Glazed donuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glazed donuts

Where on Oahu can I get the best glazed donuts? Soft, light, melt in your mouth kind. Thanks!

Re: Glazed donuts

Aw, heck yeah. Here's a topic I get into.

I don't exactly like the melt-in-your-mouth sort you describe, so perhaps I'm not your best source. But Liliha Bakery's glazed doughnut is a thing of beauty, and there's one at Regal Bakery that has candied bacon on it. Oh yum.

Those would be my two recommendations. I like them with a bit more heft, and slightly eggy, like a malasada, but not so dense as to emulate a cake doughnut.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Roddee View Post
      Where on Oahu can I get the best glazed donuts? Soft, light, melt in your mouth kind. Thanks!
      You REALLY DON'T want to know..... Unless you're ready to join Weight Watchers.
      Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
      ~ ~
      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Yes I do. Anything that can compare to the old Winchell's donuts is worth obesity. I doubt they will. Crispy Creme was a joke.
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

It is worth noting that certain glazes may contain components known to promote internal production of endocannabinoids. This may lead to a condition called the munchies.

Comment

Call HPD . . . someone there MUST know the answer to a doughnut question.

Comment

Damn Napoleons in Zippys had pretty good donuts. . .never had a plain though, but man they had this peanut butter cup chocolate donut that was nothing short of amazing.

I would prefer a malasada over that any day of the week though. . .Leonards was so. damn. goooood.
              flickr

An email from God:
              To: People of Earth
              Date: 9/04/2007
              Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
              God

Comment

The worst is Love's dounuts that taste like it's a week old, hard to swallow, and drench with powdered sugar.

Comment

Best glazed donuts??? Kamehameha Bakery on north school st near houghtailing, lots of parking in back lot...enter from houghtailing st..here since 1978, but thought from 1977 as I used to live about 100 yards away...prices are posted on the wall..small ordering area though, but prices are quite low!

Comment

They open at 2am...for a few years in the early/middle 1980s, they operated another outlet on liliha st., just ewa across the st from mcD liliha...

Comment

I'm a big fan of Kamehameha Bakery, mostly for the convenience (open at 2:00 a.m. and just down the street from me) and price. Malasadas and doughnuts are considerably cheaper there than at Liliha. However, they're a little bit smaller and not quite as tasty as at Liliha. If you have to buy a lot (like when it's your turn for doughnut day at work), hit Kamehameha. But if you just need one delicious, lovely glazed doughnut, Liliha's the better bet.
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                        The worst is Love's dounuts that taste like it's a week old, hard to swallow, and drench with powdered sugar.
                        Does Love's make a glazed doughnut? Most of what I've seen is cake doughnuts, not yeast doughnuts such as glazed doughnuts usually are.
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

http://www.delish.com/food/recalls-r...l-doughnut-day

Have another donut!

Comment

Working...
                          X