Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Disappearing establishments

Originally posted by integlspwr View Post
    the restaurant on top of ala moana hotel is going to be closing soon.

I forgot the name, but ya... first hand intel.
    Oh bummers. It looks directly into my condo. Now I won't have an audience for my nightly floor show!

Seriously, these closures, all of them, are just so sad. The old Nickolas Nicolas used to be one of my favorite dance haunts. I wonder if it's still Aaron's?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      Seriously, these closures, all of them, are just so sad. The old Nickolas Nicolas used to be one of my favorite dance haunts. I wonder if it's still Aaron's?
      Are you psychic? Look at this story that was posted on the Advertiser's website one hour ago (and four hours after your post) -- Aaron's is closing next weekend.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

the restaurant on top of ala moana hotel is going to be closing soon.

I forgot the name, but ya... first hand intel.
        official.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...ING01/90307042

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
          Are you psychic?
          Nope...was just replying to integlspwr who mentioned the closure earlier today! All I did was name the restaurant!
          Look at this story that was posted on the Advertiser's website one hour ago (and four hours after your post) -- Aaron's is closing next weekend.
          You 2 are psychic, tho'!

Comment

Only temporarily disappearing will be the Disney Store at Ala Moana later this month. They'll be reopening in June in the old Sharper Image location. All inventory is an additional 25% off.

OFF TOPIC: I wanted to buy my little ones a keyboard during Christmas but it was out of my price range. Today, with the additional 25% off I got it for $14!
            ___
            "Be god to each other."

Comment

AARON'S holds memories for me, except that it was called "The Summit" back then. It was there that I got officially engaged the first time. But, no silly tricks like having the ring served in a glass of wine. The truth is that there were no surprises as it was all pre-planned with the full knowledge of my intended.

Comment

i herd from a little birdy that Hiroshi's at restaurant row might be closing. Not sure how good the intel is, but ya, right now its just hearsay until its confirmed.

Comment

i herd from a little birdy that Hiroshi's at restaurant row might be closing. Not sure how good the intel is, but ya, right now its just hearsay until its confirmed.
                  And I wrote to someone in the organization and found out this is completely
                  false. I am glad!

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
                    And I wrote to someone in the organization and found out this is completely
                    false. I am glad!
                    was it high enough in the organization? most of the time, the people working at the actual restaurant do not know about it until the very last second.

But that's good to know..

Comment

was it high enough in the organization? most of the time, the people working at the actual restaurant do not know about it until the very last second.

But that's good to know..
                      Yes I am friends with many of the managers and
                      partners and chefs it was one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by infinitypro View Post
                        Only temporarily disappearing will be the Disney Store at Ala Moana later this month. They'll be reopening in June in the old Sharper Image location. All inventory is an additional 25% off.

OFF TOPIC: I wanted to buy my little ones a keyboard during Christmas but it was out of my price range. Today, with the additional 25% off I got it for $14!

Strange that Disney Store is not offering returns on items even though they are re-locating to another location in the mall. Perhaps it's because they will be closed for a few months is my only guess?

Aj

Comment

yokozuna, that bento / sushi place at ala moana across from curry house was closed when i drove by today.

Comment

One of my co-workers just told me that Maui Tacos in Mililani is closed. Is this true? This was on my list of places where you could get a decent meal for a decent price.

Comment

• Re: It's Chili In Hawaii, move or pau?

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                              They are no longer in Moiliili, on King St.
                              Aloha Ron!

We not pau, I swear! Long story, but we moved twice in 3 months. We are now located on the corner of 3rd & Waialae Ave in Kaimuki inside of The Shipping Shack. Here's the details:

Chili in Hawaii
                              3133 Waialae Avenue
                              Honolulu, HI 96816
                              808-945-7070
                              Hours: Tues-Sat. 9am-5pm

Thank you for caring that we went missing!

Mahalo,

Bev & Mike aka Mrs. & Mr. Chile

Comment

• Ahhh, The Chili's are alive and well!

Very good, very good!

Hope to stop by the new digs soon.
                                https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
                                X