Disappearing eating establishments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Disappearing establishments

Has The Hawaiian Hut show room at the Ala Moana Hotel closed?
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

hi,i know this isnt the place to post this only i just learned a few day's ago,that the dillingham mcdonald's has opened and now people are enjoy it there and the new dillingham mcdonald's look's great so i thought to share this with everyone. also went to time's and now they are soon be slowly putting in what they sell and the price's will be a bit lower than when starmarket's had their's so i thought to share this with everyone and it's at the kam shopping center time's.

Well thank's for your time=O)

Comment

hi.today i went past the new dillingham mcdonald's and it's a very nice place and it's in the waikamilo shopping center and it look's better than the previous building they had and if anyone passes it,you'd be able to view it and that hoping that who passes it may think the facilitie's look's nice.

well thank's for your time=O)

Comment

Sansei...the Dillingham/Waiakamilo McDonald's thread is HERE. It isn't a disappearing establishment!

Comment

Pacific Business News reporting that the Pardise Cafe downtown is closing.

Comment

According to Erika's column in today's Star Bulletin, December 31 will be the closing date for Brent's Deli in Kailua.
              Darn.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Note that they had originally planned to move to another location because of the impending Whole Foods construction - there are lots of businesses that will be displaced by that project - soon.

Comment

One thats coming back!

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=15568

Comment

John Dominis to be demolished, but another eatery/wedding chapel to be built in its place:

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...r+John+Dominis

Comment

What a bummer. We escaped to John Dominis for a private wedding-day dinner after our big reception a few years back. I'll always have good memories of a great meal there capping our wonderful day. (She: 14 oz (!) lobster tail. Me: filet coins and moi. Yum.) We have a nice photo from that night we bought from their roving photographer sitting in our hallway.

Comment

Erika reporting in this morning's Star Bulletin that Buffet 100 at Ward complex "did not enter the Year of the Tiger."

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
                          Erika reporting in this morning's Star Bulletin that Buffet 100 at Ward complex "did not enter the Year of the Tiger."
                          AFAIAC, good riddance to them! Buffet 100 started off great, but went downhill after a couple of years. Lots of cost-cutting measures were implemented. There was more ice than cream in the ice cream dispenser the last time I went. And I swear the crab legs they served on their seafood night was soaked in a super spicy sauce in order to discourage people from eating more than a handful.

Also, counting each of the desert toppings as part of the 100 item menu? Cheap, cheap, cheap!!!
                          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Erika (Star Bulletin) reporting this morning the family-operated La Bamba on Kapahulu shutting down after 20 + years - victim of the recession. After a break, they plan to re-boot somewhere else,

Comment

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...t+closes+doors

After a couple of shifts in owners, the Hungry Lion fell behind on its rent and served its last meal on Tues., after 27 years in business.
                              Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

PBN and others reporting that Patti's Chinese Kitchen will close its last location - Pearlridge - at the end of the month. First Patti's opened in 1967.

Comment

Working...
                                X