Cake Noodles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cake Noodles

Can anyone direct me to a website that has a cake noodle recipe? This is my favorite comfort food.

Aloha
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: Cake Noodles

Mmm. I don't know how to make it, but I sure love it. I think my wife's number one Chinese dish is oyster sauce chicken with ong choi or choi sum on cake noodle.

Dammit, it's only 7 a.m. and I'm hungry!

Comment

Also don't know how to make it, however it is one of my favorites, especially w/chili sauce instead of mustard. I know of places that make it well and pretty inexpensively for lunch. Kaimuki Chop Suey on Waialae Avenue is a good one for Oyster Sauce Chicken on Cake Noodle. The Buffet at the Stadium Mall (next to Ice Palace) has cake noodle on their buffet. I believe it's about $7. Boy...I'm getting hungry too...
      Whoa, Mista Buss Driva, eh, you can stop the buss o wat?

Comment

I saw a cake-noodle recipe online somewhere, so I'll take a look for it tomorrow and see if I can dig it up. I believe you cook the chow mein first and then press it down into hot oil, using two same-sized pans, one for pressing down upon the other.

My two favorite cake-noodle places are Liu's (formerly Silver Dragon) in Kam Shopping Center and Kin Wah in Kaneohe. Kin Wah gets bonus points for serving one-and-a-half-sized portions--perfect for days when you and your date are especially hungry, but not THAT hungry!

Runners-up would be McCully Chop Sui at McCully and King, and Pauoa Chop Suey at the corner of Pacific Heights and Pauoa.

Beef Choi Sum w/ Cake Noodle is one of my favorite, favorite meals.

I don't know if you ever considered this, but if you ever need to order it to go, and it might be a while before you get to it, try ordering the cake noodles separate from the beef choi sum (or the beef broccoli, or whatever). The cake noodle stays crispy and dry until you're ready to heat up the rest of the meal and pour it on top. Yum.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Aww man KinWah's cake noodles rock! I dunno it seems like they make it crispier than some other places. I'm gonna try something maybe this weekend. My wife has this thing its like one of those George Foreman hamburger grill thingys but its not... its more for making sealed toasted sandwiches or something. But I wonder if you can make cake noodles with that? You don't find out if you don't try right?

Comment

Here's a simple recipe for Chinese cake noodles. You basically cook saimin noodles and then fry them.

Fried Chinese Cake Noodles
            2 lbs cooked saimin style noodles 3 tbs vegetable oil Boil noodles and drain. Heat oil in a separate pan. When oil is hot, add boiled noodles and press down hard. Fry the noodles like a pancake until golden brown.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Mahalo ! I will see if it works .
              Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
              Flickr

Comment

I found dis recipe from dis website!

http://cookbook.rin.ru/cookbook_e/recipes/56726830.html

But I'll post it here anywayz!

Boneless minute chicken cake noodle

Ingredients:

1/2 lb or 2 packs of saimin
                1/2 lb boneless (fresh island) chicken
                1/2 lb choi sum
                1 can chicken or pork broth
                1 tsp garlic, chopped
                1 tsp.onion, chopped
                1/4 tsp sugar
                cornstarch
                shoyu
                sesame oil
                white pepper
                oyster sauce
                cooking wine
                vegetable oil

Directions:
                1. Boil the saimin for about 10-15 seconds. Take it out of the water and lay it flat in a frying pan. Add 2-3 Tbs. vegetable oil and fry for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown on each side. When done, cut into square pieces and lay flat on a plate.

2. In a frying pan, boil 1/2 can of chicken or pork broth. Add the choy sum, salt, oyster sauce and shoyu. To thicken, mix cornstarch with water and add to sauce. Wen done, pour over the cake noodle.

3. Place the chicken pieces in a bowl. Add 1/8 tsp. cornstarch, 1/8 tsp. sesame oil, dash of white pepper, 1/4 tsp. shoyu and dash of cooking wine. Marinade all together. In a frying pan, add 2 Tbs. vegetable oil. Fry the marinated chicken on low heat for about 5 minutes or until golden brown, then remove from pan. Start again with 2 tsp. vegetable oil in pan, saute 1 tsp. garlic, add the chicken, 1/8 tsp. sugar, dash of cooking wine, 1/8 tsp. shoyu and dash of soup stock. Garnish with green onion. When done, place chicken on top of the choy sum with gravy.

I just tried it out last night with a whole fryer chicken from Costco. It was about 4-5 lbs. Tyson brand I think it was. I chopped up the chicken chinese style and marinated the pieces. Fried till crispy skinned and followed up with the rest of the recipe and came out excellent!!

Now you can callem Oyster Sauce Chicken Cake Noodle!!
                Reggie aka pinakboy
                Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
                Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                Recipe Tube TV!
                Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Best Deal and quality Oystersauce Chicken Cake Noodle at Fairwood Drive Inn!!

Fairwood Drive Inn
                  815 Keeaumoku Street
                  Telephone: 808.943.2688

Under $6 a plate and choke chicken and cake noodle!! seems like half a whole chicken!!! woooooo hooooooo!!!
                  Reggie aka pinakboy
                  Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                  Recipe Tube TV!
                  Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

those cheap nissin ramen noodles that are sold everywhere is good to make crispy cake noodle!!

jus boilem in water like da directions on da package, drain and rinse in cold water. makem al dente eh, no ovacookem bumbye fall apart and break easy.

jus get ur frying pan and put oil insai. gettem hot den grab your ramen and fryem about 5-7mins per side den use your spatula to turnem ova. pressem down tight so da bugga come like one "cake".

make shua no burn! makem nice and brown on both sides. drain on paper towel den transfer to server platter. go make your oyster sauce with garlic, choi sum, won bok and green onion. slice up your ready made char siu from chinatown and u gettem.

put da char siu on da cake noodle and pour da oystersauce gravy and veggies on da cake noodle!!

dea u go all pau and ready fo grind!! :9 mmmmmmmmmmmmm
                    Reggie aka pinakboy
                    Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                    Recipe Tube TV!
                    Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Working...
                    X