Any lunchwagon connoissuers here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any lunchwagon connoissuers here?

Hey, anapuni808, I just ate at the Italian place there on Tuesday!

Nice write-up, Pomai! I stay hungry! (Quite an accomplishment with a guy with a cold.) I noticed in this thread, back in May of 2004, I mentioned Tani's, and wondered how they were doing. Well, an excellent write-up by Kim Lehano was posted at Oceanic's site last month. I just might have to go out of my way to enjoy their food again.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
      Tsukenjo's!
      Ward and da kine.
      My favorite too! Long ago I used to work at the Blaisdell and every day, yes every day a group of us would make the trek down Ward Ave. to get lunch. Of course that's when they parked in the "old" spot. I still stop by when I can. Been the first customer of the day many times. HaHa!
      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
        Nixon (da' guy behind.. he owns the lunchwagon) gives a big shaka
        while he proclaims:
        I... am NOT a crook!
        I am da cook!

Comment

Originally posted by hkplayer
          this is a side topic, but i wish i could start one myself and live off that for the rest of my life on the island(s) :wink:
          I have truly considered it and may yet set up a lunchwagon in Fiji. If I get back there to live and am still young enough to drive.
          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808
            Hi - this is not a lunchwagon, but for anyone downtown in Bishop/Hotel St. area: try the Remington College Building...Indian...too.
            INDIAN?!?!?! Tell me more, please!

So far I've only found ONE Indian restaurant I'd recommend to others.

Boy do I miss REAL Indian food...

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
              So far I've only found ONE Indian restaurant I'd recommend to others.
              Do tell! I've tried a couple and pretty much gave up figuring I was tossing money away. If you prefer not to say in public, send me a message. Craving some navratan korma and pulav as I write...

Comment

HI - it's called Komala Curry House. and everyday, I see many Indian/Pakistani customers. Their food is very good with about 6-8 choices everyday. The couple who own it are Indian themselves so the food is authentic. I love their lamb curry.

Fran
                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Komala Curry House has korma everyday.

Fran
                  "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

R.I.P. Tsukenjo Lunchwagon

FYI, I just called Tsukenjo Lunch House, and the owner told me they recently SOLD the lunch wagon! So no more Tsukenjo lunchwagon. Only get da' lunch house. Noooooooo!

Tsukenjo Lunchwagon has been at that Queen and Ward location, like, forever.

Another landmark Honolulu lunchwagon goes into the history books.
                    Last edited by Pomai; January 4, 2008, 09:27 AM.
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Re: R.I.P. Tsukenjo Lunchwagon

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                      FYI, I just called Tsukenjo Lunch House, and the owner told me they recently SOLD the lunch wagon! So no more Tsukenjo lunchwagon. Only get da' lunch house. Noooooooo!

Tsukenjo Lunchwagon has been at that Queen and Ward location, like, forever.

Another landmark Honolulu lunchwagon goes into the history books.
                      My stomach just officially went into mourning.
                      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                      We're not here to mess around
                      Boston, you know we love you madly
                      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                      You know we couldn't live without you
                      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Working...
                      X