White Rice Alternatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: White Rice Alternatives

I'm sticking to white rice and cutting back on processed foods. Hey, if my ancestors lived into their 80s or longer for so many generations with 3 meals/day with rice, it can't be that bad!
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
      Sue, I think that's a heck of an idea. Then I have more control over the proportion of stuff I really like vs. the stuff I only kind of like. I think I'll investigate this to see if it's more cost-effective too. Thanks!
      Bulk should be more cost effective. That's one of its main purposes.

Kokua has herbs and spices in bulk, too, which I love. I can buy as little as I want instead of the typical, costly bottle that ends up being tossed, 3/4 full, years later!

ETA: Lots of recent media attention given to the amount of arsenic in rice plus new recommendations on how much and how often to consume and how to cook so as to reduce the arsenic. Google is your friend!
      Last edited by tutusue; October 14, 2012, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        Google is your friend!
        HA! I'm addicted to Google and I am looking for an alternative. How can 100 gabillion Asians be wrong about rice? If I can't eat rice in moderation, you might as well put me in the box now!
        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
          HA! I'm addicted to Google and I am looking for an alternative. How can 100 gabillion Asians be wrong about rice? If I can't eat rice in moderation, you might as well put me in the box now!
          I think "in moderation" is fine. It's 3 times a day, 7 days a week that could possibly be a problem.

Comment

Right. I still plan to have white rice on occasion; what I'm looking for is something better, not perhaps for three meals a day, seven days a week, but maybe once daily or thereabouts. Or maybe once every other? I don't know. Were there no negative consequences, I'd have white rice two to three times every day. That's pretty much what I did for most of my life.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-ric...155511148.html

What can brown do for you?

Comment

Cauliflower rice is what I have been eating lately.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

What can't a potato be? | Honolulu Star-Advertiser (staradvertiser.com)

Potato, potato, Who is the rotten potato?

Comment

Letting rice cool before eating can help prevent blood sugar spikes, small study suggests (yahoo.com)

Hot puff rice.

Comment

Is Brown Rice Really Healthier Than White Rice? (yahoo.com)

You will get used to the taste and texture difference.

Comment

Working...
                      X