Disappearing eating establishments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Disappearing establishments

i herd Kakaako kitchen is the next one to close.

Comment

Originally posted by integlspwr View Post
      i herd Kakaako kitchen is the next one to close.
      That's too bad. However, I've heard from several friends and long-time fans of the place that the food has gone downhill lately. One friend complained that her fish dish, the one that was her fave on the menu, was very badly cooked the last time she went. Another friend noted that they were skimping on the bread on the grilled portabello mushroom sandwich, plus they were also lessening the amount of mushroom. The both noted the removal of long-time menu items. There are all usually bad signs.

Comment

Farrell's looks like their going down soon.

and wendys wahiwa also?

Comment

Haleiwa Supermarket is closing.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
            I hope someone gets some photos of it. It's the type of thing people don't think to do - until it's gone.

Comment

Looks like the economic meltdown has claimed another victim: Down To Earth's store on Makawao.

http://www.starbulletin.com/business...its_doors.html
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Sandy's cafe closing

EDIT: Oops, this is an old article. I thought it was new!

Comment

Cisco's Cantina in Kailua close there was a star bulletin article but I can't find it right now. Pretty bummed about that, it was a great place to get some mexican food.
                  Aloha!
                  Erik
                  More Hawaii travel info at Aloha Update - Hawaii Travel Blog

Comment

Farrell's looks like their going down soon.

and wendys wahiwa also?
                    I know of the Farrell's in Windward Mall, is there one in Pearlridge as well? I've heard they wanted to expand to Waikiki and Ala Moana.

Aj

Comment

E&O Trading company closing this week end.

Comment

E&O Trading company closing this week end.
                        They had a really nice happy hour. I liked their food a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
                          They had a really nice happy hour. I liked their food a lot.
                          E&O had a nice happy hour. Problem was, their "happy hour" catered to the under-21 crowd. I know for a fact that they had a private room for underage patrons.

It's no secret that E&O's emergence in Ward Center gradually cut into Brew Moon's business and eventually led to its demise earlier this month. The timing of E&O's closing,.... hmmm, I wonder if the growing rumors of liquor license violations has anything to do with the decision to close now.
                          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                            E&O had a nice happy hour. Problem was, their "happy hour" catered to the under-21 crowd. I know for a fact that they had a private room for underage patrons.

The timing of E&O's closing,.... hmmm, I wonder if the growing rumors of liquor license violations has anything to do with the decision to close now.
                            I remember being excited when they first opened their doors--I'd heard about their "Indian-influenced" menu. But when I actually tried their food...no comment. Well, ok. I'll say this--OVER PRICED and UNDER-SEASONED and not even remotely Indian in taste!!! The only things I enjoyed on their menu were the pupus.

I loved their atmosphere during happy hour--loved those discounted pupus!!! I have a weakness for Indonesian decor, too. It's very Indian-influenced. And I'll miss that, for sure. And I'm definitely OVER 21 by a significant amount, btw...went to many a young professionals mixer that catered more to the older 20s/30s crowd at that location.

I must admit, however, that I've not been there within the last three months. Perhaps things have changed...? In any case, I was surprised the place lasted as long as it did. It always looked pretty empty during non-happy hour times. As for my crowd, it was more of a first-stop destination anyway. Definitely not the place to linger once happy hr ended. Gotta love tha economy!

But it shure wuz purty...sigh. Miss places that are asthetically pleasing...it's all about the urban vibe these days. Blah.

Comment

More signs of a troubled economy: The Hilton Hawaiian Village has announced that both the Village Steak & Seafood Restaurant and the Tapa Cafe will be closing down later this month.

Comment

the restaurant on top of ala moana hotel is going to be closing soon.

I forgot the name, but ya... first hand intel.

Comment

Working...
                                X