efficiency! Ah, those good ol' college days...

Comment

Right now I've got a bottle of Maker's Mark that I'm sipping through, one neat glass at a time. Yum.

A while ago I lunched at Palomino and was persuaded by the waiter to try one of their mixed drinks that was really good, but for the life of me I can't remember anything about it except that it came in a martini glass and was a little on the fruity side. Am I out of luck in trying to figure out what I drank?

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                Right now I've got a bottle of Maker's Mark that I'm sipping through, one neat glass at a time. Yum.
                wow. kentucky burbon handmade whisky. da breakfast of champions...
                hey. when the bottle has allotta air in it, can you post something then? wanna see what ya have ta say!

A while ago I lunched at Palomino and was persuaded by the waiter to try one of their mixed drinks that was really good, but for the life of me I can't remember anything about it except that it came in a martini glass and was a little on the fruity side. Am I out of luck in trying to figure out what I drank?

a favorite place o mine. go there again and ask what it was.

Comment

Ho Kimo, hold on, brah! When I say I'm going through that bottle "right now", I mean "over the past several weeks, one shot glass every other day or so". Not "right now, and I gon' finish by lunchtime"!

Comment

Fruity martinis are the rage nowadays, so it really could have been any of the new popular drinks or something the bartender created. A standard order now is a Cosmopolitan:

2 tablespoons of Vodka
                    1½ tablespoons of Cointreau (Triple sec)
                    1½ tablespoons of Cranberry juice
                    2 teaspoons of freshly squeezed lime juice
                    crushed ice
                    twist of lime

If you've got a few things at home, try my invention--the Tangeriney-Tini:

the juice of one tangerine
                    a shot of Ketel One Citroen vodka
                    several sprigs of mint
                    a teaspoon (or so) of sugar

Shake vigorously with lots of ice and strain into martini glass (or do what I do and sip it from a wine glass).
                    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

If you've got a few things at home, try my invention--the Tangeriney-Tini:

I just can't for the life of me imagine sidling up to a bar and ask the barkeep for any kinda drink with a name containing "hyphen Tini"

"yo. bruddah. I'll have a tan djuh reeeny - teenee"

nooo!

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                        I just can't for the life of me imagine sidling up to a bar and ask the barkeep for any kinda drink with a name containing "hyphen Tini"
                        Yeah, well, I invented it to impress women. They LOVE saying "tangeriney-tini." At least, in my imagination they do. It's also a nice, sweet, non-threatening drink you can mix up for women who don't like to taste the alcohol very much. And you can't argue with my choice of vodkas!

Anyway, try it. It's quite good.
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Yeah, well, I invented it to impress women. They LOVE saying "tangeriney-tini." At least, in my imagination they do. It's also a nice, sweet, non-threatening drink you can mix up for women who don't like to taste the alcohol very much. And you can't argue with my choice of vodkas!

Anyway, try it. It's quite good.
                          can i rename it the velvet sledgehammer?
                          thanx.

Francis Bacon

Comment

Glen:
                            Maybe it was their famous Mojito? Did it have rum in it? My favorite Palomino drink (which I think they've taken off the menu) was something called a "Pallini"...It was very similar to this recipe (http://www.barmandrinks.com/blendeda...ini-drink.html) but I think they also added crushed fresh peaches too. Man, that stuff was soooo ono!

Recipe for Mojito:
                            http://www.islandflave.com/recipes/mojito.shtml

Miulang

Ya know, the concept for Palomino started here in Seattle (the chain is owned by Restaurants Unlimited Inc.) who have since gone on to start a string of Zoopas (do you guys have any of these yet...they're salad bar/carboload all you can eat places...I suspect this would go over great in Hawaii) and they used to own Cinnabon, too.
                            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Miulang, those both sound good, but they weren't the one I had. Now that I'm thinking about it, I think it had some kind of berry-flavored liqueur in it. I guess I'll have to do what Kimo says and go back to find it again. Oh, the hardship.

Comment

Working...
                              X