• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glen Miyashiro
    replied
    Re: Best bento

Originally posted by kukui_nut
    Where is this at?
    Mitsu-Ken is on School Street, about a block diamond head of the Houghtailing intersection. They have killer garlic chicken, but the parking is terrible. Be prepared to wait in line.

Leave a comment:

• kukui_nut
    replied

Originally posted by easTTriver
    mitsuken...
    Where is this at?

Leave a comment:

• Timster
    replied

Whoa, if you guys' like da Zip Pac from Zips.....try 'em wit' Teri Sauce on da rice!!! Even mo' brok' da mout! I alwayz oda mine li'dat!

Leave a comment:

• slickvic
    replied

Originally posted by easTTriver
    mitsuken...
    I love Mitsuken, but there is this place in Ward Warehouse on the ground level that makes a really badass bento. I forget the name though. I wish I could remember, the food is sooo good over there!

-vic

Leave a comment:

• easTTriver
    replied

mitsuken...

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied

For the real deal, Okata Bento in Kaimuki. Here's a KHNL segment on 'em. If I want to get all fancy, Kaka`ako Kitchen at Ward Centre. (If those can qualify as bento.) Otherwise, I confess, for the quick-and-easy, Zippy's Surf Paks and Zip Paks often fit the bill just fine.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

I can't remember the last time I brought a bento for myself but the last time I ate (which someone else brought) came from Zippys.
    Last edited by helen; May 22, 2004, 06:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• adrian
    started a topic Best bento

Best bento

Where do you go for your bento?

There's a place in Waipahu, called "K's Bento-Ya", nestled amongst Jenny's drive in (used to be called Diner's) and Jack In the Box, along Farrington Hwy.

They offer two bentos (do they still have them?), one regular, and one w/ shrimp, spam, and other goodies.

I don't remember what's in them, but their teriyaki chicken is the best.
Working...
X