• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LikaNui
    replied
    Re: Disappearing establishments

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
    The building at the corner of Haiku Rd/Lilipuna Rd and Kamehameha Hwy across from Windward Mall is gone. Demolished. Not sure what it was called last, but I think it was a Times Coffee Shop at one point.
    Originally posted by Pomai View Post
    I'll be in Kaneohe this coming week, and if it's what you said it is, that would be the original FARRELL's Restaurant location, which was erected after replacing Don Ho's mother's place called HONEY'S.
    Originally posted by alohacandy View Post
    A bank is going up at that site.
    Pomai and AC are right.
    After it was Honey's (which is now at Ko`olau Golf Course) it was called The Ko`olau Ranch House and had live Hawaiian music on weekends. After that closed it became the Times Coffee Shop, and was just torn down last month and the new building will be a Central Pacific Bank.
    And AC, are you sure that Times opened in Temple Valley? I drove by a few weeks ago and it looked like they hadn't opened for business yet, even though they've had the location for several months. When I drove by there was some kind of notice on the door, but I didn't stop to see what was up.

Leave a comment:

• Kalihiboy
    replied

Originally posted by sansei View Post
    hi this is sansei and i learned last week while coming home on the bus where across ross's store and long's drug's that they had a pizza hut/taco bell was once there,well now that place is closed and not know what's going to be there and i still do miss the wisteria restaurant is they had the best tendon shrimp tempura on rice and it was all yum!

well thank's for your time
    The one on Hotel Street if that is the one your referring to has been closed for about a year.

Aj

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

hi this is sansei and i learned last week while coming home on the bus where across ross's store and long's drug's that they had a pizza hut/taco bell was once there,well now that place is closed and not know what's going to be there and i still do miss the wisteria restaurant is they had the best tendon shrimp tempura on rice and it was all yum!

well thank's for your time

Leave a comment:

• alohacandy
    replied

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
    You can add another one to the list. This one in Kaneohe. The building at the corner of Haiku Rd/Lilipuna Rd and Kamehameha Hwy across from Windward Mall is gone. Demolished.

Not sure what it was called last, but I think it was a Times Coffee Shop at one point.
    A bank is going up at that site. The good news is that Times Coffee Shop is now open at the Koolau Center across from Valley of the Temples.

Leave a comment:

• integlspwr
    replied

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
    The Taco Bell/Pizza Hut combo restaurant at Ala Moana closed?

Aj
    that is correct. no more toxic hell or pizza hut anymore at ala mo.

Leave a comment:

• Kalihiboy
    replied

The Taco Bell/Pizza Hut combo restaurant at Ala Moana closed?

Aj

Leave a comment:

• AbsolutChaos
    replied

Originally posted by helen View Post
    Oh bummer, it was there in January tho. I wondered if got moved to the Food Court area?
    I was wondering that same thing. So I actually went to the Food Court right after realizing Taco Bell wasn't in its usual place, and I was saddened to learn there was no Taco Bell there...

:-(

I even checked the little mall map, in case I was delusional...yup...Taco Bell's gone from that place, and so far hasn't relocated elsewhere in the mall.

Leave a comment:

• integlspwr
    replied

I Love Sushi in Kaimuki has closed..

1126 Koko Head Ave
    Honolulu, HI 96816
    (808) 737-3999

http://www.yelp.com/biz/i-love-sushi-honolulu

http://media.www.kaleo.org/media/sto...-3415671.shtml

Leave a comment:

• integlspwr
    replied

Zaneys restaurant in Downtown has closed also.

http://onokinegrindz.typepad.com/ono..._restaura.html

http://www.yelp.com/biz/zaneys-restaurant-honolulu

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos View Post
    Had a Taco Bell craving while at Ala Moana Center last week, but it's gone too.
    Oh bummer, it was there in January tho. I wondered if got moved to the Food Court area?

Leave a comment:

• AbsolutChaos
    replied

I didn't do the most thorough of searches, so my apologies if these have already been mentioned:

--Drove by India House on King St. It definitely looks closed.
    --Had a Taco Bell craving while at Ala Moana Center last week, but it's gone too.

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

You beat me by six minutes, Pomai.
    And man, if both Brew Moon and Nick's Fishmarket can't survive in this economy, then... yikes!!!

Leave a comment:

• Pomai
    replied

Breaking news has it that Nick's Fishmarket in Waikiki is joining this list.

This adds to Brew Moon in Ward Center who closed their doors yesterday.

KHON2's (video) news report.

Leave a comment:

• Creative-1
    replied

Yama Chan looked closed last week when I walked by across the street (King near Piikoi).

A Grubb & Elis sign was in the window. Anyone know
    what's up?

Leave a comment:

• GeckoGeek
    replied

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
    HONEY'S
    I think that's it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X