Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: Disappearing establishments

hi one place i do miss was garden house is they once fixed our weedeater and now our weedeater isnt working so if we may wish to either fix our's or trade it in for a new one,my mom and second sis would go to sand island to aloha power equipment and my mom would then either trade our's in or get a new weedeater.

well thank's for your time

Leave a comment:

• Kalihiboy
    replied

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    I never heard about the PH in Waikiki previously closing down. From the time of its grand opening, it's always been at the old Mitsukoshi building.

There was a PH in Lahaina, which closed down about 10 years ago.
    What I mean is I thought it was closed temporarily when it changed ownership circa 2001 or so?

Leave a comment:

• Frankie's Market
    replied

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
    PBN reporting that Planet Hollywood will close in Waikiki next week when its lease runs out.
    Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
    Hasn't this closed once before and re-opened?
    I never heard about the PH in Waikiki previously closing down. From the time of its grand opening, it's always been at the old Mitsukoshi building.

There was a PH in Lahaina, which closed down about 10 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    Was the food here better than at Down to Earth from across the street?
    yes, it was much better - with the added advantage of not being run by a cult.

Leave a comment:

• Kalihiboy
    replied

PBN reporting that Planet Hollywood will close in Waikiki next week when its lease runs out.
    Hasn't this closed once before and re-opened?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

hi this is sansei and i do miss former restaurant the wisteria,they had the best tendon and when my deceased father took us there and i ordered tendon,it was good

it's not good that they had to close wisteria is that was my most favorite japanese restaurant.

well thank's for your time

Leave a comment:

• Kimo
    replied

Erika reports in this morning's Star Bulletin that Well Bento is closing:

http://www.starbulletin.com/business...er_bentos.html

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

Originally posted by niimo View Post
    Well Bento is closing sometime this month, heard it straight from the owner.
    Was the food here better than at Down to Earth from across the street?

Leave a comment:

• Kimo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• niimo
    replied

Well Bento is closing sometime this month, heard it straight from the owner.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-well-bento-honolulu

It breaks my heart!! One of my all time favorite places..

Leave a comment:

• Kimo
    replied

Should this go under disappearing est., when it's actually sort of coming back? From Erika at the Star Bull:

http://www.starbulletin.com/business..._now_open.html

Leave a comment:

• Kimo
    replied

Dave Shapiro writes in this morning's Advertiser about a possible future for Patti's Chinese Kitchen - and other restaurant memories:

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...hen+may+revive

Leave a comment:

• Menehune Man
    replied

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    A few months back I wrote about the new Manalani's Restaurant in Kahaluu, just past the Hygenic Store and the Sunshine Art Gallery headed north on Kam Highway. Supposedly awesome plate lunches, and the owners even jumped in and posted here on HT a couple of times.
    Well, I've been meaning to post that it's been closed for a few months already. Realtors sign out in front, and looking through the chain-link fence you can see that nothing has been touched there for a long time.
    Bummer. I never even had a chance to try it.
    For some reason... parking maybe? That spot doesn't seem to be able to maintain a business. Remember the choice tacos?
    Hope I have the same area in mind.

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

A few months back I wrote about the new Manalani's Restaurant in Kahaluu, just past the Hygenic Store and the Sunshine Art Gallery headed north on Kam Highway. Supposedly awesome plate lunches, and the owners even jumped in and posted here on HT a couple of times.
    Well, I've been meaning to post that it's been closed for a few months already. Realtors sign out in front, and looking through the chain-link fence you can see that nothing has been touched there for a long time.
    Bummer. I never even had a chance to try it.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Happened a couple of months ago if I recall correctly - they ran big headlines in their newspaper ads announcing closeouts and closing. But if you don't read the paper . . .
    Bingo! Not the hard copy.
    Originally posted by helen View Post
    This thread exist in the Kaukau Korner sub-forum so more than likey this would be about places that sells food, either you eat at the site, or take out it or bring it home to make it.

There is another thread in another sub-forum that discusses the closures of other types of businesses.
    I never noticed this thread was in Kaukau Korner, Helen. Thanks for the heads up. I know I've seen other posts about disappearing businesses other than restaurants. The thread, "Disappearing businesses", that you link to was started a couple of weeks ago. Where might I have seen non-food related closures over the past few years?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X