What food would you never eat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What food would you never eat?

I once saw a program about grisly ethnic foods and one food that really grossed me out was the Filipino baloot (?) , a fully formed chicken fetus that is hard-boiled and served within the shell? Ugggggggghh. I can't imagine biting into that. The texture, bones crunching, feathers stuck in your teeth. I think I'm gonna abort...

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
      No WAY would I eat that half-formed duck fetus thing the Filipinos eat, whatever that's called (starts with a "b"?). Eeew!
      Balut?

I never tasted it myself, but I made so many jokes about it during easter time, that I don't want to experience it myself.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
        No WAY would I eat that half-formed duck fetus thing the Filipinos eat, whatever that's called
        wow. that's sound really daffy.

Comment

Balut - have to agree there.

Actually, I'm a notoriously picky eater, but I've found that, when in Hawai`i, I'm more willing to try new foods at least once. (I never ate raw fish in any form before having ahi poke, which is now one of my favorite foods.)

There is a Japanese belief that, for every new food you try, you add 72 days on to your life. Thanks to family and friends in the Islands, I've been given at least another 6 or 7 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
            There is a Japanese belief that, for every new food you try, you add 72 days on to your life. Thanks to family and friends in the Islands, I've been given at least another 6 or 7 years.
            If that belief is true, then I'm gonna be as old as Methuselah.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
              I love curry, Helen! Tell why you don't eat it! (I hope I still love the world's curries after I read your explanation!).
              It's the smell that gets to me. I have eaten curry a couple of times and I know it doesn't kill me, however it's way, way on the bottom of the list of things I eat.

And I don't hold it against a person if they say they love curry.

Comment

That's good. I love curry. Wow, some of these foods you guys have mentioned, I didn't realize were foods. I'm mostly with Kimo and Miulang: no wierd organs, no potential pets, no rodents that eat garbage, no poisonous blowfish. Of course, if forced, all of those would probably taste better if swimming in a nice yellow Indian curry!

Comment

Foods that I would never knowingly eat: bagong, black dog, dog, cat, insects, beets, that salty black Chinese egg....
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I would never, ever, ever eat BALUT!Yuk!

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                      I would never, ever, ever eat BALUT!Yuk!

Auntie Lynn
                      I DID eat balut. Ha !! It was a chicken one, NOT da duck one.

Just shows to go ya, that I would eat "almost" any thing yeah ?

Heh, heh, heh.

Comment

Originally posted by TurquoiseDuck
                        I DID eat balut. Ha !! It was a chicken one, NOT da duck one.

Just shows to go ya, that I would eat "almost" any thing yeah ?

Heh, heh, heh.
                        How could you...YUKKY..THINGY!
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                          How could you...YUKKY..THINGY!

*ROTF*

Comment

NATTO! Too Stringy and Stink. My mom makes her own with a electric blanket to keep it warm and fermented. Yukky!
                            Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                            Flickr

Comment

I don't watch NBC TV's "Fear Factor" but on their website they have a long article about getting balut. Oh geez... I guess they forced their contestants to eat this stuff in an episode.... so the question is, for a million bucks would anyone eat this stuff?

http://www.nbc.com/Fear_Factor/stunt...03_balut.shtml
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Interesting thread. I just survived 3 weeks in China and Tibet without eating anything too gross or unusual, though I did enjoy yak curry in Lhasa. What I would never eat(knowingly):

Rabbit
                                Organ meats
                                Balut
                                Insects
                                Brussels sprouts
                                Lima beans

For the record I adore curry(the real Indian deal, hotter the better!)

Comment

Working...
                                X